Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    killy11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 10:54 PM
    How do I stop being jealous? Is this being jealous?
    My girlfriend sent messages to guys do I have the right to be jealous? And when I ask her she make it out of fight saying I do not trust her.
    What is it?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 11:05 PM

Yes it is!

What messages she sends to guys? "Does she say, I want to do you, dude?"

If you keep on being jealous, you will piss her more. She will stay with you if she wants you. She will cheat if she wants to so stop this accusations because it only kills fun. Intead you flirting, laughing and maybe having sex, you are fighting over this "messages".

Where to focus? On what to make her happy and what you can offer why she do not need any other man. If she's contented and happy with you, there's no expensive car, house or hunky man can ever take her away from you.

Be comfortable on your own skin. If you know how to appreaciate your own gift from above and capabilities, there's no way you'll be insecure and be jealous. We're born all equal. No person in this world is perfect and it's just a matter of utilizing and improving what you have.

Take it from a woman. Good Luck
    kminni01 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Sep 26, 2008, 11:57 PM

Jealousy should never be part of any relationship. It does put a damper on trust, as in you questioning whether your partner is being faithful. I think you are just being jealous, but try and get the jealousy out of your mind. You should be able to trust your girlfriend. Just talk to her about it. I hope everything works out for you!

<3 kt
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 27, 2008, 01:15 AM

Jealousy is natural. We all feel it. But it's what you DO with that jealousy that's the kicker.

Jealousy is a personal problem. Even when you acknowledge you're jealous, you DON'T put it on the other person to change THEIR behavior, keep it on yourself.

WRONG: "You're texting other guys and now I don't trust you."
    RIGHT: "I know you text other guys, and it makes me jealous. I'm working on not being jealous, I appreciate whatever help you can give me. Be patient with me, OK?"

ylaira is right, your girl either has the ability to cheat or she doesn't. Jealousy aimed at her won't STOP it, but it COULD push her away unnecessarily. Keep it calm.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2008, 08:43 AM

Jealousy is everywhere in life, you can't control that.

What you can control how you handle it, simple texting to other guys isn't a big deal. I used to be just like you and probably even worse. If she isn't hiding that she's texting him or not hiding that she has a boyfriend then there isn't a problem.

You will NEVER be able to stop her from cheating, no matter how many restrictions you put on her. If she wants to stray, she's going to. Brush this off your shoulders, lifes way too short to worry about little things like this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I jealous [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in a relationship for a year. Over the course of time me and my girlfriend have drifted. We hang out very less. She prefers hanging out with others more than me. We rarely get some time alone. I ask her out for dinner or something many times but she always makes some excuse. And...

Jealous dog or old age [ 1 Answers ]

My 10yr old border collie has taken to wetting on my sons bed, even thou we are in he doesn't ask to go out. This has happened 3 times, could he be jealous of the kitten we brought into the house 8 months ago, or could it be a medical problem? He only ever does this on my sons bed never anywhere...

Can someone stop acting jealous? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all , Recently I started seeing a new girl and it turn out I really like her a lot... I started to see she is the jealous type she actually admitted it that she can be very jealous... I guess my question is can a relationship work when there's 1 very jealous person?? Can someone who's...

Jealous Dog [ 1 Answers ]

We recently added a 9week old Airedale terrier to the family. My 4 year old beagle is having a very rough time with this transition. He’s always been very close to my boyfriend and I and we knew this would be tough for him. We did a lot of research and are trying to do everything we can to...

Am I too jealous? [ 12 Answers ]

I need some advice on this one. My boyfriend and I have been going out for over a year now. I don't know if I'm too sensitive, but every time we go out he seems too stare at other girls. When I confronted him about it, he says that he likes too look at people and the way they do things and that its...

View more questions Search