Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 10:04 AM

You're doing well and you'll feel better with time.
    Be patient with yourself and keep busy.
    Take care.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 11:36 AM
    I know that it's painful, but a month isn't long enough! Don't send a letter, text or anything. Stay on the NO CONTACT route and don't get off or you will be heading for heartbreak all over again. Be patient - it will get easier.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    You need to give yourself more credit. A month isn't very long and I know it took longer for me to get over someone I loved than a month. Try 6-10 months in reality. Be strong and we'll give you plenty of support. It is good to get your emotions out on a letter but then rip it up. Be patient man, this is a long process. We've all been there so we know it's hard.

I for one am proud of you! Keep up the good work.
    Sorry had to spread the rep KC

But I, to, am proud of you! A months isn't very long to get over someone. But at the same time... to get through that first month is hard! So you should pat yourself on the shoulder and say HEY! GO ME, for getting through the first month!

So here's an additional reason as to why you should NOT send that letter.

You've gotten through 1 month of NC... just keep on going. Afford yourself EVEN MORE time to get over the X. You might feel that you need to send that letter right now, but why not put it in a drawer for now and leave it there... heck you can even write more letters and put them in a draw... but don't send them!

(The reason I say this, is personally, when I have issues/problems/heartbreaks/heartaches etc, etc.. I like to put things into words. On occation I have even written letters addressed to cetain people... I've vberbalized whatever I needed to get of my chest... hidden the letters and then thrown them away.. )

As for support! Man, we are here for you and we only wish you the best!
    duece22022 Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jan 22, 2010, 12:26 PM

Wow thanks!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 01:26 PM

Sometimes you have to write letters explaining what happened, saying all that you wanted to say but didn't, pouring out your heart onto paper... but then you dispose of them.

I've had to do it... it hurts like crazy, but when I got it all out, it felt better. The trick is to write it down and throw it away. Burn it if you'd like.

I definitely recommend writing stuff down, but definitely don't recommend sending it. It is a healing process for you.

No, don't send it. Write it and get rid of it.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by duece22022 View Post
    because i am doing NC right now and its been a month and i still can't get over her. I really miss her, even though i'm trying not to.
    Yep you've already done a month and it hurts right?

Well if you send the letter you may just get a reply , and that will fill you with False Hope , you'll then go back to square one and have to suffer that month all over again.

Jan 27, 2010, 07:24 AM
    This technique worked for me!
    Threads merged

Well she broke up with me about a month and a half ago. Like most people on this forum that are fresh off a break-up, our moods keep flip-flopping non stop. One moment I'm fine and the next I am in complete disarray. I am 24 and I've been dating her for almost 6 years. I have never been hurt like this before. I have been no contact for about a month and I love it and I hate it. I love the fact that I have power to choose not to contact her and that this will one day lead to my emotional freedom. I hate it because I miss her a lot and she was my only source of sharing intimacy. About once a week I have a very strong urge to contact her and express all of my emotions. A part of me still wants her back, and I know with NC that will slowly fade. A very good technique that I here everyone talking about is write her a letter and don't ever send it. Automatically, I thought this is stupid. Why would I waste my time doing that? It would just bring up bad memories and thoughts that I can't express or it will never get to her. Plus I don't like writing because I'm not good at it, (as you can tell).
    But, I wrote her a letter with all the intentions of sending it. I actually went on here and posted a question “should I send it?” I got some really great and helpful responses. Everyone told me to stop and wait to “cool off” and eventually you will know the answer for yourself.
    This couldn't have been more true. I was so overjoyed that I didn't send it. All of us are doing so well with the NC, why would I just throw all of that progress away because of my erratic emotions.
    What I'm trying to say for all of you unstable flip-floppers like me is, write a letter or a pretend phone call conversation on paper. You can even have the intention to actually send it. But before you do wait at least one day to get your thoughts into perspective. If you feel like they need to here what you have to say send it or call them. (You're going to do it anyway, if your mind is set on it). If you're like me you'll calm down during that period and your heart will stop racing and breathing won't be so hard. I think you will decide not to send it, if you're serious about pursuing NC. It's a great way to vent. It actually works. Today I am proud of myself for fighting it off and staying NC. It gives me my power back. Now I have some control. Thanks for your advice everyone.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 07:26 AM

Exactly, see we aren't just bitter victims of break ups, we just have all wanted to send that letter, some have and realized it's not worth it
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 07:31 AM

Great to hear! Glad you took our advice :)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 07:35 AM

I love your phrase 'unstable flip floppers'... well done,I hope your post will inspire others and help someone else.
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 07:36 AM

Well done!
    Stay strong and keep healing.
    Good luck!

