How long does a rebound last
    How long does a rebound last
    Newguy2009 Posts: 183, Reputation: 57

Mar 8, 2010, 02:55 PM

Are you the rebound? Rebounds hardly ever last and are a bad idea
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 02:57 PM

Since you didn't provide any details, I'll just have to say that it depends on the individual.

Some people find it easy to move on, especially if the relationship was all about arguing or abuse.

There is a high percentage of partners that were truly in love with the person and they are left in a great deal of pain and grief.

If the person doesn't give themselves enough time to grieve, think about things, and realize mistakes made by either themselves or their ex, then they haven't learned much and may repeat the same mistake by making the same mistakes in themselves, or choosing another mate that doesn't suit them.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 06:31 PM

Depends on how far you're in the recovery process.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:13 AM

Usually until you don't need it any more.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2010, 08:14 AM

Until the other becomes tired of the relationship. I read somewhere it is usually between 1-4 months

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take to rebound from DEPRESSION? Should I wait for him? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey Everyone! I'm not quite sure how to phrase this question but I'll give it a shot... almost two weeks ago, my boyfriend of a year and I decided to stop seeing each other. He is suffering from a deep depression, brought on from family history, his past and current struggles financially and with...

Is it a rebound [ 21 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I broke up about 3 months ago after being togther for 4 years. We were hanging out and hooking up for 2 months after we broke up and then it seemed like all of a sudden she was spending a lot of time with this new guy "Friend". She told me that he was just a friend and that she...

Is he on the rebound? [ 4 Answers ]

I just found out that my ex boyfriend (who broke up with me about two weeks ago) is in a new relationship with another girl. I don't feel upset or jealous about this at all, but I do feel slightly betrayed by him for some reason, and I can't explain it. He told me that he still wanted to be...

How long before it is no longer considered a rebound? [ 41 Answers ]

Hi I have a question about rebounds. I did put it in the rebound question posted by njcutie but deleted it and set up a new thread because there was a different debate going on that I did not want to interfere with. How long after a break-up does it have to be before entering a new relationship...

View more questions Search