Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    readyforsomethingtohappen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 09:57 AM
    Something missing in my relationship
    I have been in a relationship almost 2 years, actually our 2 year anniversary is in 2 days. Lately I have been feeling like there is something missing in our relationship. I recently mentioned it to him but He said he does not feel it. I can't shake this feeling and I don't know if its just me or if it has something to do with him. I love him! I sometimes feel like he is holding back. He has been married twice before and I have been married once. He said he is afraid of ending up again in another divorce. He was in a 2 year relationship with another women, a year into his relationship he asked this women to marry him, they had joint checking accounts, shortly after that she said because of health issues she could not sleep with him, so the last year of their relationship he slept on the couch. He left her in December. We met in February and things were happening so quickly then they stopped... I really thought we would be engaged by now or even talked about our future. He has not talked about our future, other then I can see myself having a future with you. When I mentioned how I felt about him and how I don't want to be in a relationship with someone for 6 years before I get married, he said your right we need to talk about our future, but nothings been said since. Maybe its me! Help!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 12:49 PM

If you think that something is missing, then chances are, you're right. I would say trust your instincts.

If you're not getting what you want in a relationship, if the relationship doesn't feel natural, then find happiness elsewhere.

No need to force the issue.
    lionesslovelife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Hi.I think that guy you are with has been burnt twice and maybe that's why he is taking time to make things happen between two of u.I think you should not raise the topic of marriage again because taking it fast may ruin a good relationship.be patient and drop subtle hints,and give him a further grace period of 6 months to 1 year.and raise the topic once again at that time.this will make him realize that you are not putting any pressure on him.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 01:20 PM

If marriage is what you want talk to him about it, but be aware that he may not want that. So you may need to decide whether to hang in there or walk away.

I wish you well
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2010, 02:01 PM

It seems you and your boyfriend aren't on the same page. Go find a man who is excited about being with you for the rest of his life, a man you love and who loves you in return. It doesn't make sense to stay with a guy who doesn't want to marry you more than anything else. He sounds like a real dud. :(

When you find the right person, it should be a time of great joy, not a time of questioning if there's something missing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 9, 2010, 07:18 AM

Talk to him in a calm relaxed way, why not? If it's a concern, express it. After only a few years with a twice divorced guy though, expect hesitation at going for a third strike, which in my book is understandable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something is missing in my relationship! [ 8 Answers ]

So I have been dating someone for 9 months. He is 2 years younger than me.. but very mature for his age. He is an extremely nice person.. very sweet to me.. and makes me laugh more than anyone else can no matter what kind of mood I am in. I am in love with him and he is in love with me. Recently,...

Missing persons accra ghana Looking for Labrams Osman missing since Feb 12, 4:30pm [ 13 Answers ]

5ft.7in appox. 130lbs long dark brown hair caucasian, very attractive Labanon decent.

Sister had children, now I'm missing my relationship with my mom [ 10 Answers ]

In summary, I miss my parents, but don't feel it recripricated from my mom... if anyone has some advice rather than criticism I would love to hear it. I have read many posts on here of mothers missing their relationship with their daughters... my situation is just the reverse. For the mothers out...

Keep missing my period and getting it and then missing again [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed my period for 2 or 3 months and then it came back in August and now I missed it again in September. I am 17 years old

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

View more questions Search