Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freeatlast1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Jun 13, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    freeatlast1
    Your wasting your time with this nut job, as she is obsessive, and will turn anything you say against you. Also realize the trauma you have been thru, and know it will be a while before you can really be ready for the company of real healthy humans, so take the healing process very seriously, and follow the suggestions in the stickies. There are links in my signature.
    Talaniman,

You are so right! This has been traumatic and has upset me so much that I've been rushing to start dating other people to get over it all. I just need to be alone and focus on myself.

Jun 13, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by damaged
    lol...She prob knows where we all live and shes gonna come and beat us up..lol...J/K :D
    I changed all my passwords and have had no verbal or in-person communication for 2 weeks and no written communication for almost a week. Maybe she has some remote way of cracking my passwords without having direct access to my computer, but I don't know.

Jun 13, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Hey you guys have been so helpful. I have another question. Obviously things weren't like this when we first started. She did ask a lot of questions about my ex, etc in the beginning but I thought she was just very interested in me. Things only slowly got progressively worse until they became hellacious.

So my question is what are the red flags to look for and when and what do you do to stop this kind of behavior in its tracks before it gets too far? I'm talking about going forward, in the future.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jun 13, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by damaged
    lol...She prob knows where we all live and shes gonna come and beat us up..lol...J/K :D
    Lmao
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jun 13, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast1
    Hey you guys have been so helpful. I have another question. Obviously things weren't like this when we first started. She did ask a lot of questions about my ex, etc in the beginning but I thought she was just very interested in me. Things only slowly got progressively worse until they became hellacious.

So my question is what are the red flags to look for and when and what do you do to stop this kind of behavior in its tracks before it gets too far? I'm talking about going forward, in the future.

OPEN COMMUNICATION, first of all your past relationship is none of her business, Me personally I do not like to hear about the old baggage of your last relationship. It's a reason why they are an ex. In fact her insecurities were never your fault, and there is usually nothing you can do to prevent someone from being the way the choose. You know when a relationship is unhealthy. From day one you should establish what you are willing to accept, and although its pretty hard because usually within the first three months you are meeting their representative. You just have to listen, be honest follow your intuition and be open, If you are uncomfortable with something establish grounds with the person you are dating by letting them know when it first happens.I can go on and on, but THE most key things in any relationship is communication, and TRUST.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jun 13, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    OPEN COMMUNICATION, first of all your past relationship is none of her business, Me personally I do not like to hear about the old baggage of your last relationship. It's a reason why they are an ex. In fact her insecurities were never your fault, and there is usually nothing you can do to prevent someone from being the way the choose. You know when a relationship is unhealthy. From day one you should establish what you are willing to accept, and although its pretty hard because usually within the first three months you are meeting their representative. You just have to listen, be honest follow your intuition and be open, If you are uncomfortable with something establish grounds with the person you are dating by letting them know when it first happens.I can go on and on, but THE most key things in any relationship is communication, and TRUST.
    I agree! However don't be totally turned away if you get into a relationship and she brings up your ex. Pretty much everyone I know can't help themselves but to be a little curious about your past. If it persist though, then I think there is a problem. Jolienoire is totally right though, its all about cummunication and trust.
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Jun 13, 2008, 11:41 AM
    I know I have asked an a 'round about' way about ex's of my boyfriends. But I never made it a habit, nor did I pry deep (like obsession).
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jun 13, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Well everybody, tomorrow is the day... Don't know if you remember but I am going skydiving. I don't think I will think of her once while I am falling from 3000 feet. I am terrified, I will admit, but I think its going to make me feel on top of the world. Its kind of funny how I spontaneously booked this days after our break-up because I felt I needed something crazy to take my mind off things. Haha I am not going to get one bit of sleep tonight. :s

I will post a picture of it when I get back! Hope everybody has a good night and day tomorrow, wish me luck!
    damaged Posts: 186, Reputation: 11

Jun 13, 2008, 12:42 PM
    OMG that's so exciting!. You're going to have a blast!. Hope you enjoy your day and come back safe :) take lots of pics... We want to see your face.. lol
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jun 13, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy
    Well everybody, tomorrow is the day.... Don't know if you remember but I am going skydiving. I don't think I will think of her once while I am falling from 3000 feet. I am terrified, I will admit, but I think its going to make me feel on top of the world. Its kinda funny how I spontaneously booked this days after our break-up because I felt I needed something crazy to take my mind off things. haha I am not going to get one bit of sleep tonight. :s

I will post a picture of it when I get back! Hope everybody has a good night and day tomorrow, wish me luck!

That is awesome mate. Good for you.

