Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 12:12 AM
    What is my ex thinking
    Hi I was going out with my girlfreind for a year and a half. Everything was going fine just out of the blue she said she could"nt do it anymore. We were talking about marriage and kids buying a home she said it happerened to fast and to quick but she was the one who wanted me to move in. Also she said that in the start we were doing things n now we aren"t and she felt like a stay home wife I try to sort it out but couldn"t get through to her. I was getting text messages of her and emails saying how much she was in love with me before all this happenened weeks before. She said she doesn"t know were all this has come from and why she is doing it and her head is all over the place I've asked her if she what"s me in her life or for me to leave for good but she can"t tell me. She also emailed me telling me she was sorry for what she done and to forgive her for being rude and a bit!ch. So I went home and she was fine for two days so now I've gave her space and time and moved back to my parents I just don't know how sum one can be so happy in love and be all over you and the next they are like this. I also found out that there is being a guy at her work who liked her but also knew she was happy with me but that didn't stop him he kept going for it. He says he loves her and its only being three weeks it sounds like he is playing her and is it for one reason and my ex just can't see it. I like to know what his intenions are as I know offices relationships don't work is she just going to fall head first and what me to pick up the pieces I still love her I just think she is confussed
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 03:56 AM

If I could tell you what she's thinking I would be a millionaire. But it's pretty obvious that she is interested in this other guy. And it sounds like you were more committed in the relationship than she was. You could bide your time and let this thing run it's course and then see how you feel about taking her back or you could get out there and let her see you getting on with your life. Nothing pisses an ex off more than to see their ex enjoying life without them. Even if you don't feel like it right now fake it till you make it. Good luck.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 19, 2009, 09:52 AM

I don't think that she suddenly changed her mind.

There is a theory that woman will treat their boyfriends much better if they feel an attraction to another man. This sounds like you situation, she's probably been thinknig about this other guy at work, but she felt guilty and starting telling you how much she loves you to sooth her guilt for the past few weeks.

Eventually, the guilt caught up to her and she couldn't do it anymore.

I think you did the right thing by giving her space. She's obviously really confused about her feelings.

If she really loved you back, she will come and find you. Otherwise, there's nothing more you can do, except move on with your life.

Finally, I wanted to add that it doesn't matter what the other guy did to chase her, if she was committed to your relationship, nothing the guy could have done would have pryed her away. It sounds more like your relationship wasn't as stable as you thought and this guy caught her at a vulnerable moment.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2009, 10:06 AM
    When a lady kicks me out of her house, I leave, and disappear from her life. Who cares what's going on in her head, and you really don't want to know.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 10:18 AM

I think she is interested in this guy at work. She wants to see what happens, but have you as a safety net when it doesn't work out. Don't be her safety net!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is he thinking? [ 1 Answers ]

This guy I like just confuses me (not on purpose I hope) and I'm kind of hoping for a second opinion. We only met about 2-3 months ago because he's an exchange student, and at first we didn't talk (but I thought he was sooo hot... :)) Once we started to talk, we really clicked, and he asked me...

What's she thinking? [ 7 Answers ]

So I've been with my girlfriend almost 3 months. Everything was going really well until recently. We had a few arguments that seemed to fizzle over but recently it's gotten kind of bad. She keeps making plans to hang out with me and then cancelling last minute saying that she's tired or busy with...

What is He thinking? [ 20 Answers ]

Well it has been Sunday since he has text or called. He is in Maryland and I'm in Texas. We have been apart for about five months. At first he would write all the time in basic traing telling me how much he loves me and how much he wants to marry me. Well doesn't look that way anymore cause he...

Thinking about getting a dog [ 21 Answers ]

I am an older woman, living alone in a house with a fenced yard. I want to get a dog for companionship and trying to decide on what breed would be best for me. I want a smallish one, that doesn't shed, will be obedient, easy to train, doesn't bark a lot, and doesn't need to be walked, since I...

What is she thinking? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend of three months dumped me by way of text message a few days ago. She said that she needed to grow spiritually and also get her weight and self-esteem under control. She is 21 and I am 20. I felt that she was very cold about the break-up. She is usaually very emotional about...

View more questions Search