Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CallaLily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Why do guys distant away?
    I haven't been in a serious relationship for over a year now after getting out from a very long term one heart-brokenly. Have been going out on dates during this time but could never really meet the right person. Recently I met a guy whom I know from childhood but haven't spoken to for over twenty five years because his family moved to Europe. We met up again through a friend when he was in town visiting, I could feel the sparks and things hit off quickly. We went out several times and the feeling was amazing. Unfortunately we live thousand of miles apart. I never told him how I feel for him. When he left, I thought things would be over. To my surprise, he kept the effort to keep in touch and we maintain contacts on a daily basis. This continue for about several weeks until suddenly he stops replying to my emails and texts. Messaged him few more times but he became less talkative. I could feel he's drawing away but not sure why. Perhaps he's no longer interested and I don't intend to pursue any further. However, I am just very disappointed how things are now. I thought, after a long time, I finally meet a right person again but turns out maybe I am wrong. I try to think over and over again what I have done wrong. Have I been showing too much passion in this? Should girls really play hard to get for the guys to treasure?:o
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Don't beat yourself up, as the distance makes it really hard for even committed couples. You were just talking, so there was nothing either of you could do to keep that spark alive. Don't give up on yourself, and love yourself, and be happy who you are, and sooner or later, someone will want to share that happiness with you.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 11:18 PM
    Guys run out of things to say, too. Men are visual, women are social/verbal, so you can keep up a "words only" relationship a LOT longer than he can. It's not a failure when he runs short of things to talk about, it just is what it is.

Unless you make a big deal out of it. Long distance relationship... you sure this is the best you can do for yourself?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 11:59 PM
    It takes 2 people to make that work and as people say its hard even for strong couples. But its not your fault and if you're the only that's fighting for it well its not fair on you and you are better off :)

And women are just as bad in this game. It's the typ of person your with.

You'll find someone better
    CallaLily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Am worried that I haven't done enough on my part and let go of something that could be right.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Worrying about things is frequently just wasted energy. If the reasons you had for breaking up were valid then, then they are valid now. Write them down and read them out loud to yourself.

You'll always second guess yourself, but reality is what it is. Our memories will filter out that crap and we'll long for "the way things were" when in truth they weren't nearly as good as we remember them 6 months later. That's why that written list just might save you from making a SECOND big mistake.

But, to be fair, maybe your reasons were silly. Only you can honestly say if that is true. Look at that list of reasons and judge it harshly. If your reasons were dumb, then you absolutely should consider another go with a guy who may be a great catch.

Of course, it might still be too late if he's not in the mood to take back a girl who could break up for dumb reasons... so it may not be a simple as YOU getting to decide if you're going to get another chance. Understand?

Read your list, make the call, then resist second-guessing yourself.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
    I agree with JB on this one its so true

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtech through distant learning [ 1 Answers ]

I am a housewife completed my be tech in2006 and I would like to do my Mtech through distant learning .what should I do?also I want to know about the scope of distant learning.

I am too insecure for my distant marriage [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are in our late forties, formerly divorced, and we live 3 hours apart. We've been married for 2 years and dated for 6 months prior to getting married. At first I drove to see her every weekend, now she does the driving to see me every weekend. This is due to the increase in gas...

Distant ex-boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I spent time together in New York last week. He was very defensive towards me when we last spoke. I told him not to contact me anymore because I don’t need that type of negativity in my life. Does anyone foresee him changing for the better? Is he going to be negative like this...

View more questions Search