Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jb2k Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Girlfriend and I are on break
    OK I'm sure everyone heard this story before I'm 20 years old and my girlfriend is 19 we have been dating for a year and I was so wonderful but in the past month she found out that her father has cancer and it doesn't look good so she became stressed out with school and work and her father I tried to be there for her I took her out on fun dates and whatnot then out of nowhere she wants to go on a break and I'm a man of respect and I completely honor her decision and we parted ways but the thing that bothers me is like I'm completely shut out from her like its like I never existed like on her Facebook everything about me is gone what does that mean :confused: I just want her attention not much but enough to know she still cares I heard from a friend that she "hopes " to get back with me but still I am so cold I keep myself busy with school and work and friends but I'm so unhappy and I need some help from someone who does not know me what should I do
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 29, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Hello

Right now all you can do is give her space and let her know your there when she needs you. Everyone deals with problems in their own way, many run away from things that make them happy because they feel guilty feeling happy when others in their life are hurting.

In a few weeks send her a note saying hi, thinking of you. Nothing more or less your just wanting her to know your there and keeping the doors open.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

Jun 29, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Give her the space she needs, she's going through a difficult situation which is entirely new to her.

Take the time to take care of yourself. It's hard, but live YOUR life. Give yourself the time to heal.
    And whenever she's ready, she'll let you know.
    coco5707 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Dude I am going through the same thing kina. But I feel the same way about my girlfriend. I just want her to tell me she still loves me or something. You know. Just something to give me a little hope. You can check out my question if you want the title is my girlfriend wants to take a break. I am coco5707. Let me know how things worked out
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jul 2, 2007, 06:14 PM
    There are two vital things you need to give her - space and time. She seems to be under a lot of pressure at the moment and maybe doesn't need you around her all the time.

Leave her be and she will be back if she cares
    flow_girl Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Your girlfriend hasn't stopped loving you. She just needs time to sort out her life, and come to terms with the difficult situation she's in. Whilst it may hurt that she's shut you out, give it time. When she's ready, trust me, she'll be back. She'll come running into your arms and when she does, you'll be ready. Provide the support and comfort she needs during emotional times.
    laranita82 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 06:46 PM
    All you can do is respect her wishes right now. To be honest with you, maybe she is really having a difficult time dealing with everything. I shut out everyone around me and do stupid when I am going through a difficult time. Give her time and space, I'm sure she'll appreciate it.
    cld1979 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2007, 07:10 AM
    I agree with everyone's comments so far.

Me and my girlfriend have actually split up as her father died 2 years ago, and she has never dealt with the situation. She now thinks she needs to be on her own to sort her head out.

When she first asked for a break, we tried, but she said she was so confused etc. We ended up splitting up because she still wasn't getting the space she needed.

Just let her have that time or space or she will resent you for it.

Don't read too much into deleting the Facebook stuff. To me that says she still loves you, and is desperately trying to give herself that space. Constant reminders of you are not going to allow her to do that. Don't think too much.

As already advised, send her a note in a couple of weeks simply saying that you hope she is OK, and you are thinking of her. She will appreciate knowing that she can still come to you if she feels she needs you.

Keep us updated.

Jul 7, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Well I sent the card to her and her sister contacts me letting me know she is OK and she is hurting and whatnot it felt so good to know she is OK now I just got to sit back and relax and do my thing and wait for her to contact me eh days are bittersweet my friends thanks for the advice ill let everyone know if it ends or starts a new
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Make sure your happy doing your own thing, and relax. Waiting for a phone call that may never come will drive you nuts. Don't wait, live and be happy.
    Dreams of lies Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2007, 10:13 AM
    She is going through alote of things right know and knowing that her dad has cancer is very hard on someone. Just support her wishes and know what you are their to talk if needed, let her know that you still care by being pashent and on her side. It well take a will for something like this to pas. But, even though she doest talk to you lote she still loves you it just all the stress that she is going through. But also take care off yourself I know that she would not like you to worry all the time about this she would love if you relaxed and care for her... well I don't know if this help but I hope it did and good luck...

Jul 8, 2007, 11:40 PM
    Blah its still sucks even work lost its edge her sister said she will deffinetly contact me but seriously like if another girl comes my way what do I do? Then
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Keeping tabs on her through her sister is not a good idea at all. It just keeps you full of hope, under the guise of making sure she is OK, and waiting for good news. Almost makes you a long distance stalker. Let it go and try being happy without her and give yourself time to get over this grief. You will only compare any female with your ex and worse, just be using them to get over the pain of losing your ex. Not fair, so don't fool yourself or someone else. This will take time so get busy, and leave the sister alone.

Jul 11, 2007, 12:35 AM
    Hmm thank makes sense I am being relaxed now well it might be cause hahah when I was sleeping she I.M me and said " i got your card and im writing you back i just have to mail it to you but" but I was sleeping so I didn't get it ahem its OK I guess I really am exited to hear what she had to say

Jul 13, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Now yesturday I sqw her at the bank and she we said hi and she kissed me twice and said I love you but still we are keeping our space

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend said she needs a break [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend tonight told me that she wants 2 weeks. She says she's still committed to me and still loves me but she wants to take a 2 week break from the relationship to see what happens. She said she wanted to slow things down a little. She also said if we don't get back together we will still...

Girlfriend wants to break up... [ 13 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend have been going out for 7 months and then just out of the blue she starts cryng while I'm talking on the phone with her and says she wants a break, and it hit me hard real hard, I had no idea what to do and I was all confused and hurt and feeling like crap. And then the next...

My girlfriend wants a break... [ 12 Answers ]

Ive been with my girlfriend for over two years now. Im a junior in college and she just started this year. She lives at school but its only like a 45 min drive from where I live. We have a great relationship. We both love each other very much and would do anything for each other. But over the past...

Girlfriend Wants Break! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've recently been reviewing all the postings about breaking up and stuff and I feel that they were helpful except I have a little bit different of a situation. 2 weeks ago I sensed that something wasn't right in our relationship and my g-friend seemed to loose interest in me. She has...

Girlfriend Says She Needs A Break [ 29 Answers ]

Well To Give A Little Heads Up On What Happened... Before We Were Dating She Knew Most Of My Family For A While And That's How I Met Her. Well We Were Dating For About 6-7 Months And Then Out Of The Blue She Said She Is Getting Too Stressed Out With Her Issues In Her Life And My Insecuritys . Now I...

View more questions Search