Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetie_tink Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 11:22 PM
    Should I give him a second chance?
    My ex says that he has changed... he's grown up, and wants me to give him a second chance. I don't know if I can though because we had been talking about getting married and then he left me. I don't know if I can stand the heartbreak if he leaves again, but I know that I still love him... what should I do? Do I give him another chance, and risk another broken heart, or do I say no, and go on without him, and keep my heart safe?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2007, 04:51 AM
    Go very slow and see if he has changed enough for you. How long have you been together, and how old are you both? Why did he say he left?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 05:16 AM
    In my book everyone deserves a second chance. I will hold my hand out to someone and if they knock it away I will hold it out again but if they knock it away again I do not hold it out a third time.

Hold your hand out once and you are loving and caring, hold your hand out twice and you are a compassionate human being, but the person who holds their hand out a third time is a fool.

Everyone has their own journey to make. We can lend a helping hand no more.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 13, 2007, 05:23 AM
    In your heart do YOU think he deserves a second chance and do YOU think he's changed?

Think of the best thing about a relationship with him that is possible, now think of the worst possible situation (your heart being broken again as you said).

Now put them on a HUGE imaginary weighing scale...

Does the good outweigh the bad? Is it worth the risk?

Only you can decide that!
    ILOVEKDB Posts: 17, Reputation: 8

Jul 14, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Give him a chance but start slowly... and if you think he's honstly changed let him in completely again... I completely broke my grilfriends hear... and after 2 months of pain and tears I finally got up the courage to ask her for a second chance, to fix what I did wrong... and she gave it to me... now we've going out for 5 1/2 months and more in love then ever before! I would do anything fro this girl, and honstly from the bottom of my heart she means everything to me... but I have hurt her bad at least once (not nearly as bad as the frist time) in those 6 months... so I am living prof that guys can change, but that doesn't mean love is easy, your both ganna make mistakes your both ganna cry... but its worth a shot
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jul 15, 2007, 02:51 AM
    NO chance MOve on get someone who deserves you he doesn't... You will be heart broken again... It obviously didn't work with his other girl. He willonly use you and this will happen again. Trust me move on there is better than this guy out there for you and you will realise this...
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 07:18 AM
    It sounds like he's kind of desperate. I'm sure you know what the scoop is when it comes to desperate people, right? Enough said.
    ILOVEKDB Posts: 17, Reputation: 8

Jul 15, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Well did he break up with the last girl or did she dump him... If he dumped her maybe he's worth it... but just because she dumped him doesn't mean he's not worth it... if you like him don't even bother... But if you honstly think you might love him... start slow and don't get so attached too fast, judge if you think he's changed... then get more involved...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I give him one more chance? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a year and a half was my first true love. Everything in the beginning was perfect but in the last few months we had some nasty fights. I realized he was taking me for granted, possibly because we had so many plans for the future he stopped putting in effort keep me satisfied in...

All we are saying... is give peace a chance [ 29 Answers ]

If you think this war we are having is for bad intentions... raise your mouse!

Do I give him another chance? [ 10 Answers ]

I know that this ultimately is question that I will have to answer for myself, but I thought I'd ask, because maybe some of you have been there. I have been married for seven years to my husband, who was my first relationship, first everything. I'm 27... we married young. We have no children...

Should I trust her and give her another chance? [ 3 Answers ]

I have this really nice friend and very carageous and loyal, and is the sort of person everyone likes. Well she doesn't have a lying problem but its just she sometimes gets too anxious about things that I tell her and ten minutes later everyone in the class knows it. No ofense to her but you can...

Should I give his brother a chance? [ 4 Answers ]

There is this guy that I'm not sure if I still like him and I'm not sure if he still likes me, because he doesn't call or write me anymore. We never went out and he wasn't my boyfriend, we just hanged around like friends even though we knew that we liked each other. This guy #1 has a brother(guy...

View more questions Search