Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MKJ83 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 09:16 AM
    Why is she contacting me?
    A few months ago my boyfriend broke up with me and then almost immediately slept with a friend of mine. I refused to see or speak to him, but we have been in touch again and are seeing each other. Bad idea I know, but it's too hard to have self control when you love someone.
    I never heard from that so called friend, and this was about four months ago now. She never contacted me to apologise. My ex boyfriend called me last night and said he was going home but would call me later to maybe come over. He never rang. He does that a lot. Not necessarily doing anything wrong, he often goes out and forgets to mention it. It's annoying.
    I dismissed it really, as I have decided that I don't want anything heavy with him, because when he does it again, it won't hurt because I'll be seeing other people as well.
    When I got home from a friend's house last night, this girl immediately IM'd me. I was really shocked and upset. It just came up with one of those stupid virus things, that it says you said, you know? Check out my IM names or whatever. I ignored it, but it popped up again.
    Trying not to sound completely paranoid, but I know that virus thing only comes up when you open a conversation window, which means she opened a conversation window with me, then closed it, then opened it again. I blocked her, so she couldn't say anything. Is it really paranoid to think that she went to say something to me, and was stopped? By say, my ex boyfriend? He hasn't contacted me today, and I need to be prepared for whatever I find out. Any ideas as to why she did it?
    P.S. I'm not after any advice about the ex, I get enough s*** from my friends, I want to know what her agenda is. Thanks. Believe me I know everything you would want to say about him.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 9, 2006, 09:33 AM
    How will you ever know what she wants to say if you keep blocking and ignoring her?

Your asking us to answer a question that we have no way of knowing, but if I read your post correctly, the woman in question is trying despreatly to give you the answer you seek.

Dec 9, 2006, 09:40 AM
    OK, she hasn't been desperately trying to contact me, she has contacted me ONCE last night, and I haven't asked for some kind of telepathic answers, I am asking what conclusions other people would draw. I do not want to speak to this girl, when she was confronted by my best friend she said she wasn't sorry and to this day is constantly all over him. Honestly, I don't expect anyone to know, I'm just curious to see what other people would make of this situation if they were in it.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 9, 2006, 09:41 AM
    Actually, from experience with those virus things, the other person doesn't have to open the window to have anything sent to you. It sounds like she has a virus on hers, and it got a hold of everyone on her messenger list.. then it sends out that virus message...

Ive had friends accuse me of sending stuff to them, but I honestly didn't send anything!

Did the message say something like copy and paste this to your friends, or some BS? There are a bunch of different ones out there... just ignore them, and her. I doubt she is trying to talk to you though... But she obviously still had you on her list... hmmm

Dec 9, 2006, 09:44 AM
    No, the message said so-and-so says, check out superhot babes or summat dodgy. I've got one on mine, which whenever I try and speak to someone or they speak to me, it automatically says I say check out my IM names. But I do know some people who have that virus that does just send it to everyone on their contact list. Thanks, that actually makes more sense...
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Don't worry about what her agenda is. You have nothing to do with this person whatsoever. Block her so she can't IM, text or e-mail you and don't give it a second thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Contacting Amazon.com about Fraud [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know a "1-800" number for Amazon.com? I am trying to call them because I found a website that is committing fraud against them and I would like to speak to someone immediately about it. The website is http://www.rnbent.com/ The fraud subfolders are here:...

Any ideas why an ex will keep contacting you? [ 29 Answers ]

Thanks everyone for all of your advice on my other post. A lingering thought I keep having is that I just can't help but wonder why my ex kept contacting me after he broke things off with me to be with another girl? Does anyone have any theories about this? It just seems like such a foreign concept...

Why is she Contacting me? Help [ 7 Answers ]

Ok here's the dirt: After 5-months of being broken up w/no contact, My Ex-girlfriend of 2-years just contacted me through AOL instant mesenger w/voice. This is what she said, "Nothing's changed. I have been thinking about you lately and was wondering how you were doing. Have your mom and her...

View more questions Search