Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Questions2007 Posts: 127, Reputation: 26

Aug 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
    What is with her sudden about turn and ending things?
    I have been seeing this lady for 6 weeks or so. It has been going at exactly the right level, meet up once every few days, casual dates at first, drinks, dinner, comedy club etc. It was going at exactly the right pace.

I was keen for things to go at a normal pace, but not too fast, and she seemed to be too. I didn't push her into anything. Then we went out last Friday, had a good chat, she asked me about the last time I was with someone etc, I asked her, both at least a year out of relationships, so good amount of time. At the end of the night she asked me if I would like to come back to hers, I said that would be nice. We slept together, all was cool the next morning, I said I'd ring her at the end of the weekend.

So I dropped her a message, and she has e-mailed me saying, whilst she have had fun, she doesn't thing it can go any further, no reason.

Is that weird?

One other bit of info, may be relevant, probably not, she mentioned to me, at first hinting at it, then telling me the full story the last time we saw each other, that she was the victim of a sexual assualy 18ish months ago. I was very nice about it, she said she wanted me to know. Big info for someone about to be dumped!?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 11, 2008, 12:05 PM
    As you well know the healing process is hard on us humans, and only patience, and understanding can get you through this, as she still has healing to do. Don't take it personal, as I suspect this is more about her, than you.

Aug 11, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    As you well know the healing process is hard on us humans, and only patience, and understanding can get you thru this, as she still has healing to do. Don't take it personal, as I suspect this is more about her, than you.
    That was perhaps my thought. I replied to her e-mail, and said that it was a shame, as we had a lot in common, but if that was what she wanted then no problem.

I don't think I can do much more than that?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Just wondering, is there any big age difference between you two or does she have kids?

It seems odd since you mentionned the last date went quite well.

Aug 11, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Just wondering, is there any big age difference between you two or does she have kids?

It seems odd since you mentionned the last date went quite well.
    No, similar age, I am 33, she is 31.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 01:59 PM
    I agree with Tal. I think she has some deeper emotional issues at hand and I think you should probably count yourself lucky that you got out before you got dragged down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox heat turn off and turn back on to work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lennox heater I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get it to heat. What is wrong and how do I fix it.

Turn outside faucet 1/4 turn to the side so the hose won't be bent [ 6 Answers ]

Can I safely put a pipe wrench on an outside faucet and on the pipe it is attached to and turn it one quarter turn to the side so the hose connected to it won't be bent and spray at the attachment?

Exterior Water Faucet will not turn. How do I get it to turn again. [ 2 Answers ]

I went to turn the water on in the back and it will not turn. How do I unlosen it? Thanks

Is it possible for things to turn around now? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been seeing this guy off and on for a year. I met him not long after my husband of six years and I split up, bad timming. So I talked to him but enjoyed the attention of other men also and he could not deal which I understand. Recently we started talking a lot more which made me realize how...

View more questions Search