Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prsl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 11:56 AM
    Should I invite an ex boyfriend to my child's party.
    My ex had hurt me so much before. I've forgiven/forgotten, recently we got in touch online. I hadn't seen him in over 5 yrs. (fyi, I never had sex with him.) He has a girlfriend and I'm with my child's father. I have no intention on getting together with my ex but am curious to see him and catch up as friends. I plan on inviting his girlfriend along. The problem is that I've mentioned this person to my partner before but don't know if he remembers his face I am scared that some type of jealousy will come up and a problem will occur what should I do? Should I let him know who he is or invite him as a friend and not say anything or not invite, mind you I don't have any friends, I'm always working or doing something that I don't take time out to hang out unless it's with my partner and sometimes his friends.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2010, 12:15 PM

Why invite him at all if it might cause problems?

This guy hurt you in the past,he doesn't sound like friendship material to me.
    lollypops01 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 12:26 PM

If I was you I would sit down and talk to my partner and see what he/she says
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 01:29 PM

Sounds like you want to open a can of worms.

Do you have a way to contain the worms?
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 10, 2010, 01:39 PM

You need to be honest with your partner. I definitely don't recommend inviting your ex and telling your boyfriend he's just a friend.. what happens if your boyfriend finds out the truth?

Why do you want this ex of yours at your child's birthday party? This day is supposed to be about your child and not the drama that will certainly arise if you follow through with this plan of yours.
    chickie543 Posts: 74, Reputation: 25

Mar 10, 2010, 02:07 PM

This seems like it will be very awkward for your boyfriend and his girlfriend. Is a child's party really the best place to 'catch up'? I wouldn't invite him.

Mar 10, 2010, 08:17 PM

Thanks for your comments, he had asked for the invite, I was thinking it was OK as long as I invite his girlfriend. I don't feel anything for this guy. I did talk to him after we broke up as a friend and I was with someone else at that time I know it won't be awkard for us but I don't know how his girlfriend or my partner will feel.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by prsl View Post
    Thanx for your comments, he had asked for the invite, I was thinking it was ok as long as I invite his gf. I don't feel anything for this guy. I did talk to him after we broke up as a friend and I was with someone else at that time I know it won't be awkard for us but I dont know how his gf or my partner will feel.
    Again, as long as you have a way to contain the worms.

Why do this to yourself? Why make things more difficult for your respective significant others?

If you really only wanted to catch up with him, you easily do it without dragging your significant others in.

Mar 10, 2010, 08:42 PM

Thank you I WISH I just thought it be worse if we catched up basically on the low because I don't want to seem like I'm hiding something. Thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 11, 2010, 07:33 PM

If I were your partner, I would not like you inviting an ex, girlfriend or not to my kids party, and I would certainly not be happy about you catching up on the low, behind my back with him. What the freak can you be thinking??

If you need your own friends, go get some that are acceptable to be family friends.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2010, 11:10 PM

Not really sure why you wanted to invite him.

Curiousity killed the cat.

Sounds like you have a motive, but feel guilty.

After 5 years, you are still on this guy? What? Want to have that screw you never had?

This shouldn't even enter your head. Or ruin a party meant for your kid.

Isn't that what the party's about? Get real, yo.
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Mar 12, 2010, 11:40 AM

This is wrong on so many levels that I don't know what to say other than... NO. HELL NO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bachelor Party Vs Wedding Invite [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All- I was invited to an old friends "destination" bachelor party in Costa Rica. He was my roommate from 04-06 and we were close. After he meet his now fiancé, he moved out and shunned most of his friends for her. The wedding is in August and I was not invited. He snubbed several of...

Has the Democratic Party always been the cry-baby Party? [ 21 Answers ]

This is an honest question and I’m looking for an honest answer. Since I can remember Democrats talk about what a lousy country this is and constantly complain about the “unfairness” of life, the “evils” of big business, the never-shrinking scourge of racism and homophobia, and the inevitable...

View more questions Search