Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogoverthemoon Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Jul 19, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Meeting women
    Hi I'm 20 and I lost my virginity 3months ago (it was a fluke btw) and it was the only time I've ever had sex or any physical contact with a girl! but my main trouble is that I find it so hard to talk to girls and engage in conversation with them on nights out etc. But my question is: What do you say to girls to introduce yourself and get close to them? I'm not unattractive and I know it is slightly down to my confidence but I need to know what to say aswel.

All my mates for some reason or another know how to speak to girls but when I ask them what they say, they just say that they go over to them and talk!
    I have'nt really expland this question to well but what do you girls expect to hear from a guy on a night out that you would find attractive in a guy?

Im in desperate need of help.

Thank you
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 04:58 PM
    First of all, it's OK that you don't know how to talk to girls. Really. There are guys that are very social and will talk to girls at bars, clubs, etc, and then there are those guys who don't. Not a big deal.

There's something you may need to work on though, as you said, and that's your confidence and self esteem. For this, I don't suggest you go to a club or somewhere absolutely rambunctious. Go to a bar that's relatively low key, or a party with a friend, or some social function where you don't know anyone. This way, you're somewhat forced to talk, or forced to sit there by yourself. I also suggest that you don't approach a HUGE group, but either someone on their own or a small group.

The first step is to simply just say... hi. Try that for a little bit. You may fail, the girl may just immediately tell you, "No" or for you to go away... or she may even ignore you. It happens. Remember this: you can always regain your pride in the morning. Plus, if you're at a party/bar, you will most likely never run into her again, so who gives a crap about what she thinks, right?

Every now and then, a nice girl will talk to you, even if she's not interested. If she is, then great. But even if she's not, she'll at least tell you her name, and give you her basic info: where she goes to school... major... what she wants to be... etc.

Often times, you may run out of things to say. That's also OK. Practice makes perfect. Just keep on trying, and sooner or later, you'll realize that it's not that big of a deal to approach a stranger to talk to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

Meeting with ex [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I had a girlfriend of 4 years- things weren't really working. We had some problems in our relationship- but we never really talked about them, as she had a close relative who was terminally ill. It has been 2 months since we have broken up- we both miss each other and have said so....

Meeting single women [ 1 Answers ]

I don't understand why women complain about the lack of single men. I find the opposite is true for me. I live in a small town and I find there are very few prospects for a single man approaching 30. Women usually leave town after high school and the few who stay tend to be married by 18 or 19,...

Meeting Women [ 1 Answers ]

Ive recently come out of a long term relationship, and even though I know I'm not ready to jump into another relationship yet, I still want to meet some ladies and have some fun... The problem is I haven't been single for ages and I don't know how or where to meet women!! The club scene is...

Meeting Women [ 3 Answers ]

Where is a good place to meet mature, single women over 30? I don't go to bars and live in a small town.

View more questions Search