Looking for help to understand about Rapture -
    a) What is Rapture?
    b) Why is its signifance?
    c) When is it expected to happen?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 11:27 AM

A. The Rapture is when Jesus comes and takes the believers from the earth
    The Bible says it happens at the seventh trumpet.
    B. The significance is the anti christ will be revealed at that time and life will be unbearable for the most part.
    C. I believe it will happen within the next 5 to 12 yrs or at least in my life time.
    People say you can not know when but the Bible says you can know the time and the season but not the day or the hour.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 11:36 AM

Hey no help Just wondering why do you think the Rapture will happen in the next 5-12 years?
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 11:54 AM

Because everything the Bible says about end times is lining up. I believe we are already somewhere within one of the trumpets before the seventh trumpet
    We are going into the global New World Order
    The RFID chips are suppose to be mandatory to be implanted in us
    Obama wants the smart grid stuff to happen asap

Increase of technology, Daniel 12:4 (NKJV) “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

1947 Israel became a nation and the fig tree rebloomed. The Bible says that tribulation is within a few generations of this time.

The Reunification of Europe; Daniel saw a revived Roman Empire (Reunification of Europe). Daniel 7:23-25 (NKJV) 23 “Thus he said: The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, Trample it and break it in pieces. 24 The ten horns are ten kings Who shall arise from this kingdom. And another shall rise after them; He shall be different from the first ones And shall subdue three kings. 25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute[a] the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand for a time and times and half a time."
    Source: European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) May 1st, 2004 an historic moment in the Reunification of Europe. The date of May 1st, 2004 constitutes an historic moment in European Integration. It signifies much more than an enlargement of the European Union from 15 to 25 countries with 455 million inhabitants. It is in fact a real reunification of Europe which the Second World War had left divided against the will of its citizens.
    Revelation-Signs-End-Times-Last-Days

The end times people will be lovers of self and be like the days of Sodom and Gomorah.

Revelation 13:16-17 (NKJV) "He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[a] the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

These are just some of the many things that are happening that the Bible says will happen when the tribulation is about to happen.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 12:32 PM

I like to see them try and get a RFID chip in me. Good point about the EU.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

May 4, 2009, 01:17 PM

Never mind, after I ask my question, I saw that someone else ask the same question. How many times have we been warned that the end was coming soon?
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

May 4, 2009, 06:33 PM

Thanks No Help..!

Today I saw John Hagee with Glenn Beck on Youtube and he also said the same things which Joel Rosenberg said in his interview with Glenn Beck. Hagee has given 20 years time.

Even though we have been warned about the end times coming soon for generations, but this time is different. Rebirth of Isreal happened after 2000 years, "every eye will see" can happen now, explosion of information is happening now. What was prophecised two-three thousands years ago, is happening now.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 09:37 PM
    I do not believe that the return of Jesus will be VERY soon because the Third Temple of Yahweh has not yet been built and it must be for Christ to remove the anti-Christ from the throne therein.
    The Temple Mount is now in control by the Muslims and they are not about to release it enough for the Jews to build the temple thereon.
    It could happen 20 years from now but I'm guessing more like 100 to 150 years or more.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

May 5, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Thanks for the post Fred.

About the Third Temple, nobody knows when would it happen, yet the situation in Middle East is pretty volatile. Some crazy dude can set the fire on, we don't know. It may happen today or in 200 hundred years. Only God knows.

I haven't finished preparing myself to see HIM, so I wish HE doesn't come so early. However, I never forget that what is in for me in the next minute, only HE knows.
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Never mind, after I ask my question, I saw that someone else ask the same question. How many times have we been warned that the end was coming soon?
    Warnings and seeing the signs all lining up are two different things.
    The ''warnings'' of the past didn't line up with Revelations AND many of the things that had to go along with it hadn't happened yet. NOW everything is in place.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Triund,
    True.
    Everything is not yet in place for the second coming of Christs to happen, but it could start tomorrow.
    If so the building of the third temple will take years to be accomplished IF it is build as the bible directs God's Temple to be built, cedars from Lebanon, no iron tolls to be used, etc.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 05:18 AM

So building the temple is all that's left.
    How many years would that take and does it have to be completely built before the anti christ is revealed?

I can see it being built any year now. But I still believe the anti christ will be revealed somewhere between 2015 and 2022.

I have to check into the temple being built more.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 06:35 AM

Well, I don't understand why anyone thinks the temple has to take YEARS to build. Who says it has to look like the temple that solomon had built? It can be done... if a nation can be formed in a day... ( Israel May 14, l1948) are you actually telling me a temple can't be built in record time? Please. From what I have read, the orthodox Jews have been gathering supplies for YEARS. Is anything too hard for the LORD?

No ONE knows the day or hour.. but we can know the times. ( Jesus said so) And while it is true that many have proclaimed the end times for a LONG time... the turning point is when Israel became a nation. Because isn't NUTTIN happening without her... we ARE close... even at the DOOR.

