Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gerardine Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 12:35 AM
    Will I fall in love with the right person ever?
    My boyfriend and I broke up after 15 months. He had cheated on me for 5 months and I think he was seeing someone else who is now his girlfriend. Will I get him back? Will I ever fall in love with the right person?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 12:39 AM
    Why would you want him back if he cheated on you for five months? If you are a seeker after a relationship with someone, chances are, that down the line you will also meet up with someone who is also a seeker and the two of you might really hit it off, have tons of things in common, and have a great relationship! Would you mind telling us how old you are, please?
    cheese124 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Dec 24, 2007, 12:49 AM
    I agree with clough. I believe ever one will find some one!

Dec 24, 2007, 03:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Why would you want him back if he cheated on you for five months? If you are a seeker after a relationship with someone, chances are, that down the line you will also meet up with someone who is also a seeker and the two of you might really hit it off, have tons of things in common, and have a great relationship! Would you mind telling us how old you are, please?

I'm 29 this yr. And yeah, that's what I ask myself as well... why do I want him back? Coz it came as a complete shock that he had cheated on me and all along, we had plans for the future. So I'm still finding it hard to accept the truth... still remembering the good times I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese124
    Yah... I think there's someone out there for everyone.. haahaa... just wish that every such person came with a tag stuck to their forehead to make identification easier :p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Originally Posted by cheese124
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerardine
    Yah... I think there's someone out there for everyone.. haahaa... just wish that every such person came with a tag stuck to their forehead to make identification easier :p
    I agree that having something to identify someone as not being a good potential for a close relation would be helpful so that anyone else should proceed with caution. However, I am one who believes in giving people at least a second chance at things. But, I'm not necessarily describing your situation specifically above. It's just the way I think in general.

It's okay to remember the good times. They might be sad to remember now. But, in the future as you recall them, it should hurt much less to remember them and there should be a fondness to them. At least, that is the way that it is with me with the good memories that I have of relationships past.

How long ago was it that you found out all of these things and when did you break up with him?

Thank you for the clarification about your age. In questions like these, it is helpful to have at least a general idea as to where someone is at in their walk in life, so that the responses can be geared accordingly.
    meb2465 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 04:37 AM
    This is bull for me looking back to get some one once cheated me for 15 months.Why do you really want him back? It must be joking.you should search for other.and you can make best of best than before.first just believe as you have potential to love and to be loved.Then try to act like that.This is my advice for you.

Dec 24, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I agree that having something to identify someone as not being a good potential for a close relation would be helpful so that anyone else should proceed with caution. However, I am one who believes in giving people at least a second chance at things. But, I'm not necessarily describing your situation specifically above. It's just the way I think in general.

It's okay to remember the good times. They might be sad to remember now. But, in the future as you recall them, it should hurt much less to remember them and there should be a fondness to them. At least, that is the way that it is with me with the good memories that I have of relationships past.

How long ago was it that you found out all of these things and when did you break up with him?

Thank you for the clarification about your age. In questions like these, it is helpful to have at least a general idea as to where someone is at in their walk in life, so that the responses can be geared accordingly.
    I was with him all the way till Oct 27 this yr... until the girl he cheated with (an acquaintance who didn't really know that we were together) called me one evening because she suspected that he was cheating on her. She wanted to know if we were together and initially, she thought that I was the 3rd party. (We kept the relationship quiet because we met at work and didn't want gossip). So I called him and he broke down and he said that he cldn't face me etc... but we met up after that for about 2-3 weeks... but that was terrible because we weren't a couple anymore but still trying to work things... he felt that I'd never trust him again and he'd feel guilty so he was always wanting the breakup... After I found out that day, I found out from the girl that it was something on/off for them since April this yr... and I never knew or suspected a thing.
    So officially we broke up on 27 oct... but held on to whatever semblance of a relationship till end nov...
    I still look back at the good times and feel sad that it's over... coz of whatever he was thinking... and to answer meb2465... it's hard to just let go of someone who's been a big part of your life suddenly. Sometimes I still wonder what went wrong... and whether it was something about me that made him do what he did. I'm still trying to remember that I can be loved and have the ability to love.
    Thanks... everyone for their comments :)
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Let me see if I get this straight -- You had a Boy Fiend for 15 months

He cheated on you for 5 months so we subtract five months and he

Was your boy fiend for 10 months is it possible he saw someone else

During that time? He could have been juggling other girls then...

And you want him back -- Get him a t-shirt -- I'm with stupid --->

Dec 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biggsie
    Let me see if I get this straight -- You had a Boy Fiend for 15 months

He cheated on you for 5 months so we subtract five months and he

was your boy fiend for 10 months is it possible he saw someone else

during that time? He could have been juggling other girls then...

And you want him back -- Get him a t-shirt -- I'm with stupid --->
    OK... I know it sounds stupid! But yeah... there's the possibility that he had other girls as well. What the head knows isn't always what the heart feels... but its getting there!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you fall OUT of love? [ 6 Answers ]

What can you do to fall OUT of love with someone? I am so in love with someone who just "doesn't want a serious relationship right now." he says he likes me and thinks we could be in a relationship in the future, but he and his ex girlfriend broke up about a month ago (she had been in Europe all...

How do people fall in love [ 18 Answers ]

I feel silly asking this question. I guess it's because of how love seems to always elude me. I always feel that the guys I feel I can fall in love with, are not interested in me in the same way. Usually, these would be my guy friends and I guess that's why I always end up in complicated...

How to fall in love again [ 1 Answers ]

How do you or any one for that matter get there man to fall in love with them all over again and to be able to tell if that person really loves them because that person does not show emotions well?

How do I fall in love again? [ 8 Answers ]

I was with a guy for almost two years and we were in love within two months. To me our relationship was great but he had a bunch of insicurities. As a result of this it causued us to have a hard horrible break up. He said and did things that I would have never thought he would have done to me. It...

How do I get a boy to fall in love with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I like this boy he's younger than me and he likes my sister I asked him out but he said no I'm totally and completely in love with him I think he's sooooooooooo cute and peng I really want him to like me can you help me please tell me how I can get him to fall in love with me.:p

View more questions Search