Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dez15 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2005, 02:08 PM
    I'm confused about my girlfriend
    About three weeks ago my gf(19 yrs old) of 4 years broke things off between us on grounds that she wanted to be alone and didn't want to be in a committed relationship. She insisted that this wasn't about me but her wanting time apart. She said she just needed some time and wanted me to wait. However, I had asked her that same day if she ever saw us coming together again and she just said "We'll see wha happens."

So I planned to go with a bunch of my friend's advice and get busy doing stuff while not contacting her at all. It's been about three weeks since we last talked and she has called me several times. On one occasion she left a message asking me not to be a stranger and call her. I didn't but what does this mean? She wanted to be alone but wants to keep contact with me? I'm not sure if this is A). She sees a future with me so she wants to keep me close since all she wants to do is have some fun for now, B) She wants to keep me on the backburner just in case she doesn't find anything else better out there, or C) She has simply made up her mind that she doesn't like me anymore and just wants to be friends.

I plan to keep going no contact but I don't know what to think. After some time has passed should I just keep some lite communication in the hopes that one day when she is ready to settle down she will want to be with me or should I just keep as far as away as possible and hope she comes back to me sooner than expected. I mean, she told me to wait for her but I'm just so confused with recent events.

Can anyone help me?
    DAVE231 Posts: 91, Reputation: 9

Jun 27, 2005, 03:22 PM
    At the age of 19 many people are suddenly afraid that they have been missing something and want to be sure before the commitment to a future is made. Perhaps she wanted to shop around and found out that you were the best guy she has known and now she wants to get closer again. If you really care about her don't play hard to get or disinterested for too long. If you're serious, make it come together or move on. Are you in love with the woman or just making time?
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 29, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Find yourself
    She dumped you once she will do it again forget this one and go out and find yourself :)
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Jun 29, 2005, 03:30 PM
    Lite communication is good... but just remember this and please don't listen to mike because it seems he is giving off a lot of bad advice lately... if you really love them you'll let them go and if they come back they're yours forever...
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 29, 2005, 07:21 PM
    Let them go let them go let them go let them go :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search