Incidentally, the temple will NOT be here as long as the church is here. The rapture can take place at any time. ( I know many don't believe in the rapture... thats too bad, its still coming and I'm still going... that was for all the JOHN HAGEE fans out there... lol ;))
    consultseun2905 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

May 6, 2009, 06:45 AM

First, you should understand that the rapture is already happening. People are dying day by day and getting judged.
    The significance therefore is to give people who have not lived their life according to God's will another chance so as to be perfect as their Father in heaven is perfect and to reward those faithful servants in light with the glory of paradise.
    It is happening already
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 06:49 AM

Consult,

NO. The rapure is NOT already happening... it is appointed unto man ONCE to die and after that the judgement. People are DYING... they are not being raputure. (also note it doesn't say it is appointed ALL men once to die... Enoch didn't and neither did Elijah... )

Paul explains it like this... we who are ALIVE and REMAIN will meet the Lord in the air. ALIVE is the KEY word.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

May 6, 2009, 07:16 AM

This temple to be built. What's that all about? Will contractors bid for the project. Will architects come up with plans? Will engineers sign off on it's structural integrity? Bathrooms? A sanctuary? Who is paying for this structure? Parking available? Who will own this building? Electricity, ac and heat? What are we going to be doing in there? Does Jesus have an office? Living in reality , means that my brain is always geared toward concrete logistics. What is the point of this building?
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 08:12 AM

Cozyk,

Hmmm. IT WILL BE BUILT. Will contractors bid? Don't know but I doubt it... I won't be here when it all plays out but remember... Jesus will NOT be the first one that sits in it proclaiming he is GOD. The Antichrist will do that... and it won't go over real big with the Son of the Living God.

The point of the temple? The Jews want to sacrifice and worship God. There was only ONE place that could be done in the OT... it was the temple. I do not believe this will occur until after the rapture of the church but it WILL happen and the Jews will start sacrifices once again.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 6, 2009, 08:49 AM

Every generation from the time of the resurection thought they were living in the last days. It really doesn't matter when its going to happen, what does matter is your relationship with God. Whatever we think about the end times is not going to effect when or how. The closer we get to the Lord, the less the things of this world hold an interest for us. What kind of clinched it for me was when I was a new believer, I was given a book about the end times and it showed how everything had fallen into place and the return couldn't be more than 5-10 years away. I got so excited because the book made so much sense and the author seemed so sincere, loving, and caring in warning us. Then I looked at the copyright date for this marvelous end times book... 1928!
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    Every generation from the time of the resurection thought they were living in the last days. It really doesn't matter when its going to happen, what does matter is your relationship with God. Whatever we think about the end times is not going to effect when or how. The closer we get to the Lord, the less the things of this world hold an interest for us. What kind of clinched it for me was when I was a new believer, I was given a book about the end times and it showed how everything had fallen into place and the return couldn't be more than 5-10 years away. I got so excited because the book made so much sense and the author seemed so sincere, loving, and caring in warning us. Then I looked at the copywrite date for this marvelous end times book...1928!!
    Home,

Actually it DOES matter! If it didn't the Lord wouldn't have told us about it. In 1928 Israel wasn't even a nation... 20 years later it was! Also I might add that we are told to look for his coming, so what is wrong with that? We are very close and I do believe the key to end times is ISRAEL. I said it before and I will say it again we can't be in the last days without her.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 6, 2009, 09:24 AM

I meant that we should be living our life walking in the spirit everyday as if today might be the day. It was the wicked and lazy servants who thought, "the master isn't coming back for a long time so let's live it up!"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Understanding Her [ 7 Answers ]

I met a girl via online dating. We chatted and texted and spoke a lot for acouple of weeks then we decided to meet. We met for lunch and ended up spending the afternoon and evening together, walking around and chatting. Everything went really well. About a week later she came to my house for...

LaHayes rapture? Or, ruptured scriptural exegesis? [ 77 Answers ]

The Tim LaHay's celebrated Left Behind series follow the essence of John Darby's theological beliefs of multiple 2nd comings of Christ. Theories in this vein require 3 to 5returns of Christ. Where in scripture does it talk about the 3rd or 4th “Second coming of Christ”? Of course there are also...

Rapture, Pre,Post, or does it matter? [ 118 Answers ]

Rapture, a word coined many years after Jesus spoke about his return. This we all seem to agree on. So the question of the day, Do you believe in Pre-tribulation Rapture, Post tribulation rapture Or does it really matter to you when God chooses to send Jesus for his church?

The rapture of the church. [ 131 Answers ]

Have any of you heard the news clip about the blood moons and lunar eclipses in 2015 marking the second coming of Christ, meaning the rapture would have to take place THIS year, THIS month, most probably on Rosh Hashana (feast of the trumpets) My sister in law and her husband, a minister, are...

View more questions Search