Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denniscorbett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 05:59 AM
    What will happen if a person moves out of a mobile home wihtout paying the balance. They own nothing. They will be moving into a family rental house. What consequences will happen to them. Will their wages be garnished for the remaining balance?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Mobile Home secured the laon, just like a car. If you don't pay the balance they will file for judgment against you for the balance.
    They will most likely try to attach any acoounts you may have and/or garnishment of wages.

You would be better off to try to sell the mobile home yourself to pay the balance due.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 11, 2006, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by denniscorbett
    What will happen if a person moves out of a mobile home wihtout paying the balance. They own nothing. They will be moving into a family rental house. What consequences will happen to them. Will their wages be garnished for the remaining balance?
    First, unless your post has a direct bearing on the discussion in a thread, you should start a new thread rather than piggybacking on someone else's. So I'm requesting this be moved to a new thread.

Second, with ANY secured loan, what will likely happen is the lender will reposess the property the loan was secured with. They will then attempt to sell that property. If the sale exceeds the balance due, the owner will receive that difference. However, if the sale fails to cover the balance, then the lender can pursue other alternatives to recover the balance. They will file for ajudgement and use that judgement to attact other assets (usually cash assets) including the possibility of wage garnishment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to move [ 4 Answers ]

We do not have a lease,we are month to month tenants.We want to move.we told our landlord on the 15th of may that we are moving on the 17 of June.Well he proceeded to ask me if we would stay until the end of June in stead of the middle.Well we cannot do that.He then told me that he had spent our...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

I need to move on... help [ 9 Answers ]

I have never posted anything on the website before, but for a while now I have been looking through the internet to see if anyone has shared a similar situation to myself. I found this website really helpful to read through other people problems and the sound advice that was given, I'm hoping there...

Still can't move on [ 9 Answers ]

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I split up with my ex 6 months ago. He finished the relationship, I did not want it to end. Since we have split we have remained friends and have continued to see each other often resulting in us sleeping together. He says that he doesn't want to be with me at the...

Can't move on! [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend finished with me around 2 months ago. He has a new girlfriend now but I can not seem to move on. I have not been chasing him or trying to contact him or trying to get him back or anything. Its just I cannot seem to move on. Any advice?

View more questions Search