Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Mar 10, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Having a hard time finding a nice stair runner.
    I've finally figured out how I will refinish the staircase leading to my house's second floor. I've decided to paint the treads AND risers white... then I'll purchase a runner. My problem... I can't find a store that sells the type of runner I want.

I'm looking for a thin, plain runner with only 2-3 colors in it. A border would be fine also. However, so many of the runners are very busy looking, gaudy, and seem like they belong in my grandmother's house. (Nothing personal if you like this style :) ) Also, I do not want to use regular carpet as a runner because I think it looks too poofy.

Here are some pics of what I'm looking for. If you know of any stores or websites where I can go to buy a runner like these, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Logan
    Attached Images

creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 05:29 AM

Hi logan176
    The third picture in your post (lower left) is a loop pile carpet and should be no problem finding. The best place to buy the other type of runner would be a carpet store. They would have to be ordered and take about 6 weeks to get. Don't know were u are located. The large box stores usually don't carry the type u are looking for.

Good luck
    Chuck
    logan176 Posts: 341, Reputation: 6

Mar 13, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Chuck,

I'm close to Poughkeepsie and Newburgh, NY. It's about 1 hour north of NYC.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 11:58 PM

Hi Logan
    I am near Brewster. Try Cut Rite Carpet in Scarsdale # 914-725-9099 Ask for Ron

The address is 825 Post Rd. Scarsdale,NY
    He should be able to help u

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Finding it so hard. [ 46 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me recently. She said she had been feeling differently about me for a while now, maybe 8 months or so. She said she fell out of love with me, and it seemed to me she was just waiting for me to do something wrong so she could end it with me. That day came...

I'm finding this so hard! [ 12 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend came back to college yesterday aftera 4 week break, and after 4 weeks of us going no contact. She text me last night saying she understands the whole no contact thing but wants to say she's pleased for all the good things career wise that are going for me. She then added 'things...

View more questions Search