Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Sep 19, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Im trying the No Contact thing.Its been sooo hard for me!
    I broke up with my girlfriend a week and a half ago. Just to give you a little background we was together for 7months and we were in love and having loads of fun. She went off to school. I noticed small changes like a week or two before she went off but I took them lightly and brushed them off.

When she went off to school (which is only 35min away) she stopped tellin me she loved me. Acting really funny with me. Stopped all affection (she was always showing affection). Stopped calling and texting as much. Never invited me to come to see her, and when I asked to come see her there always some excuse. I would tell her I miss her, and she wouldn't say it back. She would say "oh ok"...And the only explanation that I got was that she wasn't as excited as she was earlier in the relationship, and everytime that I would ask her "Why she felt that way, she would say" ; "I DONT KNOW". But she did say that some of her family told her that we wasn't goin to work, but that didnt add up right when I talked to her family. Even to this day all she would tell me is "I DONT KNOW". Thats why I broke up with her, bc of the "I DONT KNOW" (even doe I think she really does know) and she acting really funny on the phone, and in person. And just that bad intuition, that "BAD FEELING" you know?

Well its been going on two weeks now. I've honestly been trying the NO CONTACT thing but that has been so hard for me to do bc I care and love her sooo much, and what happens to us, and what happens to her. Well I would do really good for about 3 or 4 days but then weaken up always hit her back up. Why is that? I even went on myspace today to check my messages and her mood said "STALKED". Maybe I been hitting her up too much or something. She said that she "knew that I wasnt goin to wait til she hit me up on her own" so Im so confused. But I have a gut feeling that she will NEVER hit me up again. And that is what makes me hit her up after close to 4 or 5 days of NO CONTACT.

But when I saw that her mood on myspace today was "STALKED" that hurt and upset me. I am not stalking her. All I have honestly done was hit her up a few times in between a span of 3 and 4 days of NO CONTACT! What should I do???
    cantbelieveit Posts: 72, Reputation: 3

Sep 19, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Guy23
    I broke up with my girlfriend a week and a half ago. Just to give you a little background we was together for 7months and we were in love and having loads of fun. She went off to school. I noticed small changes like a week or two before she went off but I took them lightly and brushed them off.

When she went off to school (which is only 35min away) she stoped tellin me she loved me. Stopped all affection. Stopped calling and texting as much. Never invited me to come to see her, and when I asked to come see her there always some excuse. I would tell her I miss her, and she wouldn't say it back. She would say "oh ok"...And the only explanation that I got was that she wasn't as excited as she was earlier in the relationship, and everytime that I would ask her "Why she felt that way, she would say" ; "I DONT KNOW". Even to this day all she would tell me is "I DONT KNOW". Thats why I broke up with her, bc of the "I DONT KNOW" (even doe I think she really does know) and she acting really funny on the phone, and in person. And just that bad intuition, that "BAD FEELING" you know?

Well its been going on two weeks now. I've honestly been trying the NO CONTACT thing but that has been so hard for me to do bc I care and love her sooo much, and what happens to us, and what happens to her. Well I would do really good for about 3 or 4 days but then always hit her back up. Why is that? I even went on myspace to check my messages and her mood said "STALKED". Maybe I been her up too much or something. She said that she "knew that I wasnt goin to wait til she hit me up on her own" so Im so confused. But I have a gut feeling that she will NEVER hit me up. And is what makes me hit me up.

But when I saw that her mood on myspace today was "STALKED" that hurt and upset me. I am not stalking her. All I have honestly done was hit her up a few times in between a span of 3 and 4 days of NO CONTACT! What should I do???
    Do not check her online stuff. Believe me I know it is hard but that is kind of like still having some kind of contact with her. I was doing the same thing thinking if I just look at the online stuff and not contact him it would be OK. Well so far it isn't making things better for me, when I'd find something out it just made me feel bad. By you looking it makes you hurt and upset so I think we're in the same boat. Try to not do it for a whole day and see if you can do it. For me something about the online stuff would trigger me to make contact with him. I know what you mean too by feeling like they will not contact you at all if you don't contact them but if that's the case then aren't we better off?

