Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -istilah- Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 02:41 AM
    My boyfriend has become a jerk.
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for over 2 years, it's a long-distance relationship. We both are 18 years old. The start was cold but after 3-4 months we both got serious with each other, he used to be the BEST lover I have ever seen. He'd be there whenever I cried, he'd comfort me, send me ecards, emails, sweet messages, text me that he misses me out of nowhere, he used to called me 4-5 times everyday. He would go crazy if I was ever mad at him, he even slitted his arm for me once when I wasn't believing he loved me. He used to love a girl older than him before me, but when he got me, he stopped loving her. He cut all contacts with her for me over a year ago. He proved he loved me in every way, he went crazy when I left him for a few days, he sent me mad emails, ecards, and begged me to take him back and that he would die without me. He told his family about me and I told my family because he wanted to marry me. I accept my fault that I argued a lot with him in the past and he got fed up with me, but eventually I stopped. I only argued because I knew he'd never leave me, but I was wrong. After October 2008, he just TOTALLY changed! I can't believe what he has become, he would laugh when I cry (sarcastically), he told me on my face that he doesn't care, etc etc. and Finally in December, he told me he wants a break from me, I ended up agreeing with him. But the very next day he emailed me saying, he was just stressed and upset how I argued over littlest thing with him he still loves me and wants to get back. I didn't take him back because I wanted him to realize that I'm also a human being and it hurts, he made me cry constantly. He promised he'd never leave me or make me cry again, we got back. But after that, I don't know how to say, He has just turned into a freaky jerk. He tells me he hates me, he gets mad if I ask ''are you busy?'', he curse at me, he is always in a bad mood when I talk to him otherwise he is happy. He even left me back and fourth in past 2 weeks but I love him a lot I can't live without him, he only comes to me when he wants to see me shirtless, otherwise he doesn't talk to me, all he says is ''ok'' or ''good''. He hasn't called me in 3 months, and when I call him, he ignore my calls and answer when he is in a mood. I really don't want to let go because I love him a lot, spent a great amount of time with him, I want him to change and be nice to me. My friends tell me to leave him for a timebeing so he realizes that he wronged me dearly, but I don't know... I just love him a lot... we just talked and he abused me just because I didn't understand what he said, he said I'm stupid and he can't stand me, he is getting sick of me. Just because of not understanding a question? He has become the biggest hypocrite ever! He is becoming worse and worse day by day... what should I do? I don't want to leave him, is there anything that can change him or at least improve his behaviour? Please guys I need help!
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

May 11, 2009, 04:02 AM

If he can change, he has to change on his own. You staying in this unhealthy relationship will get you and him nowhere.

This is where you need to leave him alone. I know you think you can't live without him, but you can and you will. Nothing good can come from what you said about this guy. Stop trying to contact him and if he tries to contact you, ignore it. You need some breathing room and it seems he needs that as well. It's for the best.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 05:15 AM

For whatever reason you two have grown apart, he has changed just as you have changed. Now it's time to go out into life with a new perspective, personally I wouldn't let someone talk to me with such haste as he does to you. I have a lot more self respect for myself than that
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 11, 2009, 09:48 AM

He even slitted his arm for me once when I wasn't believing he loved me.
    Sorry, I stopped reading right there, as this doesn't show love, nor is it healthy, and for whatever reasons you think he has changed, he hasn't. He has a dark side you need to pay attention to and leave him alone.

Sorry for your loss, but you better start to love yourself as much as you loved him. He is gone.
    -istilah- Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 07:31 PM
    This is getting me really sad. I called him today, he sounded so happy and right after 5 minutes we talked online, he become a jerk to me. I don't know what's his problem, maybe I should leave him but this will only hurt me, never him... will he realize if I stop talking? He doesn't really talk to me on his own though.
    Survivor07 Posts: 380, Reputation: 143

May 12, 2009, 06:21 AM

He slit his arm for you? And you thought that was a sign of love?

It's a sign there is something wrong with him... a bleeding red flag. Yuck.

You need to stop worrying about why he's suddenly a jerk (probably always was, you're just seeing the real him now) and forget about him and move on.

Work on yourself, get to know yourself and figure out why you've been accepting this kind of behavior as "love" because it isn't.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2009, 06:54 AM
    This is about him, not you, and your inability to see that is keeping you stuck, because HE has a problem, your problem is you don't understand it. Leave him alone, or keep being abused.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jerk kid. [ 6 Answers ]

So there's this kid at our school that is a big jerk. He makes fun of everyone and stuff. But for some reason EVERYONE hangs out with him! He goes on making fun of people and they just follow him around like zombies.. He talks behind peoples backs and never says it to there face. I'm basically the...

Prgnant with a jerk`s kid. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... I`m 16 years old and I am 5 and a half months pregnant... the father of my baby is being an... he has cheated on my about 5 times in 2 years and when I broke up with him he drove three hours just to come crying back to me and I took him back.. this time when he did it I told him that I wanted...

Am I a jerk or is she the jerk? [ 11 Answers ]

Help! My daughter is 19 years old. She just came home from her first year of college and we have learned that she failed most of her classes. After her first semester, she was struggling and my husband and I sat her down and calmly discussed options for her. She promised that she would do well......

Help! My landlord is a jerk! [ 4 Answers ]

My lease doesn't have a early termination clause, but I would like to break it. What are my options (in the state of Va)? I want to know them before I attempt to talk to him because he is impossible! He is a horrible landlord. There is a complete language barrier, therefore communicating and...

View more questions Search