Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Techer1287 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Could I be pregnant? I'm really nervous I'm only 19.
    I'm really nervous
    Okay so I just turned 19 and I started to have sex with my boyfriend 4 months ago. We have never had unprotected sex, we have always used condoms and been really careful. But for a couple of weeks now I have been dizzy, and have been nauseous. I thought I had a stomach flu but I haven't had my period since we started having sex. Also, I told my boyfriend about my missed periods. So he bought me a pregnancy test but it came out negative. Is it normal if you just started having sex to not have your period? Also could it be stress? I stop having my periods when I started this new semester in college. I'm really nervous and think I am going to buy another pregnancy test. Can anyone give me advice?

Thank you!!
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Nov 24, 2008, 10:08 PM

So you're saying you haven't had your period in 4 months?
    Techer1287 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 10:12 PM

Yes around the same time we started having sex. I haven't had the most regular periods but they usually came every 30-45 days. We have always been safe though.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Nov 24, 2008, 10:15 PM

As you may already know condoms are not 100% effective. Actually no birth control method is 100% effective except for abstinence. It's very possible you could be pregnant. Many women get false negatives. It is also very possible that it is stress. I am currently going through a 2 month long period caused from stress. If I were you I would take another pregnancy test. If it comes back negative I would go to the doc and see what he/she has to say. And, from now on, use double protection. Get yourself on birth control and have him use a condom. You'll feel better, I promise.
    kariikarii Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 06:49 AM

I know the scare I am only 20 and but I know that I am pregnant I'm almost 7 months. I had sex with the father one time and I got pregnant it only takes one time. You have to be careful. You can have a negative pregnancy test for the first couple months, you should go to the doctor and get a blood test to check your hormone levels its more accurate. No matter what just have faith and keep your head up, be strong.
    lil-mama08 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:08 AM

I know it can be scarey I'm just like kariikarii.. I'm 20 and I'm 6 and a half months pregnant. I'll be 21 when I have my baby. But if you used condoms and have been careful your fine! And if you haven't had your period when you should have started months ago or even weeks ago.. you should get it checked out. But It is normal to start having irregular periods after you start having sex. I'm not saying its this way for everyone but it does happen. Just trying not to worry about it cause your going to stress yourself out way too much and cause yourself to be sick. I would go get it checked out hun. But no worries your not pregnant by the sounds out it kk! Hope I helped abit!lol
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lil-mama08 View Post
    I know it can be scarey I'm just like kariikarii.. I'm 20 and I'm 6 and a half months preg. I'll be 21 when i have my baby. But if you used condoms and have been careful your fine! And if you havent had your period when you should of started months ago or even weeks ago.. you should get it checked out. But It is normal to start having irregular periods after you start having sex. I'm not saying its this way for everyone but it does happen. Just trying not to worry about it cause your going to stress your self out way to much and cause yourself to be sick. I would go get it checked out hun. But no worries your not preg by the sounds out it kk! hope i helped abit!lol
    It's very possible that she is pregnant. Condoms aren't 100% effective, especially if not used correctly.

I understand the pregnancy test was negative. Was it taken using first morning urine? This is important as this is when the pregnancy hormone called hCG as at the highest concentration.

Stress can also delay periods. But 4 months? You need to take another pregnancy test, and if this one is negative, please make a doctor's appointment for a blood test.
    anxious_RN Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 10:15 AM

While it is very possible that you are pregnant, I am going to give you my personal experience.

You said you just started college - I had my peroids like clockwork for four years before college, then one semester I was very very stressed out and suddenly was 74 days late for my period. I remember that time very well, I was so nervous, too young to be pregnant, but turns out it was probably just stress. Stressing out over it will not help it come any faster so just relax. If the HPT was negative, maybe you should go get bloodwork done. If that's still negative I'm sure its just stress. Good luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I really be pregnant? Nervous wreck! Yikes! [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been sexually active since December now. My hormones have always been weird, I had percosious (sp?) puberty as a kid. My periods were so severe that I had to go on birth control, in both the quantity and pain. I now take some weird birth control that's expensive, and usually...

6 weeks pregnant and nervous. [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out that I am pregnant (the doctor quessed that I am 5 or 6 weeks) which is quite a shock beacause about 6 weeks ago I was diagnosed with insulin resistant polycycstic ovarian syndrome - basically that means that my ovaries were not functioning properly... I am so excited to be...

Being nervous! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile but wanted to get some advice from all the good people on here. Anyway, I had a quick question. For some reason every time I talk to my ex girlfriend I get really nervous and have to struggle just to talk normal. Most of the time I can cut up and be goofy but it...

Nervous [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to tell if you come in a girl. Can you or her feel it. Just need to know to set my mind at rest so I don't freak. Thanks

View more questions Search