Sep 19, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Yea, no matter how hard it is to say that but yea. What you think about the "Stalked" thing?

Sep 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Yea, no matter how hard it is to say that but yea. What you think about the "Stalked" thing?
    If I were you I would just disregard it and not take it personally. What if it wasn't meant for you and if it was who cares. Do you think you can stop checking her online stuff? Do you want to? I think YOU have to not want to feel the hurt. That's the only thing stopping me. I found out my ex cheated on me by his email and that alone should have taught me that not knowing EVERYTHING is better for you sometimes. Just take a break from it and see how you feel.

Sep 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
    I know I don't need to look at it. Im always to tempted to. You are right it probably wasn't pointed to me but like you said "who cares" if it was. I will try that.

Sep 19, 2008, 02:45 PM
    I know I dont need to look at it. Im always to tempted to. You are right it prolly wasnt pointed to me but like you said "who cares" if it was. I will try that.
    That's all we can do right? Try to do our best to not care what the other one thinks because they have already shown us they don't care about us by their actions (or lack of) towards us. Fight the temptation as long as you can and when you don't know what's going on you can be without the hurt and getting upset. That will feel so much better. I'm on day 1. Let me know when your day 1 begins:)
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Sep 19, 2008, 02:53 PM
    NC will/could be the hardest thing you might ever have to do in life. Many of us (myself included) on this site are struggling every day with it. Your emotions will run over you every few days. It those days that you control it and don't give in that make you stronger person, and that much closer to recovery.
    snowalps Posts: 141, Reputation: 7

Sep 19, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Yeah.. its the hardest thing to do and it takes the life out of you.. be strong in this phase... you got to be. Wish you all luck!

Sep 19, 2008, 02:56 PM
    I hear you man. Its been tough
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Sep 19, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Hang in there, bro. Whenever you feel the need to contact her, just come here and post about it. This place has been nothing short of a god send to me. They have talked me down from contact at least 4 times now. We are all here for each other. Just know you aren't the only one going through it, and are certainly not alone.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 03:46 PM
    It is a real hard thing to do just delete everything about her go cold turkey its soooo hard but remember the sharpest blade has to go threw the hottest flame.

It may sound corny but its so true the more harder something is the more rewarding it will become.

This is a real good test for yourself to see how strong you are do not let yourself down and look weak in the eyes of others
    Show some pride and self worth and don't act like your life is over just because she has left you, trust me it has only just begun

All the best
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 22, 2008, 05:21 AM

Every time you feel the need to contact her in any way, go to the No Contact Calender.

You relly do need to leave her absolutely alone!!
    vaboy112 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2008, 12:44 PM

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Yesterday was the official day me and my ex were supposed to stop talking but for some reason she texted me and called me a couple times. But today she hasn't its been hard but I think I can do it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can people fall in love so hard then all of a sudden lose that and change? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a relationship for 7 months with a girl I thought I could see myself being with for a while. We fell heavily in love with eachother. Feelings I felt for her I never felt for anyone else. Everything was good. We went out alot. We went on picnics, went to the lake, went star gazing, she even...

How can people fall in love so hard then all of a sudden lose that and change? [ 28 Answers ]

I was in a relationship for 7 months with a girl I thought I could see myself being with for a while. We fell heavily in love with each other. Feelings I felt for her I never felt for anyone else. Everything was good. We went out a lot. We went on picnics, went to the lake, went star gazing, she...

So Fat! [ 29 Answers ]

Ahhhh.. . I'm so fat:( . I don't Know how I can lose MORE weight. I've only lost 10 pounds so far and I feel that I need to lose at least 23 more. I'm 118 lbs and I'm 13 years old, I eat next to nothing most of the time but I can't seem to lose weight as easily as I used to. What can I do to lose...

Please HELP ME ! I'm so confused! [ 1 Answers ]

a closed box with a square base is made of material that's costs 10$ per m squared for the top and bottom and 5$ per meter squared for the sides. express the cost of the box as a function of x and h. ( h being the height and x being the length and width) if the voloume is 8 meters cubed than...

View more questions Search