Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pyg Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2008, 01:19 AM
    I love him, but he loves everyone.
    He's got the biggest heart I know - he genuinely loves everyone! He thinks the world of every single person he meets, finds their special something and loves them for it. This makes him so difficult to resist, but so difficult to love too.

I think I'm falling for him - his big heart, his smile, and the way he loves me (I know he does). Only, I also know that he loves everyone else the same way. He once did things I thought were romantic signals (hand holding, prolonged periods of sweet staring, cuddling), but when we talked about it, he says he thinks I'm genderless (if you remember that post). I suspect he'll do that for anyone who needed the company.

I'm not sure how to deal with this - this single trait of his makes me love and un-love him. A large part of me tells me to let go and be content with friendship, but a small part of me tells me that he could be the one. I've never been able to envision myself loving anyone else.
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Jan 18, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Make a move, go for it, find out if he feels the same. If he doesn't end of story.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 09:43 AM
    I may have your post mixed up with someone else's, but didn't you ask him if he was interested in you that way?

Honey, he sounds like an amazing, perfect, idyllic man. I think that if you have such love for him, he needs to know. He also needs to know that what he does (the amazing cuddles, hand holdings, etc) hurts you because its not reciprocated in the same love that you feel for him.

Bottom line. Try. Tell him what you feel.

After you tell him what you feel, expect one of two things:

Maybe he will see how wonderful YOU are and want to pursue a relationship with you. If this happens, you are sitting pretty and have an amazing relationship ahead of you.

Or, maybe he will tell you that he loves you as a friend and doesn't want anything more than that. If this is the case, you need to tell him that you need boundaries. You have to do that for yourself. If he doesn't return your love, then you need to tell him that you can't handle the affectionate gestures.

You deserve a man that loves you just as much as you love him. I hope this guy is the one that will make all your dreams come true, but if he's not, just imagine! There is someone BETTER!! :)

Good luck, honey! :)

Jan 20, 2008, 07:07 AM
    I don't dare to tell him that I've got this tiny crush on him. ):

Jan 20, 2008, 07:19 AM
    We only talked about the symbolism of holding hands and stuff. But it never really got to our feelings, because I think a bit of me doesn't want to know. In case I get hurt.
    skycandy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 11:16 PM
    I understand about you personally not wanting to get hurt, but don't you want to look back and say I had the courage to do it. Embarking out into the unknown can be so unsettling at first steps, but change is good for everybody. Once in motion you may give and receive love at will. Only time will tell pyg!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love her, but she loves another guy. [ 11 Answers ]

I won't get into too much detail but I love a girl, the problem is she loves this other guy. What should I do? The back story of this problem.. ^^ I know I love her, or you could say I care a lot for her. I wake up every morning finding new ways to make her smile, and ways to tell her how much...

She says she loves me and will always love me but needs time? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi all - first time user on this. I have read many comments and found them very useful, but I thought my situation was maybe different and would like your wise advice! My girlfriend and I had been going out for nearly 4 years (I am 25 now, she is 23). The whole relationship she has been asking...

I love my ex and he still loves me [ 3 Answers ]

I left my ex 3 months ago he was everything to me but 1 day he left me and didn't come back after 2 months so I thought it was over when he came back he told me he left out of town for a funeral I didn't believe him but when he started calling and iming me and emailing me telling me that he missed...

He says he loves me but not in love with me [ 1 Answers ]

We have been together for 8 yrs. He says he loves me but isn't in love with me. We are best of friends and he thinks of me like a sister. Someone to share everything with but no loving at all.:(

View more questions Search