Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 30, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Bad Dreaming
    How to you change what you dream? For the past 2 months I have been dreaming of scary things, such as me being killed in many ways. I wake up at least 4 times a night sweating and breathing really really hard. The dreams seem stupid when I think about them, but when you believe your living them it scares me. Then this leads to what happens in my other post. My chest starts to hurt really bad and then I fall asleep from pain then and then a couple hours later I wake up sweating again and breathing hard... Its not like I am watching something scary and if I do it never did anything for me before...
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 31, 2007, 12:00 AM
    I used to have nightmares when I was going through depression. I woke up all the time and couldn't sleep. I started to write my dreams down and do breathing exercises and eventually they began to subside.

You could also be suffering from sleep paralysis which is the state of being semi-conscious while dreaming but still feeling as though you can't move. The pain or heaviness in your chest could be from sleep paralysis. Do you ever see, hear, or feel other people in the room with you while you feel that in your chest?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 31, 2007, 12:06 AM
    Im not really sure, I haven't gotten much sleep in a long time so I'm like so slow... Ill try to remember tonight, but atm I just remember pain and shaking like crazy. I don't ever see things, I'm not sure about hearing I don't remember what I hear, and for feeling, I shake too much to probabblly feel anything.
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 31, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    Im not really sure, i havent gotten much sleep in a long time so im like so slow... Ill try to remember tonight, but atm i just remember pain and shaking like crazy. I dont ever see things, im not sure about hearing i dont remember what i hear, and for feeling, i shake to much to probabblly feel anything.
    Ooph! Tell me about it... I shake like crazy when I don't get enough sleep. Just to throw another thought out there, you might be suffering from panic attacks. That can lead to nightmares, pain in the chest, numbness, lack of sleep, shaking... A myriad of other things. I hope things get better for you. :(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 12:23 AM
    If you eat anything shortly before you go to sleep, what you eat can have an effect on what you will dream and how the dreams can be. Of course what has been bothering you during the day can also affect your dreams and how they are.

I do agree about the point made about anxiety or panic attacks. Stress can be a real killer!

I have a lot of stress in my life. I also suffer from anxiety attacks. I like to think of positive things that will help to reduce it. Reading, praying, talking things through with friends, etc. during the evening hours really helps. I don't want to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. You don't have to either. Today is today. Tomorrow is tomorrow.

Here is a saying that might be of help to you:

Let's remember that if we are idealists when we wake up every morning we will work harder to change our world. And if we remain realists we will be able to sleep at night knowing we did all we could for that day.
    You can only do the best that you can do for the day. In order to get a good nights sleep, it is best to get into a pattern of going to bed at the same time each night and realize that you are done with the work for the day. Tomorrow will come. And then, you can work at what you need to do.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Food generally does not change the content of dreams, it only changes the proportion of dreams that you remember because you have a lighter sleep because you're digesting stuff and tasting stuff.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Food generally does not change the content of dreams
    I beg to differ with you here Cap, as I know that what I have eaten might affect how I might dream. If a body is having trouble digesting something, or you have eaten something that might not "agree" with you, then how you feel physically can have an affect on how and what you dream. That has been my experience anyway.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 04:43 AM
    Clough, I have experienced exactly the same thing as you. But I figure we have freaky enough dreams already, but we don't remember the vast majority of them. The food just helps us to remember them by inducing a lighter sleep through taste and digestion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lucid Dreaming [ 3 Answers ]

:confused:?? How Can I Have Lucid Dreams And How Can I Control My Dreams?? :confused: I've been trying 4 7 months now I bought laberge book but nothing is working help thanks

Keep dreaming of ex. [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I broke up about 2 weeks and a half ago, but I still dream of him almost every night. The dreams aren't random weird things. They're always about him and I being together like before and just hanging out enjoying each others company. Last night, he hugged me really tight and kissed me and...

Day bad dreaming [ 2 Answers ]

Sir, I will always be day dreaming for one or the other thing but mainly I will be dreaming that suppose if that happen or that happen I became a most richest person of the world... then I be thing and I marry to a girl which I saw in one movie I don't know what to do. More over whenever...

Dreaming of Snakes. [ 1 Answers ]

I have had snakes in my dreams all my life and I love reptiles so there is absolutely no fear there. But there has been two instances in my life: 1. I dreamt I was on my grand-parents's land (a place I love very much in South-Africa). When I saw a "Many-horned Adder", it bit me by the foot and...

Dreaming [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can any psychics here offer dream interpretation? I've been getting loads of vivid and mixed dreams and I'd love some help figuring out what messages, if any, are trying to be communicated. Thanks heaps

View more questions Search