OD MY nerve/pain tranquilizers

I hope that was a joke..
    And if it was.. not a very a funny one.

Love.. is just a word..

We love the person we are with yes..
    But what we love so much more.. is How they make us feel
    The feeling of warmth they give us
    That tender feeling.

So love should be an action that makes someone feel good.. right?

From what I read.. neither of you got the point of that.

2 Options

1 Work on your own issues, and what's done is done.. try and move on.. to a new life together.
    Or
    2 Split with him go no contact. Work on yourself and try and find someone that makes you feel warm and special

There are people out there.. that would make even the most self conscious person feel loved.

I hope you make the right choice.

Love is a wonderful thing, if both partners work at it together.

It can be a nightmare if both partners are not working at it, because all that is left then, is fear.. doubt and need.
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 25, 2010, 03:45 PM

I don't understand how a person so self conscious can cheat? Don't you think you cheating on him can have the same affect it has on you? Possible he feels the same way and was shattered to hear when you cheated on him. All he did was put ideas in your head that shattered your thoughts, but you actually acted on your thoughts and went through with the cheating...
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 10:48 PM
    Just quietly, I believe that you're sabotaging the relationship and then justifying it with psycho-babble.

He tells you that he still loves an ex and you make it the reason NOT to commit. You use this to blame him for shattering your self-esteem, and then you justify your 'fragile' state by having an affair.

You also blame him for destroying your sanity and self esteem.

Wake up. You did this to yourself. You made the choices.

I apologize for being harsh, but you seem to be blaming others for your state of mind and your actions and not taking responsibility.

I strongly suggest counseling would be helpful to get a perspective on yourself and strengthen you self-esteem, particularity if you're taking medication and are thinking of OD'ing.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 07:20 AM

Time to leave, you already have one foot out the door. You are not helping yourself or him by staying in a relationship you feel is over.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 09:13 AM
    This needs to be merged with j_ely's other threads on the same subject:

Her threads were merged-MOD.

I still think that your relationship needs to end. The thread I linked to is only a portion of what you have been through with this person.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 09:19 AM
    I think Cats right, while there was a lot of physical pleasures, I really don't think there was enough to bond with this person, so maybe the lust is finally wearing off enough for you to realize, he ain't the one to sustain your highly emotional needs, and you want to move on so, DO SO! Just be honest about it!
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 07:26 AM

Sadly this type of thing happens all the time...
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 06:05 PM
    I just read through most of the merged threads and it all seems so incredibly complex. Why have you made this SUCH hard work?

It reads like it was one issue after another - even to the point where this man didn't like your hair.

You chose to stay and to allow him to wear away at your fragile sense of self.

In fact the answer is quite simple - the only way to feel better about this situation and about yourself is to remove yourself from it.

Your lives are not so intertwined that you can't separate. So just do it.

Don't you want to feel better?
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 2, 2010, 06:15 PM

Wow, it sounds you like have some major self esteem issues. He is bringing out some major insecurities within yourself.

I don't think you should be in this relationship anymore. Take a step back and figure out how to love yourself first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone tell me something about menstrual psychosis? [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me something about menstrual psychosis? I am a female and I know all about menstrual symptoms (both mild and severe) but I am at a total loss with this one. My girlfriend turns into a crazy person when she gets her period. I don't mean "regular" crazy, I mean clinically deranged....

Diseased Kitten? [ 2 Answers ]

My Kitten has thick foamy saliva that is around his lips. It smells horrible. His gum's are a bit irritated But the reason I became worried is because it's been three days and the bubbling saliva still coats his mouth... What could this possibly be? A dental disease couldn't cause...

Diseased child Movie [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is someone out there that might be able to help me out. I saw a movie about a teenage kid that had a disease and his mom was a biker type women(with a boy friend). I do believe I recall a scene where she is sitting on a swing. In the end the teenager dies due to the...

Pre-partum psychosis [ 1 Answers ]

I am late in pregnancy - 37 weeks... I have diagnosed PTSD and bipolar disorder, but have been off medication for about 3 years, and have been stable. I have recently been having disturbing dreams and "fantasies" about killing my entire family. Of course, this is NOT normal for me - and I have...

View more questions Search