Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 27, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Valentines day
    Has anyone got anything special planned for valentines day?
    My girlfriend is coming home from india and I think illl take her to dinner, any one else thinking of doing something special?

Jan 27, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Oh, and has anyone got any stories to tell, like getting card from there mothers or sending cards to the wrong people?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Taking her to dinner is an awesome idea... OR making her a beautiful, romantic dinner. Either way, I'm sure she will love simply being with you! :)

(personally, I'd enjoy a home cooked meal more than a night out... but that's just me!)
    wolfcandy2 Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2008, 11:32 AM
    What about a homemade dinner with candles for the mood,followed by romantic slow dancing and whatever else the woman wants,maybe rose petals in the bath water or on the bed

Jan 28, 2008, 01:54 PM
    I'm sure she will love simply being with you!
    I'm liking the way you said that.
    Yeah I think I'm gon' cook 'er an 'omemaden dinner. Soft candle-lit italian cuisine, I'm thinking pinot noir and soft french jazz, delicatly enfused with warming red roses.
    Well that's me, anybody else going to join in?
    wolfcandy2 Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2008, 04:52 PM
    I came up with the idea when me and my ex were engaged,hope you make her as happy as she makes you

Jan 28, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Yeah it's a goodn. Maybe ill try drum n bass and whipped cream on the headboard
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Jan 28, 2008, 08:24 PM
    lol... roses always go well in these days lol =p...

and man I am going to have fun that they hahah ^^
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Well, here's the kicker.

I had v-day planned extravagantly.

I got spa treatment in the day, dinner reservations (I had to book this place in MAY 2007... that's how ridiculous this place is), a show, hotel reservations afterwards, and breakfast at another restaurant the next morning.

I... went... all... out.

I had to put a deposit on the dinner and the hotel, and I had to buy tickets to the show in advance.

... my ex and I have now been broken up for a month and a half.

... uh oh.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 12:59 PM
    V-day is on a Thursday... that sucks... I think I'll be celebrating it on Friday. Anybody else?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 29, 2008, 01:18 PM
    I'm definitely celebrating on Friday. We're going out to dinner and to a dance together and then staying at a hotel for the weekend. I need to figure out what I'm going to wear..
    punkrawkdude99 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Valentines day is such a chick holiday... why aren't there any guy holidays... some chick at my work said superbowl was a guys holiday... but I seem to know more chicks who watch football then dudes...
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Did you know that in Japan, its completely reversed? Valentines day (February 14th) is the day in which the girls buy chocolate for their men, rather than the other way around...
    punkrawkdude99 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick
    Did you know that in Japan, its completely reversed?? Valentines day (February 14th) is the day in which the girls buy chocolate for their men, rather than the other way around....

Hmmmm... that's a completely different male dominated culture... not sure I would be to interested in that...

There needs a be a take your partner out to lunch day or buy your partner a beer day

As far as V-day I have no idea what to do... so many things are so cliché about it

Jan 29, 2008, 05:19 PM
    I tink men buy more chocs for their women in a patriachal society than they would in a matriachal one.
    Mainly for apology

Jan 30, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Lol... ok.. what to do if you are single in this day ? Lol... and don't have anyone that you like to ask out ?>... XD
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Well, one year that I was single on V-day, I actually went and did my taxes...

I wouldn't recommend that... lol

(although, the refund check was a nice V-day gift to myself, but still... :) )
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Same here!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Well... I'm single. I'm not sure what I'm going to do... I might just get a few friends (or one female friend) and go out to dinner... not a fancy restaurant, but like a sushi bar or something. I know that if I stay home, I'll wallow in misery over losing $200 something on planning v-day ahead of time for my ex. Sad.

Jan 31, 2008, 11:56 PM
    You single on this date?? Suck big time.. but oh well... just going to get a girl and just go out for the heck of it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Valentines Day Gift? [ 27 Answers ]

I need a unique gift that will bring a smile to a girls face that isn't all luvy dovy but sweet (not chocolate)

Valentines tip! [ 16 Answers ]

Communication is KING!! So today is valentines day. Big day for couples. Guys: Women use this day to reflect on their relationship and figure out where it stands. You better be in good standing! Women are evaluting the relationship - seriously - almost should I stay or should I go? Write...

Yay for Valentines day! [ 3 Answers ]

Whoo hoo valentines day is almost here! Whooptee freakin doo! Am I the only one that is starting to hate this post breakup holiday? It's like every happy couple in the world wants to rub it in our face that we are single! Lol JK Have had a few fading thoughts about the ex and this one coming up,...

What should I get him for valentines day [ 1 Answers ]

Ok guys here's one for yoy what do you think? I want to get my boyfreind something he will like for valentines day I have not been with a guy for about three years I was with a women so I'm a little out of practice what should I get him?:p

Valentines Party Menu/Guide [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a valentines party and am clueless about how much food/appetizers I should have for people. Since the party starts at 10, I figure most people will be more interested in drinking (and our friends are scotch/vodka drinkers). I was thinking of doing food for like 25-30 people. Please...

View more questions Search