Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SJohn Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Wondering if there's still a chance.
    So I met this girl online while playing a game we both enjoy. After getting to know her a bit, I find out she goes to the same college as me and lives about 15 minutes away. After talking to her for a while longer, I start to like her and she starts to like me, but this is where I messed up. A couple of my past relationships kind of made me "iffy" on jumping into another one. We had a conversation about her ex and had a little argument. I apologize later, making my feelings known for sure, but she tells me she thought I was uninterested and that she kind of moved on. She said that I'm an awesome guy and that we should meet up sometime and maybe start as good friends. Thing is, I still have feelings for her and I'm hoping she still has some for me. What I'm wondering is, did I miss my chance?

Edit: I just wanted to add some more. I asked if she wanted to make some concrete plans to do something together and she said after our exams are done, we could. If that helps anyone with answering. ;)
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Apr 6, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Well, as with most things involving women, you got to make it a point to hide how you feel. They don't like it when you like them. It makes no sense, but try your best to not show how in love with her you are. She wants a friend, so give her a friend, if she wants more, you'll know pretty quickly.

No, you didn't miss your chance.

Apr 7, 2008, 06:25 AM
    All right. I'll try to hide how I feel from now. Thanks. ;)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
    First off, your falling to far, to fast, with someone who is basically a stranger, and your expectations are to high, and she will never measure up as fast as your going. Slowdown, and have fun getting to know her, before you get all feely about her. Play games on line is one thing, but face to face is entirely different. So before you think of a relationship, or something in the future, make sure you know who your making plans with, and see if she feels the same, or you'll scare the poor girl off. What's the hurry?

Apr 7, 2008, 11:25 AM
    That's one of my problems, I guess. When I fall, I fall fast. Lately I've toned it down a bit and I'm just trying to get to know her better before we make plans. I'm just really looking forward to meeting her and everything. I just think it could have some potential. I guess I have ants in my pants though. :P

Apr 8, 2008, 03:14 PM
    All right, I've read/heard conflicting reports. Should I flat out hide how I feel or show how I feel here and there? I've been showing it here and there...
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Apr 8, 2008, 06:49 PM
    In the end you got to do what's going to satisfy you. Taking my or his advice because I said so isn't going to leave you fulfilled, and if it doesn't go the way you want, you'll just use that as an excuse in your mind to backtrack and try again when the damage is already done.

Personally, it's been my experience that girls don't like guys that are willing to tell them they want to be friends only to tell them they're madly in love with them. If you're willing to just be friends, try your damnedest to pull it off, if you can't, nobody will fault you for trying, and believe me, you won't be the first guy that failed trying.

If you don't think you can keep a lid on things for more than 5 minutes and that you simply must tell her everything on the first meeting, then you'd be in a plot of a chick flick movie and all you need to do is that one over-the-top thing to win her over and live happily ever after.

Once again, personally, I'd do a quick complete works list on james dean, it's short, and study that character. Otherwise, you might chase her off.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Being honest is the only way to go! That and be yourself.

Apr 9, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Well, we made quick plans to meet up tomorrow for lunch. Just a short one before she goes and does her "girl stuff" as I call it. Anything I should know and any tips to make for nice conversation, etc.
    Matteus Posts: 199, Reputation: 18

Apr 9, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SJohn
    So I met this girl online while playing a game we both enjoy. After getting to know her a bit, I find out she goes to the same college as me and lives about 15 minutes away. After talking to her for a while longer, I start to like her and she starts to like me, but this is where I messed up. A couple of my past relationships kind of made me "iffy" on jumping into another one. We had a conversation about her ex and had a little argument. I apologize later, making my feelings known for sure, but she tells me she thought I was uninterested and that she kind of moved on. She said that I'm an awesome guy and that we should meet up sometime and maybe start off as good friends. Thing is, I still have feelings for her and I'm hoping she still has some for me. What I'm wondering is, did I miss my chance?

Edit: I just wanted to add some more. I asked if she wanted to make some concrete plans to do something together and she said after our exams are done, we could. If that helps anyone with answering. ;)
    1. You already put yourself in the friendship zone. Chance missed. Once you are in, you can't get out of it, and try something different. There is a saying "from friendship starts everything", but your case is different.

2. You say you feel for her, but you don't know and you hope she feels for you. She already told you that. She doesn't. At this point, girls are very straight. What I would suggest is: try to hide. Challenge. Mystery. Let her mind work toward you. And worries about you. Let her ask herself what happened. What happened to you. Why did you flee. Your company could mean something to her. If you didn't loosed your chance, you will know from the circumstances, and her behaviour.

3. don't make plans. Don't ask her if she wants to do something with you (or together as you say). Be a catch for god's sake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I ask for a second chance? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I really really stuffed up. I went with a girl for a few months and later started to find out heaps of background info about her past that answered a lot of things I was uncertain about with her. But those things I learnt were really dark. THings that really confused me and made me pretty...

Is there any chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Thoughts about implantation bleeding and when a test would show up.. MY last normal period was April 20th. My husband and I had sex on and off after then up to the 20th of May. My cycles are usually between 27- 28 days. Which would have made my cycle due May 18th. An my period starts very heavy...

Help. Do I take a chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 21 year old girl, who 2 1/2 years ago started dating a 23 year bloke called Tom. Everything was perfect with him as he was honest, kind and real gentleman to me. We lasted 4 months as he didn't know what he wanted and wanted to be single again. I was devastated as you can imagine as this...

Is there a chance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My question is this. I have met this guy that I truly like and I know he just got out of a relationship, he says he is not ready for one yet and he says am the one if he was ready. He called me all week and then we went on a date. I had mentioned it first but he brought it up again. Then a...

Second chance [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have been in a relationship for the past ten years. We have run into problems. My exboyfriend feels that he gave most of the effort in this relationship. I didn't show him the love that he showed me. There was a lot of interference by family and friends. We were both young when we started...

View more questions Search