Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mymariners Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2007, 09:51 PM
    1990 honda accord electric ptoblem
    When I start the car it run's fine until I put my foot on the brake or any electric think comes on ,fans for the motor, lights etc. then the tach jumps all over the place then the car will die and is hard to get started again
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

Jun 9, 2007, 10:10 PM
    My husband has a 1990 Honda Civic LX and he has the EXACT problem that you are experiencing. We have not got it fixed yet but we have been told by a mehanic that it can be battery connectors an wires to the battery, starter or that it will need a good tune up amonst a few other things. I will let you know what is wrong with our's when we get it fixed
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Tachometer Test. Disconnect tachometer wire (if equipped). A shorted tachometer can prevent the vehicle from starting. The blue wire going to the Ignition Control Module (igniter) should be unfastened. Try starting the car again. If it starts, the problem is with the tachometer.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I would replace the Ignition Control Module. Here's how:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Honda Accord [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda Accord, was running fine. Started it up backed out of driveway and the car stopped. Cranks, won't start. Getting fuel, timing belt is fine, and I have no spark. Changed the distributor cap modular, still no spark. Any suggestions?

1990 Honda Accord won't start... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord lx, it won't start.. it cranks over but won't start, the distributor has spark what could it be?

Problem with 1990 Honda Accord EX [ 1 Answers ]

My 1990 Honda Accord EX will only start when it is warm out. I have tried just about everything including a full tune-up which didn't help... My question is this. I was told that it might have something to do with the "ignitor". Has anyone ever heard of that or knows what it is for? Thanks...

Keeping a charge on 1990 honda accord lx [ 2 Answers ]

Have had problems with keeping a charge on the car. Have been going through alternators and batteries. Last alternator lasted just over 1 year. I drive it and then the lights start to dim and the dials bottom out to zero and then the car dies. Most of the time it won't start again. I have to...

View more questions Search