Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pandadoll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 10:44 PM
    How do I get my boyfriend to show his Emotions and be sensitive
    How do I get my boyfriend to show his Emotions and be sensitive
    MichaelHarrisII Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 10:54 PM

Individual emotions are choices that an a person has to opt to do. You may be the kindest most sweetest person in the world. That still just does not make anybody else like you. I hope the best for you.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 11:38 PM

You can't really force someone to be more emotional than they are comfortable being. You can only tell him that you are there for him to talk about anything, and a shoulder to cry on, literally or not. You can always try to bring it out of him with sappy movies, sad stories, bringing up struggles or hardships in his life, and maybe wine...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 08:46 AM

He has to be comfortable, willing, and able, to make that decision himself. You can't make someone do what is not in their nature, but you CAN communicate your feelings to him, and see if he reacts positively to it.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 08:54 AM

How long have your been dating? As Tal stated maybe he isn't comfortable yet or maybe he don't know how.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 09:19 AM

"I really like this guy, I don't know why, but I really do. He is awesome and I love him to death. I just wish he acted differently and had a better personality and shared his emotions and I wish he was more sensitive. But I really like him...except I wish he was different."

You know, you AREN'T dating a guy to make a list of things he needs to change, then figure out how to change him. You date a guy to see WHO HE IS and if that's the kind of person you can be happy with for 60 years.

How about you express your emotions and see if he at least will sit still for that? At least that's something. And by express your emotions, I don't mean "complain to him about his personality."
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Oct 11, 2008, 09:54 AM

People can't just change the way their mind works. Have you heard of extroverts and introverts. People deal with things differently and can't help if they are unable to express things or if they do things differently. p.s had to giggle when reading the posts as my partner is called michael harris and has the same thing of not being able to express emotions. Had to re read the first answer to be sure it wasn't him on here lol
    pandadoll Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 02:56 PM

We have been dating for 4 years now. He has never been able to let things out. He has only opened up to me about his family problems nothing between us. I just wish there was a way to get him to talk to me and show me that he still cares about me. I mean yes he tells me that he loves me but I just feel like there's no passion in it. When I try to get him to open up he just gets defensive and starts saying that every thing is his fault and he can't do anything right
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pandadoll View Post
    We have been dating for 4 years now. He has never been able to let things out. He has only opened up to me about his family problems nothing between us. I just wish there was a way to get him to talk to me and show me that he still cares about me. I mean yes he tells me that he loves me but I just feel like there’s no passion in it. When I try to get him to open up he just gets defensive and starts saying that every thing is his fault and he can’t do anything right
    I certainly hope you pay attention to your own words. Let me rephrase what I hear you say above:

"He has always been an introvert, I have always known this and he has remained consistent. Still, to appease myself, I'm pressuring him to be different and it's backfiring. Instead of getting the result I want, it's diminishing his opinion of himself."

So, even though he's done nothing wrong, you keep this up and he will be convinced he has. You can have this great guy who's been with you for 4 years, or you can mess it up with this stuff.

Just be you. Let him be him. Why is that so hard?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 07:52 PM

Have you ever thought he is communicating in the way he knows how, but, for whatever reason, your not listening to him??????

Not all communications is verbal, or in the kings English, you know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend doesn't show emotions? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am new here :) My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2.5 years. I love him a lot. He tells me he loves me but he isn't very affectionate.. like he doesn't like to hold hands or kiss me very often unless I initiate it. The problem is I over analyze everything he says or does. He never says...

So much emotions [ 7 Answers ]

Sometimes I feel toward some person love and suddenly I hate them, and then love them and at the time I don't like them I just pick a fight with them or just criticize them for remembering little things they did or I just picked up in it and I did not like it at the time but did not affect me that...

How can I show my ex-boyfriend I want him back? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I show my ex-boyfriend I want him back? What should I do, should I tell him or should I flirt with him, or talk to him and spend more time with him? I'm not sure! What can I do to get him back? Please help

No emotions [ 6 Answers ]

I really think I'm going crazy or I'm just not normal I have a child of 7 yrs and I have no feelings for them at all not like some mothers do I've been like this since they were born I've tried but everything they do grates me

Since I have been pregnant my boyfriend doesn't show me attention [ 7 Answers ]

Hi am 22years old and have been with my boyfriend for almost two years,in the beginning the relationship was good we had sex everyday we talked with no arguments, everything was good, but now that I am pregnant he does't give me attention at all he doesn't spend any time with me he spends more...

View more questions Search