Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YoungAndConfuse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 02:39 AM
    Stuck in between a rock and a hard place
    When I was 16 I started dating this girl who was older then me, it was a long distance relationship and we didn't get so see each other often, after 3 years of trying to make that work we split up. She ended up moving across the country and I started dating someone else. I've been dating my current girlfriend for about 1 1/2 years now and things are great but I keep having my doubts. There are a few things that we don't really see eye to eye on and I don't think we ever will. Also, shallow as it seams, she is the only woman I've slept with and I'm curious about other girls. Anyway, recently I have been thinking a lot about my ex, and found out she is moving back to my state.

What should I do? I know what would make me happiest, but it would completely crush my current girlfriend, I still care about her and its not like I'm miserable right now.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 03:00 AM
    Sounds like you shouldn't be in a relationship.

It's not fair to your current GF if you feel like this when clearly you want to be out in the big wide world sowing your wild seeds.

Do yourself a favor - the current GF will be a lot more crushed when you eventually get sick of it all and cheat on her.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 07:42 AM
    1) If you have so many doubts about your current girlfriend, you need to try to work them out. If you can't, then you shouldn't be with her. So stop dragging out the inevitable break up.

2) You're already on the rebound before you even break up. You're thinking about the next relationship before you're done with the first one.

3) Do yourself a favor and be single for a while to sort out your own issues before jumping into a new relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Just because the ex is coming back to your state, it doesn't mean you should look her up. Leave her alone, and deal with what you have now.

As for your current girlfriend, there will be many things about her that you may not understand, or like, and curiosity, and attractions to others is natural, and normal.

The trick is to be honest with yourself about how you feel, and if you want to explore, at least have the good sense to be honest with her and let her go gently as possible before you start messing around.

She may be hurt over the break up, but that can't be helped, and she sure would be a lot more hurt over your cheating, wouldn't she?

Figure yourself out, and do the right thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck between a rock and a hard place [ 14 Answers ]

I am requesting some advice on what to do about my husband. We have been married over 4 years, together for almost eight years and have 2 wonderful boys who are 2 and 5. I am 28 years old, a professional woman who works shift-work as a nurse and am the breadwinner of the family. My problem in my...

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. [ 2 Answers ]

My parents divorced when I was 5. I'm now 18, I've gone through up's and down's with my father. He's never had really anything to do with me. The only time he's come in contact with me was either because his wife at the time (he's been married 4 times) told him to, or because his parents told him...

Stuck between a rock and a hard place [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 35 year male and have been dating a women for 4 months. I am very much in love with her. We have talked about moving in with each other and going fuorward with our relationship but we haven't been able to have intercourse. The problem is that I hurt her to the point that she stops me due to...

Stuck between a rock and hard place [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Okay, this is going to sound a little strange but, I tell you it's a freak chance of luck. I had been having a rough time with my finances as of my last layoff. I have been looking for a job since November and it has been no luck yet. I went on numerous interviews and...

Stuck between a rock and a hard place [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have filed for divorce after 32 years of marriage, there have been ups and downs. I have very little family living far away, and also struggling, until about ten years ago, was still a devout Italian Roman Catholic, so divorce was not even a question, and I believe that my children aged 17...

View more questions Search