Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaida Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 05:24 AM
    Getting back together with my ex girlfriend
    Okay dated this beautiful girl late last but we had a huge fight and things just fell apart and we have not been talking foe the past four months and in the last three weeks we started talking and its been great for both of us but now I am not sure whether we can be together couse all the signs are there but I think we are both being coutious because of the heartach the break up had on both of us. So basically what I would like to know is how do I know for sure that she wants to have a relationship with me.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 06:47 AM

You broke up for a reason. Just leave it at that. Be friends and move on...

Don't open up old wounds.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 06:51 AM
    Well being cautious or not isn't bad. You broke up and haven't spoke for 4 months and there was a reason for that. Maybe the time did heal the wounds for both of you. But just take it one day at a time. Don't hope for it but don't rule it out. Something brought you back together. Maybe its for a good friendship and that will be just as rewarding in the end.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 07:05 AM
    History will repeat itself if you don't figure out what went wrong the first time around.

If you choose to have a relationship with her again, go slow as the others have said. If it starts to get serious again, back up the truck, and have a really good look at whether you are heading down the same road again.

Talk, talk talk. You may find yourself with familiar feelings for her, but remember that love can be deceiving.

Before you allow yourself to get involved again, start with honesty. If you can work out the issues that caused the first breakup, and know that it is in the past, you may avoid a lot of heartache again. And, your 'new' relationship will be a lot stronger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get my girlfriend back [ 8 Answers ]

All right well here it goes. Broke up with my girlfriend of almost a year to a little more then weeks ago. She said I didn't show enough emotion towards here like bring her out with my friends and public affection but she was all right with it for 10 months and she knew that wasn't my style. 1st...

I want my ex girlfriend back, and I'm willing to do anything [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a lesbian and I was dating this girl for approximately a year. I met her several years ago in a class I took and I knew from the moment I saw her that she was something special. I pursued her for about three years before actually getting the courage to let someone else know how I felt. Soon...

Should I get back together with my girlfriend? [ 6 Answers ]

Well... this feels stupid. I had been going out with this girl for about 4 months or so and I really liked her and I think she liked me a lot as well. But the thing is that we didn't seem to get any closer, we were kind of stuck in the beginning stages of a relationship. I'm a pretty outgoing...

Need help getting my ex girlfriend back [ 4 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend broke up like 2 months ago, at first I was her little pet I will admit, we just hung out and we went from sex to kisses on the cheeks, pitiful I know... but I decided to ignore her for a week, and she then started talking about she needs me in her life but she doesn't...

View more questions Search