Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivan0828 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 04:28 PM
    On a Break after 2 years
    Me and my girlfriend went out for 2 years I am 23 she is 21 we had amazing 2 years but the last couple of months have been a little rought being that my mom is dying of cancer and my dad is an alcoholic her parents are going through a divorce. We have been bickering and I guess small fights. So she tels me that we need to go on a break but she still loves me and cares for me and hasent cared for anyone as much as she's did for me. Then she's goes that its not fare to the other person if they arnt happy in a relationship so I let her have what she asked for because I want to keep her happy, she says its not about seeing other people but I don't know about that one, she says she just needs her space right now. She now goes out with her friends all the time and got a tatto although she was against them then she also tels me that she's to young for a serious relationship. It has been like 3 weeks and I mean we still talk and stuff but its really hard for me to keep myself contained I really miss her and I love her so much, I mean we had an amazing 2 years I don't know what she can be unhappy about, I treated her with nothing but respect I did everything for her and she was always there for me its really hard to because I can't even go and turn to to talk about my problems at home she used to be the only one that I can go to and talk to and let my feelings out. She also said that this break maybe will make her realize what she's taking for granted so I don't know like I have a hard time letting go and she tells me don't wait around I don't know I am confused, I want her back and everything back to normal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 04:55 PM
    She has a lot going on and she is exploring her world. I know how disappointed you are at the changes bu know its not you, its her growing and she has told you she needs time and space, and isn't ready for the things you have in mind. Let her go and grow. You should accept it. There is a world out there waiting for you to explore also. Sorry life hurts sometimes. Deal with the changes.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
    She's only 21 and you're only 23. You are both so young. She may feel that being in a serious long term relationship doesn't work with where she is in her life. All you can do is give her space and time and leave her be. Then you get on with your life and spend time with your friends and get out and have a good time.

21 is a really rebellious time for most girls. I know I wanted nothing to do with a serious relationship at that age. It was so much fun to just go out dancing with my girlfriends or go to the bar and play darts. None of us wanted to be tethered we all wanted to be free and just have fun.

I know none of what I've just said makes it any easier for you. You have to let her go and do what she feels she needs to do. Would you rather know that she is happy away from you or unhappy next to you? If you care for her as much as you say I would imagine you would want her to be happy. You are going to have to leave her alone and respect her wishes. If you push for her to come back you may push her away permanently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break Up after 5 years ? [ 50 Answers ]

I met a Peruvian girl in a nightclub over 5 years ago. She moved in with me over 2 years ago. Her parents then purchased a house for her in June 06 so I decided to rent out my townhouse and move in with her. I'm now 37 and she is 34. She runs her own business from the house and I work for an IT...

My girlfriend of 3 years wants a break. Don't know what to do. So upset. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Ive been with my girlfriend for 3 years now, we have a great relationship and we have no arguments, I never worry about a lot but lately I may ahave been asking a few many wquestions about where the relationship was going. Problem is I am 5 years older than she is. She has just turned 22 and...

Girl friend of 5 years wants to take a break, but doesn't know why. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 28, and she's 26. We've been together for almost 5 years, and in that time, things have been overall very good. We've spoken about getting married, and although we weren't planning to get married anytime soon (1-2 years), we both did want to eventually get married. We bought a house together...

After 6 Years, a break? [ 5 Answers ]

So, I will try to make this brief. My fiancée and I have been seeing each other for 6 years. We got engaged about a year ago. We broke up a couple of years ago for seven months, but got back together after neither of us had seen anyone else. Three weeks ago, she came to me and said that she...

Break-up after 3 years [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this site and very pleased to have found it. I thought I was alone in my feelings and now see that I'm not so would really appreciate some advice please. I been with my man for 3 years, we have both been married before and there wasn't much of a break before we got together,...

View more questions Search