Jan 27, 2010, 08:22 AM

Anyone have other techniques??
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 08:33 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...kup-78597.html

I was reading this today,there are some excellent tips in this thread.
    UnluckyDucky Posts: 210, Reputation: 110

Jan 27, 2010, 09:14 AM
    Good job :)

The advice given here is to help people move on the most quick and drama-free as possible. I've heard of those that do send that letter end up in another cycle of drama as they start to fret over whether they reply or not and in the cases where people do get a reply, more drama ensues and this ultimately delays healing. The sad fact is some people never do truly heal because of this.

There are lots of things you can do! Learn a new language, try out a new hobby in something you've been interested in but never "had the time" to try out, join various social groups, make new friends, pick up an instrument, travel, go out and just enjoy nature and the world. I could go on but I think you get the idea...
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2010, 09:34 AM
    I'm glad you're doing so well and your post is a testament as to how well some of these techniques work. :)
    bswc Posts: 197, Reputation: 22

Jan 28, 2010, 09:22 AM

Well done there pal.

Feb 11, 2010, 12:07 PM
    No contact problems?
    Threads merged

I am doing very well with my no contact. It has been almost 2 months. I have been taking everyone's advice and my intentions are to use the no contact for healing. I am trying to get over her. I know some people are trying to use the NC as a way to get their ex to miss them. I tell myself that I am not doing that, but I think really a part of me is hoping that she misses me. (Rule #1 admit you have a problem). I still do. I still have hope and all the established members on here say that "hope will only delay the healing process" I understand that, but I don't know how to stop thinking about her. I try and I try. Good news is, I am seeing progress in myself. I think about her less and less. I keep telling myself, if she still wanted me she would be with me. But I constantly wonder if she is missing me or when she will contact me. Does anyone else have this problem? Are you trying to heal but your mind still wanders towards them? I appreciate alll the advice.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
    The end of a relationship is like a death,you have to grieve.

Part of that process,is thinking 'what ifs' and dreaming that the person will come back or in your case miss you.

Just think of this a part of the process,your breaking the emotional ties,and habits that you had.

Continuing to focus on the future and your healing and this phase will pass.
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2010, 12:27 PM
    I think you have a mature understanding of the process you're going through.

I guess a lot of people find it hard to let go of hope but once you get past that,you've taken a giant step on the road to complete healing.

Keep going as you are,you are doing very well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 02:25 PM

Your feeling are very normal for the time you have been broken up. They will pass in time so be patient with yourself.

Now if we can just get you to stay on one thread and stop starting new ones about the same thing, you would really be a hero!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I send my adult son a birthday gift when he usually doesn't send me one? [ 13 Answers ]

My son will be 26 in March. He has always been a good kid and is usually very thoughtful. The one thing that bothers me terribly is that he doesn't send me a birthday gift or card. He always remembers to call. He also doesn't send any gift/card to his dad. Sometimes, he willl remember us on...

Can't send from OE [ 1 Answers ]

Can't sen email through outlook express said my number are in valid

What do I send with 1040X and when? [ 1 Answers ]

Last week I e-filed my 2008 tax return with HR Block with 1040EZ. I realized yesterday that I could have deducted my student loan interest (form 1098E). I used HR Block to enter that info in and got a 1040A which is what I should have done. Though I couldn't submit the changes online. Anyway I used...

Should I send something! [ 4 Answers ]

I wanted to send someone flowers to say sorry to them, Does it seem weird to send flowers to a guy.We had a silly misunderstanding which was all my fault. So what do you think.

View more questions Search