Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goddess75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Early Term 2 year Lease Agreement >1 year left
    Last year I signed a 2 year agreement so rent wouldn't go up anymore. Had enough in savings to last the 2 years as long as I was working; however, with this economy have been out of work since November 2008... What are my rights if any in Florida being a single mom without any help to get out of the lease without having to pay for remaining time on the lease.

Thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 31, 2009, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by goddess75 View Post
    ... What are my rights if any in Florida ... to get out of the lease without having to pay for remaining time on the lease.
    No such right. But you might try to negotiate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2009, 05:57 AM

No way out, unless it is written in the lease. You may see if they will release you if you pay a couple months rent penalty. In Florida it is even worst since they are not rquired to even try and rent your unit, they can leave it empty and expect you to pay if you move.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can short term capital losses offset long term capital gains in the same tax year? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend sold some investment real property this year and had a large long term capital gain. He invested the proceeds in the market and the values are down. If he sells the investments now he will have some short term capital losses. Can he use the STCL to offset the LTCG? He also paid...

Breaking a one year lease with early termination fee - 30 days notice required? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I moved into a new apartment in Downey last May with a friend of mine. After a couple of months, I notice that my friend has been stealing from me. I asked her to move out and now I have to break my lease for safety reasons. I signed a one year lease (my friend luckily is just an occupant)...

Tenant left before the one year lease agreement [ 2 Answers ]

Tenants left before the one year lease agreement and just move out. Do I get possession of the property asap. They did not give me the keys and remotes.

View more questions Search