Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classicrocker Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Apr 25, 2008, 11:58 AM
    After breakup how long did it take to move on
    Any of you out their who had a seriouse breakup how long did it take to get back out their and date? Feel deceint about things?
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Apr 25, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classicrocker
    Any of you out their who had a seriouse breakup how long did it take to get back out their and date? feel deceint about things?
    THe longest it took me to get over someone was a year. THat was a long time ago. These days a couple of months.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 12:42 PM
    It can be months. You have to remember that getting over someone is like someone dying. You must treat them and more importantly the relationship like a death because in reality it is a permanent loss that will change your life. In the end though it is up to you to make positive decisions to help yourself move forward.
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Apr 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    It can be months. You have to remember that getting over someone is like someone dying. You must treat them and more importantly the relationship like a death because in reality it is a permanent loss that will change your life. In the end though it is up to you to make positive decisions to help yourself move forward.
    I don't necessary agree with this. Dealing with death and dealing with a breakup are two entirely different things.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 12:56 PM
    They are two different things completely. But the emotion of loss is the same. While a person dying is a loss that usually doesn't lead to anger (although it can) a break up will usually be a tough blow and the feeling of loss then anger and then eventually acceptance that it has happened and you must move forward with your own life.
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Apr 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
    I see where your getting at. I think the most important thing is simply excepting it is over. As soon as the person accepts reality they will be able to let go. Some people can take months to do this.
    inncntdvl74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 01:20 PM
    I was in a long term relationship for a year and a half that I thought was leading to marriage. After he left, it took me six years to move on. Every one is different. I don't love freely so meaningless hookup were not for me. I am proud to say that I am 33 soon to be 34 and have only had 3 sexual partners all of which were long term relationships. After six years alone, I found out who I was, what I wanted out of life, and learned that I didn't want to settle. It might take me a long time but ultimately I will find the one I want and until then I'm happy enough to wait for him.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Exactly. Some people it takes months to accept that someone has died as well. Loss is a very tough emotion because most people don't deal with that many times and most try to avoid it all costs. In fact I believe that is why so many people act in ways they normally wouldn't when they break up with someone, they are afraid of accepting the loss, even though they understand it's there.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Like everyone else has said it can take Months to years , we are all different and some people handle adversity much better than others so therefore the healing process differs.

The important thing to remember though is that the healing process doesn't start until you have LET GO and stop holding on to False hope of getting back with your Ex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long to move after foreclosure in MO [ 4 Answers ]

I searched the boards and found one thread stating that after a home is foreclosed, the new owners have to serve you with eviction notice and then you can appeal to delay it and on and on. I was thinking that you only had 3 days to move once a foreclosure happens, does anyone know? Like, if...

(long Letter)My Trust Issues-Her Breakup-I Want A new and Improved US ,Together Again [ 4 Answers ]

Me and MY girlfriend of almost 2 years have had an up and down relationship.mostly on the up ecept for the last 6 months or so. She's 20 and I'm 24. I was burned and cheated on bad in my last relationship and caried on habits of questioning and privacy invasion toward her in this relationship,from...

I've lived with my boyfriend 1 year, how long do I have until I have to move? [ 1 Answers ]

I've lived with my boyfriend in Oregon, for over one year now. We agreed I'd be responsible for buying groceries and some household items, and for house cleaning. He would continue to pay the bills and his mortgage (it is his home). We no longer get along, and I'm looking for a place to move. ...

How long do I have to move once eviction papers are filed [ 3 Answers ]

How long do I have to move once eviction papers are filed?

View more questions Search