Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkdays Posts: 143, Reputation: 17

Mar 15, 2010, 06:49 PM
    Need some advice
    I don't even know where to start. Everything in my life is so messed up. I don't know why everything is the way it is. I always try to make things better, but they never get better. I've lost faith in everything I held to be true and right. No one talks to me anymore. I pray all the time for help, but God never helps.
    I've been out of work for so long. Every day I try harder and harder to get a job, but it never happens. My on and off girlfriend ignores me. I know she doesn't love me anymore. She blames me for everything that went wrong between us. I've tried to let go of her many times, then she'll come back after I tried moving on to get me back, and I go back but she treats me bad again. Im so weak when it comes to her. I have four kids that I hardly ever see. Nothing ever seems to go right.
    I just don't understand why everything is such a mess and no matter how hard I try, it never gets better. Why? I think Im a smart, attractive, good hearted guy. I can't seem to get my life started again. Everything gets worse and worse and Im always depressed, I have no one to turn to. Im always so lonely anymore. I just don't understand anything anymore.
    mindi7171 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2010, 07:37 PM

I am no expert on this, but I have been depressed and I know how it feels. I started getting over it by going to a bible based church. I know God answers prayers, even though sometimes its not the answer you are looking for. Surrounding yourself with positive people is a great way to get your mind right too. No matter what don't give up!! You may not feel it, but youhave people that care about you in your life, I don't even know youand I care about you!I am praying for you and I know you will find peace if you just trust God.

Mar 15, 2010, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mindi7171 View Post
    I am no expert on this, but I have been depressed and I know how it feels. I started getting over it by going to a bible based church. I know God answers prayers, even though sometimes its not the answer you are looking for. Surrounding yourself with positive people is a great way to get your mind right too. No matter what dont give up!!!You may not feel it, but youhave people that care about you in your life, I dont even know youand i care about you!I am praying for you and I know you will find peace if you just trust God.
    Thank you. It's nice to hear someone cares. I try to tell myself that God is leading me to something better, but it gets so hard to believe it when nothing ever seems to get better. I try so hard to be positive, but it gets harder all the time, more and more. My on and off girlfriend blames me so much that I start thinking I actually am to blame, but I just don't know what for. She just doesn't seem like she cares at all. I've lost so many friends because of her. She used to complain that I would talk to them instead of her, but when I would push them aside and try to confide in her, she would just make me feel worse like what I felt means nothing. I know she is no good for me, but I don't feel like I can let go of her and I don't know why. I think my esteem has been so shattered. I feel so broken.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 08:33 PM

Have heart young guy, its rough, but you do have options. When work is scarce and hard to find, it's a perfect time to return to school and get qualified, and certified at a skill or trade, in something that has a future, like health care or mechanics, or plumbing. Its an endless list of where good paying jobs are going to be. Accomplishment, especially during tough times will get the confidence going.

I don't know where you are, but look around at not only online classes, but those offering financial assistance, and/or placement services for graduates. Never know, you might even enjoy the time you spend learning something new, or something you like.

Once your career and life has direction, anything is possible, even seeing your kids.

But you have to take the first step, and check it out. How old are you? What did you do before?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2010, 08:49 PM

Pray for God's guidance... Remember when the disiples even doubted that Christ would rise again? Well he did! We all have doubts and fears and sometimes we feel like we're alone. We aren't. You aren't. The Bible says , 'Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me'... Please keep posting here. You have friends who will try to help you. God Bless You:)

Mar 16, 2010, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Have heart young guy, its rough, but you do have options. When work is scarce and hard to find, its a perfect time to return to school and get qualified, and certified at a skill or trade, in something that has a future, like health care or mechanics, or plumbing. Its an endless list of where good paying jobs are going to be. Accomplishment, especially during tough times will get the confidence going.

I don't know where you are, but look around at not only online classes, but those offering financial assistance, and/or placement services for graduates. Never know, you might even enjoy the time you spend learning something new, or something you like.

Once your career and life has direction, anything is possible, even seeing your kids.

But you have to take the first step, and check it out. How old are you? What did you do before?

I'm 39 years old. And I was a master carpenter. There are so many like me that are also out of work, and there are so few job offers. I struggle everyday trying to get another job, no matter what it is. I call them periodically to keep showing my interest, but nothing happens.

Mar 16, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    Pray for God's guidance...Remember when the disiples even doubted that Christ would rise again? Well he did! We all have doubts and fears and sometimes we feel like we're alone. We aren't. You aren't. The Bible says , 'Let not your heart be troubled; ye beleive in God, beleive also in me'...Please keep posting here. You have friends who will try to help you. God Bless You:)
    Thank you, and bless you too.
    I pray all the time. Im still holding faith that God is liostening and hopefully already working out his plan to fix things. Sometimes I wonder if these trials of perserverence are to make me a stronger and better person than I was before, or if they are a punishment.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdays View Post
    Thank you, and bless you too.
    I pray all the time. Im still holding faith that God is liostening and hopefully already working out his plan to fix things. Sometimes I wonder if these trials of perserverence are to make me a stronger and better person than I was before, or if they are a punishment.

God never puts anything in our path that doesn't make us stronger! Read his word and thank him for your wonderful children. He will guide you. He loves us just as we love our children. Blessings:):)
    Expert

Mar 16, 2010, 08:54 PM

Can you give a general location?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 09:00 PM

You are in my prayers!

