Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fredsikwitit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Do you think me and my girlfriend are getting back together?
    (im sorry if it's a long story but I really need help)
    So me and my girlfriend have been dating for about a year and a half it's the most amazing relationship everything was perfect no big arguments no jealousy nobody came between us just true unconditional love. She is 19 and I'm 20 we both showed how much we love each other she's been with me through thick and thins also my first love. The weekend before she broke with me we spent the whole weekend together we went to dinner danced drank and then I spent the whole weekend at her house her mom told me to stay that's how good we had it. She still told me that she loved me and I believed her but later on that week we didn't really speak for two days because of our busy schedule of work and school we just called each other to say goodmorning and goodnite.
    So by Thursday she told me it s better if we go our separate ways her reason was because she doesn't want to be tie down to a relationship, she wants to be single, I didn't do anything wrong but to love her with my all my mom even invited her to come with us to our home country for a wedding and to meet my whole family, she bought her ticket right away the trip is in August. The same day she broke up with me I saw some guy trying to flirt with her on "Facebook" yes I know I sounds silly but when I saw what he was trying to do I go furious I started sending that guy messages asking him who he was to her(she never responded to his comment) so the guy finally told me they didn't have anything to do with each other.. meanwhile I added this girl that my girlfriend told me not to talk to because she had a bad vibe from her and tough me and her were doing something but that never happened in that comment I asked her for her number just to make my girl know that she made a mistake not because I care about the other girl.
    She called me next morning saying its over for good she felt hurt we let few days go by and finally came inconclusion that I never care about that girl I apolagized about that move.. she used to call me every Sunday before work its been a month now and this Saturday I called her asking her why she broke up with me she end up telling me that she loves me but wasn't in love with me anymore I asked her since when she said after the break up, I felt so miserable I kept texting her and called her asking if she left me for another guy the whole night I texted her accusing her she was with another guy and told her that "he" won't treat her the way I treat her or love her, she texted me back saying that there is no other man and that I was a lunatic. So I stopped texting her and yesterday I sent her a text apologizing about it and that it was very immature from me and that ill always be here for her no matter what. I don't know if she will be back because its been a month and no I'm not a lunatic I just love this girl so much and I know she does love me too I could see it in her eyes, she still haven't cancelled her flight to come with us you think it's a good sing? What should I do leave her alone or try to get incontact with her?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2010, 12:59 AM
    No, it doesn't sound as if you're getting back together. Stop calling her (you're acting like a stalker), and let her go.

The more you try to get the reasons, look at her Facebook, text her - the worse you'll feel.

It's hard, but you need to accept she doesn't want to be in a relationship any more. She's probably forgotten to cancel the flight.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2010, 01:22 AM

Look around on this site. You are not the only one who has had similar experiences. Most of us go through things like this.

I know you are not going to believe it now, but I promise you will be just fine soon. Just wait and see what happens.

Life is not fair sometimes.

Love will give us our highest highs, and lowest lows.

I wish you luck.
    taaam Posts: 27, Reputation: 9

Apr 14, 2010, 03:45 AM

Stop being clingy. You're having false hope. The sooner you go NC, the better it is for you.
    fredsikwitit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 05:16 AM
    I doubt that she has forgotten about the flight, it was the main topic we used to talk about because during that vacation is both of our birthdays our 2 years anni. And my mom wedding. I've asked her if she still coming since my family still consider her as family she stood quiet and I told her to think carefully about cancelling her flight so I doubt he has forgotten
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 14, 2010, 05:30 AM
    Fred, wow, talk about insecure! Wow dude!

No, it doesn't sound like you will get back together. Stop texting her, leave her alone. You are sounding like a stalker. Delete her number from your phone, delete her from your Facebook... etc.

There is an old saying... "If you love them let them go. If they come back to you they are yours. If they don't, they never were."

She's young. She wants to experience life and not be tied down to one person yet. Let her live her life. Respect that.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2010, 06:42 AM

You really need to stop acting like this. You are acting like a little whine ball to be honest. When are you going to show you have some balls left. She isn't concerned about being with you, and the reason she was quiet is because it's awkward when you are trying to be made to feel guilty because you don't want to go to your ex's family wedding with your ex boyfriend. So of course she stood quiet.

Start no contact and you will see how you will feel better in time
    stretchdawg Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 10:23 AM
    I agree no contacts the way to go and you have to stop texting her and making her feel guilty! That's stupid! It just freaks girls out. Go and flirt or have chats with as many girls around your age as you can. Don't do it to make her jealous, do it to get your mind off her. Every girl you talk to will make you feel a little bit better. If u really want to get back with her you have to cut her off. If it fixable relationship she'll contact u again even if its just to say hello. If she does however, make sure you play it cool like your doing fine without her. DO NOT CONTACT HER AT ALL! NOT FOR ANYTHING OR ANY REASON FOR A MINIMUM OF TWO WEEKS!! If you did that straight after the breakup she would have called you within the week and you would have had the upper hand...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I broke up with my girlfriend a while back and it's come back to "haunt" my emotions [ 8 Answers ]

Well, a while back, I was dating this girl I knew for a few years. One day we finally came out and told each other how we felt about each other, but at that time I was going through some rough stuff in my life with school and my family so it was a pretty bad time for the relationship. Everyday I...

So the ex girlfriend is back. [ 18 Answers ]

So me and my ex girlfriend broke up about 2 and a half months ago. We were dating for 2 years. I lost my job and got depressed and wasn't even taking care of myself so she left me. She started dating this new guy. He is a loser. Well Im back in college now and I work full time and I got all my ...

Getting ex girlfriend back. [ 11 Answers ]

So here's the deal... me and my ex had been going out for a few years, we met in college. We talked for many months before I decided to ask her out. We've had some bumps on the way but have worked on them and generally settled those concerns and I'd say that towards the last few months we started...

Getting back together with an Ex girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

Recently Ive spent a lot of time with an ex girlfriend. It's been over a year since we dated. The few times we've been together, it's been really good. We've done a lot of hugging, kissing, and holding hands. The problem is she never was good with relationships. I haven't been calling her a lot....

LD Ex Girlfriend and I want her back. [ 6 Answers ]

Last year I fell in love with this girl from flordia (I'm in michigan), we were friends first and so she crashed at my house for the 2 weeks she was here. We talked about a relationship and she said she would come back. She went home, 2 weeks later she returned. We live together for almost 4...

View more questions Search