Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fellita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 02:34 AM
    Portuguese passport goan in UK - life style
    I would like to know what are the benefits for a portuguese passport holder (Goan) when they residie in UK... job opportunities
    joemike Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 11:48 AM
    I have been having a portuguese passport since 1992 and has been in Germany/England since than. Times has gone a drastic change since than. Than a salesman in goa earned 500 to 1000. Now he earns 4000 to 6000. Here if you earned 1000 pounds than now you earn 1200 to 1300. India is rising, Europe is shinking. In London if you earn 800 pounds if you are lucky you might save 200 to 300 if live in a sharing accommodation, which is mostly worse than living in goan clubs in Bombay. Times are hard here since 2008. I see hundreds of Goans without jobs for months on end and some in desperate situations. ( London) To save even that much your life style will have to be the bare minimum. If you are earning above 6000 rupees in a govt. or a corporate company in India and you come here you will regret with high chances. There is a 10 to 15% chance you could actually make a success here. Take your pick.
    joemike Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 11:48 AM
    I have been having a portuguese passport since 1992 and has been in Germany/England since than. Times has gone a drastic change since than. Than a salesman in goa earned 500 to 1000. Now he earns 4000 to 6000. Here if you earned 1000 pounds than now you earn 1200 to 1300. India is rising, Europe is shinking. In London if you earn 800 pounds if you are lucky you might save 200 to 300 if live in a sharing accommodation, which is mostly worse than living in goan clubs in Bombay. Times are hard here since 2008. I see hundreds of Goans without jobs for months on end and some in desperate situations. ( London) To save even that much your life style will have to be the bare minimum. If you are earning above 6000 rupees in a govt. or a corporate company in India and you come here you will regret with high chances. There is a 10 to 15% chance you could actually make a success here. Take your pick.
    kenyad Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2010, 10:07 AM
    I would say you need to urgently leave the country your living and go back to Goa. Secondly I know 32 goan who applied along with me for the portuguese passport and by the grace of god all are doing terrific, each one is earning nothing less then 3000 euros a month. Anyway do not give up hope and think wise. Sitting and hatching eggs in goa I advice go out and explore the world, there is nothing as less or more, have faith in god and all will be possible. And when goa blooms then you can come back and retire in goa. Love to you all goans. ----- Dr. Ken
    felix003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2011, 12:26 AM
    Now a days the no country in the world is safe but one thing europe is going to be a super power soon
    Because of the european union and the possibilities of jobs are likely more even in other european states
    As compared to meagre goan salaries now and especially all the other immigrants coming down to goa to work
    At very meagre pay which has resulted in high rise of unemployment of the native goan youth who though are
    Highly qualified... but unemployed... so take a risk a chance and go to europe have faith in yourself and
    Believe in god... take a risk... remember no pains no gains...
    goodgoan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 10:37 AM
    Joemike are those kind of goans who are with "crab mentality''. Many goans come down and tell fellow goans that there are no jobs in europe and the situation is bad there. But these people only fool others. They themselves enjoy the benefits of acquiring the passport and inculcate in the aspiring goans the fear of failure they will achieve if they move to europe.

I hate people like joemike who instead of encouraging fellow goans, they demoralise them.
    goanpatriot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 08:53 AM
    I do agree wit you. Portuguese Passport is not a right but a previlege to us goans. And a great big hope to open avenues throughout the world not just Europe. Viva Portugal
    malony7985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Hi

I am an Goan. Just received my passport. I want to come to UK for a job. Can you tel me if they is a good market for iT jobs.. I am even ready to wrk in a restaurant. Can you please tel me what is the average salary if I wrk in a restaurant. Also I wanted to know ow long does it take to get a job in UK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If my wife done n get portuguese passport,the I can aplly for portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

If my wife done n get portuguese passport,the I can aplly for portuguese passport I'm from goasame my wife too from goa her mother had got portuguese identity card and my brother in law done his p.passport n gone

Documentation to acquire portuguese passport for people of goan origina [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have read a lot about what is required in order for a goan to get a portuguese passport. I know that the first step is to have one of the parents birth, marriage and death certificates registed in the conservatoria in portugal. The one piece of documentation that stumps me is "certificate...

View more questions Search