Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spicegal2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Boyfriend had a one night stand now she has the baby how to deal with this
    He had a fling once it happen, it was before we got together which he told me before we start the relationship now the child has arrived I don't know how to feel towards him and the child, we don't have any kids
    lea_09 Posts: 100, Reputation: 10

Mar 10, 2010, 01:03 PM

The girl that he had a fling with is not part of you and his relationship. This is a group issue basically. So we have a dyhad which turned into a triad because of her baby. It will be hard to adjust to because that is his baby. You can't let it effect your relationship. Just be strong and help him through it. It is not easy being a new parent.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 01:21 PM
    He has to face the consequences of his actions. I'm sorry that you were dragged into it. This is an internal battle for you. His child will always be part of his life. If you can't handle that part about his life, then don't force yourself to.

He comes with a lot of baggage and you can't expect him to throw it all out the door. Either try to find somewhere to fix his baggage or keep him and his baggage out of his life.
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 10, 2010, 01:53 PM

I'd like to point out to you that the only obligation you have in life, is the obligation for you to be happy. If you’re not happy, you can't make someone else happy. This pretty much means, that you have to set the borderlines for yourself. If you think that finding a way to cope with this baby is too much, than I strongly suggest that you rethink the relationship. I don't think that it would be wise to stay together, because you will always feel too much involved into his past.

However, while this situation will always be an issue, it doesn’t have to be a problem. Communicate your concerns with your boyfriend with the understanding that the situation is very new for him as well.
    chickie543 Posts: 74, Reputation: 25

Mar 10, 2010, 02:00 PM

If you don't want anything to do with the child, I would suggest leaving him, because he's going to have this child (every weekend or however its worked out) for the next 18years.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 02:12 PM

The baby is part of him and that's all you should be concerned with. He is with you. He wants to share his life, his child, his pain, his happieness WITH YOU. Not the child's mother. Who knows, Maybe you'll fall in love with his baby.

As long as everything happened prior to you, I wouldn't see a need to be too concerned. If you like kids, then what's the problem? Yes, it may seem awkward at times.. Maybe sometimes you won't know what to do.. But I am 100% sure that he is feeling the EXACT way you do.

And you have no obligations to say anything to the child's mother. She's his past that unfortunately has to stay in communication with him. There are tons of people in this world that make these types of situations work. It all comes down to whether you WANT to make it work
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 08:23 PM

If you can't accept the children your partner has, then you can't accept him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One night stand should I tell my boyfriend of a month? [ 11 Answers ]

OK I have been on and off with my boyfriend for a year. During this time he lied and cheated and had other girls and slept around I was with other people in the times when he had another girlfriend. He cheated on his most recent girlfriend with me lets just say we were very rocky.. and its been...

Wife had baby by married man after one night stand [ 5 Answers ]

I found out that my wife had a one night stand on me after she was already four months pregnant. We were going to have an abortion but after the guy said that if the baby was his that either way he wanted nothing to do with the baby we decided to keep it. I also didn't know if the baby was mine and...

Boyfriend had one night stand [ 25 Answers ]

Ive been with my fiancé for about 2 1/2 years now. When we were together for 5 months he had a one night stand with an ex. I didn't find out about it for months later.. and when I did find out I took it hard. Now it doesn't bother me nearly as much... but I still think in my head.. why did he do...

View more questions Search