Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mika22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Since I have been pregnant my boyfriend doesn't show me attention
    Hi am 22years old and have been with my boyfriend for almost two years,in the beginning the relationship was good we had sex everyday we talked with no arguments, everything was good, but now that I am pregnant he does't give me attention at all he doesn't spend any time with me he spends more time with his video game then he does with me I try to ask him about our personal life but he just avoids the question or thinks that I am trying to argue when I am not, I do everything that I am supposed to do as a girlfriend but it doesn't seem like it is enough. What should I do?:(
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 08:24 AM
    You need to realize he has no clue how to act or what he should be doing and if this is his and yourfirst you both are in uncharted waters here. He may be scared because of the inexperience (as are you) so talking and listening and a whole lot of patience can help. If you want something from him telll him specifically what it is, as he can only react to the most basic things for now. Good Luck and try not to be to hard on him, he's just a young guy.

Jul 27, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    You need to realize he has no clue how to act or what he should be doing and if this is his and yourfirst you both are in uncharted waters here. He may be scared because of the inexperience (as are you) so talking and listening and a whole lot of patience can help. If you want something from him telll him specifically what it is, as he can only react to the most basic things for now. Good Luck and try not to be to hard on him, he's just a young guy.

Well he is acually not young he's ten years older than I am so now what should I do?
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Jul 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mika22
    hi am 22years old and have been with my boyfriend for almost two years,in the beginning the relationship was good we had sex everyday we talked with no arguments, everything was good, but now that I am pregnant he does't give me attention at all he doesn't spend any time with me he spends more time with his video game then he does with me I try to ask him about our personal life but he just avoids the question or thinks that I am trying to argue when i am not, I do everything that i am supposed to do as a girlfriend but it doesn't seem like it is enough. what should i do?:(
    The problem is I don't think he knows how to act around you now that your pregnant. He has to still love you, but I can only bet that he is scared as hell to be coming a father. Most guys are. When I was pregnant with my son, my boyfriend did the same thing. But just try to sit down and talk to him about the situation and tell him that you love him but you have needs too. And that its not fair to you to get pushed aside and now that your pregnant you need even more attition then ever. Your hormons are raising and your up and down and you need support...
    Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Is this a first for you both?

Jul 27, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Is this a first for you both?

No this is my second this is his first
    Expert

Jul 27, 2007, 08:41 PM
    As I said in my previous post be direct and patient as you are the one that knows what's going on he hasn't a real clue. Let him feel the baby move, and try to let him know what's coming and how weird you will act(smile) don't expect he can read minds or anticapate your every need, but do let him know what would make you feel better.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 27, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Talk to him about it... and bare in mind that oyu kind of dropped a huge bomb shell on him and he is more then likely still in major shock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm pregnant and my boyfriend just broke up with me [ 20 Answers ]

He broke up with me and I'm almost 2 months. I don't have anyone to see or talk to, I'm scared, I'm alone, I don't feel like being here. I need help what should I do?

I'm pregnant and my boyfriend doesn't want to have sex anymore [ 13 Answers ]

OK well here it goes. About a month ago I found out I was pregnant and suddenly my boyfriend doesn't want to have sex with me. We had a really good sex life before this but now I feel that because he knows I'm pregnant he's not attracted to me anymore.:confused: when I ask him about it he says...

Issues need immediate attention [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with him for 7 years. Let me break down what has happened without having to write an essay. He comes from a Christian background so I thought he was good. From the start he used to cancel plans, not show up, wanted to party with his friends. I forgave him because he was married and...

Something new to my attention [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I have discovered a couple small spot like 'things' on my penis head. Im 100% sure its not an std as I've had the same sexual partner for about 3 years now and prior to that I had tests done at my health clinic and proved negative as did she. Any idea what these could be - I'm mainly...

Get the coach's attention [ 4 Answers ]

The only way I can describe basketball and me is, pure love. I play any chance I can get and I'm always spraining my ankles because of that. I play for an all star team, and I also play in a recreation league The problem I have is making the school team. I try my hardest. I dive for balls and do...

View more questions Search