I have had a horrid afternoon. I met a very good friend for lunch and have been in tears for the last 2-3 hours. I hate being without my ex.:(

Jun 13, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernNiceGuy
    Well everybody, tomorrow is the day.... Don't know if you remember but I am going skydiving. I don't think I will think of her once while I am falling from 3000 feet. I am terrified, I will admit, but I think its going to make me feel on top of the world. Its kinda funny how I spontaneously booked this days after our break-up because I felt I needed something crazy to take my mind off things. haha I am not going to get one bit of sleep tonight. :s

Oh Man! Have a great time NNG! And Be Careful, Please! Definatley post pics, I can't wait to see them! :) :D
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 13, 2008, 01:19 PM
    NNG! That's great!
    When we advised you to distract yourself, we meant see a movie, or get a new electronic, or even just see friends and family. We didn't mean go jump out of a plane... LOL. Just joking,I hope you have fun!
    My uncle skydives and says is the best feeling ever. He's gone several times, and has come back safe evertime, so there is nothing to fear. GOOD LUCK! :) I just hipe you aren't afraid of heights...

Jun 13, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by f104
    I have had a horrid afternoon. I met a very good friend for lunch and have been in tears for the last 2-3 hours. I hate being without my ex.:(
    We're here for you... It's good that you got out to see a friend though. Did something happen during the lunch that initated the tears?
    And don't worry, this is just a rough patch, I'm sure you'll get through it. Time heals all wounds.

Jun 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
    that is awesome mate. Good for you.

Hi F104,

I am so sorry. I wish I was able to snap my fingers and make the pain go away. I would do that for all of us. I know it's hard sweetie. Do you have plans for the weekend? I would definitely suggest going out and doing something for you, something that will be all for you, and all about you. I don't know if you have any, or like them, and this may sound crazy, but, what about getting a tattoo? Design one out yourself, something that totally is a reflection of you, draw it out as best you can, and maybe get it. I had a friend that did that; he was going through a real rough time over a break-up some years back, and that is what he did. It was something totally for himself.

Jun 13, 2008, 01:24 PM
    jrsg thanks mate. Yeah he and I were talking about relationships. He is a great friend and I often talk to him. I can talk to him about anything. So I was talking to him about my ex and I just burst into tears again. I was doing so well until he and I started talking.

He said "well she maybe suffering as much as you are." I replied "Oh I hope not as this hurts so much and I don't want her to suffer like this." I am not sure if that is progress or not. But my emotions are in such a flux at the moment.

Jun 13, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starlite1
    Hi F104,

I am so sorry. I wish I was able to snap my fingers and make the pain go away. I would do that for all of us. I know it's hard sweetie. Do you have plans for the weekend? I would definately suggest going out and doing something for you, something that will be all for you, and all about you. I don't know if you have any, or like them, and this may sound crazy, but, what about getting a tattoo? Design one out yourself, something that totally is a reflection of you, draw it out as best you can, and maybe get it. I had a friend that did that; he was going through a real rough time over a break-up some years back, and that is what he did. It was something totally for himself.

Starlite1 wow! Thanks. A tattoo that is exactly what I was thinking about getting! But yes I will be spending the weekend between friends and homework. But yes I think I am going to get a big tattoo. I even shaved my head yesterday.

I wish this pain would leave for all of us too.

Jun 13, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Starlite1 wow! Thanks. A tattoo that is exactly what I was thinking about getting! But yes I will be spending the weekend between friends and homework. But yes I think I am going to get a big tattoo. I even shaved my head yesterday.

I wish this pain would leave for all of us too.
    Good for you, F104! I say, go for it :) and I wish you a wonderful weekend, full of happiness and peace!

Jun 13, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Thanks mate and the same goes for you.

Jun 13, 2008, 01:40 PM
    jrsg thanks mate. Yeah he and I were talking about relationships. He is a great friend and I often talk to him. I can talk to him about anything. So I was talking to him about my ex and I just burst into tears again. I was doing so well until he and I started talking.

He said "well she maybe suffering as much as you are." I replied "Oh I hope not as this hurts so much and I don't want her to suffer like this." I am not sure if that is progress or not. But my emotions are in such a flux at the moment.
    In my opinion, talking is very good. I have my friend who I confide in. I tell him everything about me, what I feel, and what I want to do. He doesn't always give good advice, but he is always supportive, and listens. Sometimes its good to get things out.

And as for if you've 'progressed' or not, that depends on what you consider progress. I've been reading your posts, and you seem to be progressing. This, like I said, is just a rough patch.

One thing you definitely need to do is stop thinking about her. DISTRACT YOURSELF! I have to distract myself bigtime over this weekend. My ex is going to the beach with some guy... :(. I try not to think about what's going to happen.

So, I wish you luck in getting through this. Your doing good so far! Just keep coming to this site, it helps me out a lot to talk on this forum.
    damaged Posts: 186, Reputation: 11

Jun 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
    The pain will leave one day... & everything will be okay... and then you will remember this day and laugh.. everything will just be a memory.. nothing more!. We got to be patient...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search