Mar 16, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Can you give a general location?
    Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    You are in my prayers!
    Thank you so much, I appreciate that with all sincerity. And God bless you for your caring and compassion.
    Expert

Mar 16, 2010, 09:16 PM

Dude just do some homework on Google, start with trade schools. Or anything you THINK you might like, and see if I am right about the many options you may have. I can attest that being out of work in one field, should not stop you from exploring other fields, whether related, or not.

Check it out as, if ex cons, and ex dope fiends, can rise above their situation, so can you.

Let me know, what you find, and if you need assistance.

Mar 16, 2010, 09:18 PM
    Dude just do some homework on google, start with trade schools. or anything you THINK you might like, and see if I am right about the many options you may have. I can attest that being out of work in one field, should not stop you from exploring other fields, whether related, or not.

Check it out as, if ex cons, and ex dope fiends, can rise above their situation, so can you.

Let me know, what you find, and if you need assistance.
    I will, and thank you very much for the advice.
    briexcell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 09:20 PM

Sometimes, when you ask God the things that you want, He will give you what you need. You want a job, but we never know, He might give you a business that will make you richer than Bill Gates. Come on, you're not even being positive. Let God guide in your path to conquer all the obstacles that life has to offer. I have been in your shoes before. When all things seems to fail, God intervened and now, I am better than any other woman in this world."just kidding". All I want to say is if you think that you have done everything to make things positive, how about try to take it easy. Sometimes, we people are so focused on solving a small problem that we don't realized it became big because of the way we try to solve it. God is always with us. Even if you're an agnostic, atheist or with different religion. We just have to BELIEVE. God bless you man.

Mar 16, 2010, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by briexcell View Post
    sometimes, when you ask God the things that you want, He will give you what you need. You want a job, but we never know, He might give you a business that will make you richer than Bill Gates. Come on, you're not even being positive. Let God guide in your path to conquer all the obstacles that life has to offer. i have been in your shoes before. When all things seems to fail, God intervened and now, I am better than any other woman in this world."just kidding". All I wanna say is if you think that you have done everything to make things positive, how about try to take it easy. Sometimes, we people are so focused on solving a small problem that we don't realized it became big because of the way we try to solve it. God is always with us. Even if you're an agnostic, atheist or with different religion. We just have to BELIEVE. God bless you man.
    Thank you. I am trying to stay positive as best as I can, but it gets so hard at times. It's so nice to have so many people here to talk to and people that care. I hope Im not coming off as a big baby about all this. It's just that it's been going on for so long.

Mar 16, 2010, 09:35 PM
    Thank you. I am trying to stay positive as best as I can, but it gets so hard at times. It's so nice to have so many people here to talk to and people that care. I hope Im not coming off as a big baby about all this. It's just that it's been going on for so long.
    Naahhhh... we both are babies when it comes to problems.. I used to cry a lot and attempted suicide.heheheh..

And, take one problem at a time. You stated that you were having troubles with your girlfriend as well right? You might want to focus first on getting a job and once established, talk to your girlfriend heart to heart. You can't serve two masters at a time so focus on one thing and once done, move to the other.

Mar 16, 2010, 09:39 PM
    naahhhh...we both are babies when it comes to problems..i used to cry a lot and attempted suicide.heheheh..
    Gosh, I hope not! You know, I actually thought about that a few times.

Mar 16, 2010, 09:48 PM
    Gosh, I hope not! You know, I actually thought about that a few times.
    Suicide is a big NO NO! By the way, you can find a lot of jobs in the internet. If you're an internet savvy, you can start you own video blog. A lot of my friends are earning because of advertisements on their blog and such.. im not really sure about it but you can try it though. Right now, I am looking for an online work such as customer service rep.im just being positive.. hehe

Mar 16, 2010, 09:51 PM
    suicide is a big NO NO! by the way, you can find a lot of jobs in the internet. If your an internet savvy, you can start you own video blog. a lot of my friends are earning because of advertisements on their blog and such..im not really sure about it but you can try it though. right now, i am looking for an online work such as customer service rep.im just being positive..hehe
    Im not very good with the internet to that extreme. But I wish you the best of luck with it. Keep up being positive. I will too. Thanks.
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2010, 04:32 AM

You are in the best hands in the world and that is God's hands. Doesn't that give you a sense of peace? Everything will be all right! Bless you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice [ 18 Answers ]

OK this is my first time writeing on here, and I really didn't know where else to write this so here goes,I'm a 21 m and I have no idea what I want to do with my life and it's making me depressed... I want something that's fun and makes a lot of money, I want a good life since my childhood was so...

I need advice! [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: I just found out I'm pregnant by my ex. He was physically and emotionally abusive. He told me the last time we spoke that if I ever became pregnant by him he would do "anything necessary to get rid of it". I decided not to tell him but I just thought of a very big problem, I go back to...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

Need some advice [ 16 Answers ]

My question is actually a long one. I was in a 2 year relationship with a man who is the father of my 2 year old daughter. He treated me like a queen the first year of our relationship. However he became very abusive to me even punching me a the stomach when I was pregnant. I eventually lost the...

I need some advice [ 3 Answers ]

I am 31 and my g/f is 23. We have been dating for about a year. I left about 3 months ago to go to Europe, prior to leaving we spent every day together and truly loved being around each other. I was a bit confused because prior to that she would tell me that she is not ready for a full...

View more questions Search