Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shifes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 06:06 AM
    How a relationship maintained for 4 year without love?
    My four year girlfriend brokeup with me suddenly. Her reason was she like me but she can't love me. How can this happen?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2009, 06:14 AM

I'm sorry to say but it happens all the time...

I doubt that she never loved you,perhaps there were some problems that just piled on and in the end she just left...

That does not ease the shock and hurt your feeling,and over the next few weeks things will emerge that may further hurt and shock you... you need a few days to gather yourself.

Tell friends and family what has happened,you need support...

You don't give any details about your relationship,that's OK,sometimes there are no details.. but you can be sure,that she did not break things up on the spur of the moment,she has thought about this for a while.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 06:15 AM
    I'm really sorry for your lose. Sometimes feelings change. It's not something you did or didn't do, it's a natural occurrence. You're just going to have to respect her feelings.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 08:04 AM

It happens all the time, when, for whatever reason, the feelings change about your partner.
    Tinkerbell2004 Posts: 49, Reputation: 17

Oct 4, 2009, 12:28 AM

Things like that do happen all the other time, as said by the others. I myself was the girl leaving my boyfriend of four years. I can honestly say that I didn't love him. He was a nice enough guy && we usually got along, but after a while of being with him, it just became a daily routine I lived with, I never really considered it going anywhere, but for the time, it was nice just having someone to turn to.

I'm guessing redhead is right, your girlfriend was probably thinking it over for a while && in her mind building up any little thing that has ever bothered her about you && made it a bigger thing in her head then it actually was. Girls tend to dwell on things longer then they let on.

This wasn't either of your faults, it happens.

Good luck!
    gurinderc Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 4, 2009, 03:31 AM

I don't have any answer but exactly same happened to me, its over 2 months and still confused what I did wrong, it was all nice and lovely but suddenly...

I try to get answer over the time from her (atleast ask the question more than few times) but told me she don't feel it to be answered and question me why I need to know?

I give up now and entered into NC, for the best of all involved.
    shifes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell2004 View Post
    Things like that do happen all the other time, as said by the others. I myself was the girl leaving my boyfriend of four years. I can honestly say that I didn't love him. He was a nice enough guy && we usually got along, but after a while of being with him, it just became a daily routine I lived with, I never really considered it going anywhere, but for the time, it was nice just having someone to turn to.

I'm guessing redhead is right, your girlfriend was probably thinking it over for a while && in her mind building up any little thing that has ever bothered her about you && made it a bigger thing in her head then it actually was. Girls tend to dwell on things longer then they let on.

This wasn't either of your faults, it happens.

Good luck!

Thanks for your comment, It helped me a lot.

I didn't mention the details in my question. We both had strong affiliatoin for our religion because of this we had decided to abstain from pre-marital sex. We were not together for about three years because of education. But we almost daily communicate through phone calls and meet in the summer and semister breaks. 10 days before we brockup we met and discussed about our marriage ceremony that we are going to do after a months. She also told me that she longs for that speclial. Lots of promises. She also accepted my gifts, I bought her clothes as usually I did. Then I returned to a city where I work. It is then when I ring her to say hi - she told me the news- "I'm thlinking to breaking up with u". When I ask her why? Replied generally "we can't be friends". Why you stayed until now? I was trying to love you but I couldn't that's why I staid. That day on I stopt callling her. I got mad. It has been about 20 days since we brockup but it is still a nightmare to me. I did not expected this from a claiming christian Girl.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 10, 2009, 07:12 AM

What!? A nice Christian girl can't change her mind? Feeling change all the time, it has nothing to do with religion.
    Tinkerbell2004 Posts: 49, Reputation: 17

Oct 11, 2009, 04:07 PM

I'm happy my comment helped.

At the time you bought her the gifts she probably wasn't sure exactly what she wanted to do so just decided to let things continue on as they always had. She probably hadn't made up her mind on anything at that point, && figured if she had refused the gifts you would have thought something was wrong && she would have to explain herself. But at that point it probably wasn't something she was able to explain, because she herself had no idea what she was going to do.

You can't dwell on the past, live in the now, && live towards the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Year relationship with a girl I love on Break! [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I am new to this site. I have a huge problem that I hope all of you can give me advice on. I am a 25 year old male. I have been dating a 23 year old girl for 2 years now. For about 18 months we never fought. Never argued. Recently my girlfriend switched her job location to 10...

We maintained hedge 31 years; now being sued for removing it when mostly dead. [ 12 Answers ]

Two years ago when we moved from a home we had occupied for 31 years, my Husband removed a hedge on the property line (mostly dead) so the people Who purchased our home could have more room to park a camper. When we Moved into the home 31 years ago, the man who sold us that house, said he had...

10 year relationship, 2 year marriage. And now he questions what true love is [ 2 Answers ]

Background (it's a long one, too): We are in our mid 20's and have known each other for 10 years. We dated exclusively through high school but without any commitment to marriage. That "in love" blissful feeling lasted for quite some time, well into our college years. He has always been a...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

View more questions Search