Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shawna89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Child visitation
    I got pregnant with my daughter 2006. Her biological father has never been around except for maybe 2 months. I now live in Georgia and found somebody who is a loving father to my daughter. Im afraid he is going to come out of the blue and demand to see my daughter. He is not on the birth certificate and has not been a real father. Is he able to demand visitation?
    amanda-kym Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Sep 25, 2008, 03:35 AM

If it can be proved that he is the dad than I'm sorry but he has rights. He may need to do a dna test. I know its horrible to worry like that as I have been through the same thing. My daughters dad was violent and we left but he still has rights to see her. Is there any particular reason that you don't want him around
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2008, 10:18 AM

In Georgia, he can file with the court to prove he is the father though DNA, and ask the court for visitation rights.

Unless he has a reason he would be a danger to the child, it will be granted normally

Now if the new husband wants to adopt you can see if the bio father will sign his rights over to allow for the adoption.

** why have you not went to court to get the child support your child is due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child visitation [ 2 Answers ]

What rights do fathers have to see their children when the mother is claiming they are to young to be without them and father got a paternity test within a week of baby being born and now is being denied the right to visit with his son without the mother being right there?

Child visitation [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I separated and we are trying to arrange visitation with my two boys. I agreed to having them three times a week for six hours a day for the next two months. I told her that I'm going to want them more in the future. Am I setting a bad precedent? I don't have my new place set up for...

Child visitation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question for my son. He is separated from his wife. They have two children. He pays child support through regular deductions from his pay. She filed for the child support, and the children live with her. They do not have anything legal for visitation, or separation. He pays out...

Child visitation [ 1 Answers ]

My ex moved out of state and will not give me my daughters physical address. She did send her p.o.box number. Does she have to let me know where my daughter physically lives. The divorce papers state that I am to pick her up at her home.

View more questions Search