Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Where2Begin Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 04:14 AM
    What am I missing/forgetting?
    Here's where I'm at currently;

-I know and have professional experience in the business I'm starting, aftermarket automotive products.

-I'm currently working on the paperwork to be submitted to receive a register business name, reseller's license, local permits, etc.

-I have an experience designer ready to finish the work on my current template/layout and create a working web page once I secure my name and contracts. Currently it is nearly complete, it's simple awaiting minor changes as the product line is configured.

-I already know my likely distributors and have the applications and buy-ins ready; I'm awaiting my business license to complete the process. Each of the companies I'll be dealing with is reputable and I have had business with them on a consumer and a business level in the past. I'll sell the products of my distributors in addition to the products I've already developed.

-One aspect I'm unsure on is the server. So far GoDaddy.com seems a viable option. Any recommendations? I assume there are numerous servers out there that will work but getting the server, site security, domain name, e-mail, shopping cart, photo gallery, blog/pod cast, and advertising assistance through Google and msn all set-up from the one well known source seems rather appealing.

Despite the current goal to be an internet business, I hope and intend to open a retail shop in the future. I've be cramming to think of everything but I'm sure there are aspects I'm forgetting so, any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Feb 2, 2008, 12:07 PM
    I'd recommend you select one of the web hosting companies from a top ten list like this one. You'll notice that GoDaddy doesn't appear on many top 10 lists; I've used them and haven't been pleased with the organization of their website or their support (however, others I know have had good experience with them; I do my hosting through Bluehost, and have no complaints so far). Other than that, you seem to have most of the bases covered. :)

Are you familiar with the Service Corps Of Retired Executives (SCORE)? If you're in the USA, it's a place to find expert advice for free.
    abrudtkuhl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Go with GoDaddy. Use a CMS from their hosting connection.

Things you haven't thought of:
    1. SEO
    2. Blogging
    3. Analytics
    4. Internet Marketing
    5. Affiliate Marketing
    6. Email Marketing
    7. Internet Advertising
    8. CRM Software
    9. Accounting Software
    10. CMS (Drupal, Joomla, or my recommendation -> Wordpress)

If you want to know more, contact me at 48WebConsulting. We have training programs launching shortly.
    DeniseAL Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 02:03 PM
    I had an internet store for several years and used HostDepot.com. They are not too pricey, have different levels depending on what you need and are reliable. They also have great customer service, which I used several times. If I had to do it again, I would still use them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ideas On Forgetting Someone! [ 9 Answers ]

Please people, I need ideas on forgetting someone. Too depressed Right now. Can't sleep. Do not want to use prescription drugs. How do I go about?

Selfish and Forgetting Things [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: Ok so I think I have a problem. :eek: I have been married for 2 years. I have frequent problems with my husband. I think I'm a selfish person and also I forget things. Like when we are arguing, I stay quiet. He asks me what I think about the stuation and I can't remember what we are...

Probability of at least one user forgetting a password [ 7 Answers ]

Telephone company estimates that after one year they will have up to 100 000 users, and after five years, there will be 250 000 users. Each user is assigned a randomly generated 3,4, or 5 digit number. To ensure the password is difficult to guess the digits cannot all be the same ( 111, or 2222...

Forgetting a lost love... [ 12 Answers ]

Well, let me start with the story... (warning - sappy love story below of the girl I could never get) A summer when I was fourteen years old a girl my same age moved into my neighborhood, about three houses up from me. The first time I saw her I fell in love, I had never had been in love...

Forgetting the past? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok well I have been struggleing to help my boyfriend forget about his ex girlfriend and I was wondering if there's something that I could do to help him through this. Its been awhile since they broke, he was only 15 at the time and now is 17. His ex girlfriend would have been 16 at the time.What...

View more questions Search