Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rotordude1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Trail of Tears
    Hi all,
    New to this but I think that I might get some help from this. Long story but I met my wife about 10 years ago and got married about 3 years ag after a long time apart. I was in the Marines and she was at a great career. She agreed to marry me an told me that she would be an expensive keep due to some health problems and other concerns. I thought nothing could be that bad and now Ive crossed over to the Army and 3 years later minus everything I own, a history of bad health care leading to an abortion recommended by doctors because of her heath risks, a few failures on my part to make sure things go smooth with the 5 moves we have done, some of the bad decisions in life that Ive had before we were married that has caught up with me to her dismay. Its been a rocky road since we got married and she wants out now but I think I can still make it work but the drive from her isn't there anymore. Any help out there, at wits end.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 25, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Although I don't know your entire story, just reading between the lines tells me that you have really dropped the ball. I think you know that, or you wouldn't be writing. From what you have said, you knew about her health problems, and didn't do a lot of thinking about that before you married her. You maybe thought love would cure it all?

Well reality set in, and you found out love isn't a magic cure. You've moved her from place to place, and probably from Dr. to Dr. That is a stressful situation for even a healthy person. I'm sorry to hear about the medical reasons for the abortion. That must be hard on her, and maybe she resents you for that.

I don't know if you are stationed anywhere close to home, or how often you are able to come home to be with her. I hope you aren't making her feel guilty for all of the medical bills, and the fact that you have lost what you had. Those "things" are "just things". You knew the deal when you married her right?

I know it must be rough, but you MUST make her feel like she is the most important thing in the world to you, if you want to keep her! Some counselling would also be in order for the both of you, or even the two of you separate at first.

It would be helpful for all of us here, to give a little more info. Is your wife alone a lot? Are you home often? Have you been fighting and arguing a lot? You don't have to go into detail, but a little more insight into the situation may help us to help you!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 26, 2008, 09:25 AM
    You'll need to tell us how you think you might be able to influence HER not to give up. We can't read her mind nor divine a magic bullet to fix her attitude, we can only help YOU because you're the one who is here and listening.

So, what do you want to try doing? Based on your experience with her, what is your prediction of the outcome of those attempts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy EMERGENCY I'm in tears over this [ 11 Answers ]

Please help us! Once again my puppy has been scooting around on the floor in the morning. Then she kept passing mucus out her anus, and then... I SAW A WORM!! Hanging outside her anus!! :eek: :( Oh lord I've never seen that before and almost freaked out completely! It was hanging out about 1...

Trail of Tears [ 1 Answers ]

I have just finished ready "Thirteen Moons" and got interested in the Trail of Tears, (Cherokee removal program). I wanted to read more about it. I think Amazon has over 6000 titles of that subject. Can any recommend a definitive book about the Trail of Tears? Non-fiction would be preferred....

Collapsed in uncontrollable tears [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wasn't sure who to ask about this and still not sure whether to talk about it, but here goes. I had been out with my girlfriend in town, we had a really good day and thus eneded up staying out - one of those off the cuff decisions. Anyway, walking home I just kept stopping and...

Tears [ 14 Answers ]

:mad: I found this on a web sight... I wish I could save all the tears you made me cry... So I could Drown you in them... :mad: I know that's evil but today is how I'm feeling about him today. I guessthis is part of the healing... getting angry. Thanks to you all for helping me see the light...

Lyrics of autumn tears [ 4 Answers ]

Would you please guide me to find the AUTUMN TEARS lyris specially their third album "LOVE POEMS FOR DYING CHILDREN ACT III" TNX.

View more questions Search