Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostandlonely Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Sep 9, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Someone in his closet
    My son has been plagued by a faceless man in a black hat living in his closet. The only way he will sleep in there is if the door is closed and blocked by a heavy object. HE describes the man to me as wearing black clothing and a black hat. His room is always colder than the rest of the house. Im not sure what to do please help
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Sep 14, 2008, 08:50 AM
    The sounds exactly like the boogeyman. Fortunately the boogeyman is just folklore. I'm assuming your child is young and has an active mind. He is probably just seeing shadows and convinced himself it was something else. Perhaps staying with him one night with the door open will prove to him there is nobody living in his closet. Another thing you could do is get a night light. Place the nightlight in a area that shines into the closet to avoid making any shadows. As far as his room being colder that could be anything. I don't know what your house is like but there are rooms in mine that have temperature variations. You got to ask yourself what would anything be doing in his closet. I'm no expert but that just seems silly to me. Anyway best of luck to you and your son.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Sep 14, 2008, 02:16 PM
    This is a classic shadow person appearance. If you look up "shadow people" on Wikipedia, there is even a picture exactly like what you describe. It just so happens that I just posted a new thread on this forum regarding my own investigation of shadow people. I would very much like to hear more about this. Please drop me a line if you are interested.

Alder
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Nov 2, 2008, 08:54 PM

Oh no way!

When I was a kid, I used to see the same guy in the corner or my eye, or standing near the wall, just a little out of sight, before I went to sleep.

I told my sister about it too, and she said she saw the same guy. Always a dude wearing a trench coat and a wide rim hat... kind of like a detective. I got freaked out when she said she saw him too, but now reading about this, I'm getting more freaked out, and I'm 24!

Luckily I haven't seen him since I was about 12 years old... but still... damn...
    homebirthmom Posts: 160, Reputation: 15

Nov 2, 2008, 11:46 PM

It is most probably childhood imagination running wild. However, a lot of people, me included believe there are other "beings", ie; ghosts, spirits that roam the world.
    Does your son see this man any other time than bedtime? Has he ever seen him outside of the closet? Are the lights always off? Has this "man" ever made any attempt at contact with your son? As in sounds, movements, anything?
    If the man never comes out of the closet, only appears when the lights are off, and only happens at bedtime, I'd be pretty convinced it's your son's imagination.
    Staying with your son for a night like duck22 said will probably help him to overcome this. It might take a bit more, but it's a start.
    Good luck to you and your son.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2008, 04:54 PM

Lost, if you go telling your son that this is real, he's going to become one scared and messed up little kid.

He is imagining the boogyman. Children do this all the time. It's the same thing as thinking there are monsters under the bed. Whether he is conscious of it or not, he probably got the idea from a movie, TV show, story, or other children.

As his mother, you have to calm him down, not freak him out.

Get him a nightlight, and tell him there's no such thing.

Bogeyman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Italian equivalent of the Bogeyman is l'uomo nero ("the black man"), portrayed as a tall man wearing a heavy black coat, with a black hood or hat which hides his face."
    Armygirl80 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2008, 04:36 PM

Are you people serious? First of all, if this was my child- I would seriously investigate this. You could get a tape recorder- his room is colder than the rest of the house? Hmm, that's pretty obvious right there! I'd get in touch with local para/investigators.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closet dehumidifier [ 4 Answers ]

We have a ground floor apartment in a high ranch house. The garage was converted in to our bedroom, with a closet along the garage door (which still exists). We have a problem with moisture in the bedroom, particularly in the closet, resulting in a musty smell and mildew that favors books,...

Lead closet replaced by pvc closet on toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Plumber replaced a lead closet with a pvc closet and now the toilet doesn't line up the way it used to.. It is forward 2" and sideways about 1-1/2 " Plumber says that is the best he can do.. I don't believe that . Is there a way it can line up like before.

Closet flange [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 4" waste pipe stubbed out off my concrete basement floor. Is it better to install the flange over the pipe by chipping away the concrete around the pipe, or to install inside of the pipe?

Closet lighting [ 1 Answers ]

Couple coding questions about Closets. I have read on this forum and other places that Closets do not need outlets so I understand that but... I have heard from one source that closets need lighting, and other sources closets do not need lighting. So what is the official code on the closet...

Closet bend necessary [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling the bathroom and want to put a new flange on the toilet. The old one is cast iron with oakum? And lead connection to the closet bend. I would like to change to ABS but all the fittings (closet bends) that I find at the retail stores are too deep (>8 in to bottom) and put me below...

View more questions Search