Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JanieMari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2009, 08:06 AM
    We have some wonderful neighbors we have known 11 years
    I'm so confused. We have some neighbors we have been friends with for over 11 years. Every year,we walk over on Christmas Eve to give their kids presents. I adore their little kids and have babysat for years. But this year something went wrong. I called to ask when would be a good time to come over and she was as cold as ice. She said "I GUESS you could come over for a little while on Christmas Eve" like it was a big bother. I said,"Well,you sound busy. Why don't you call us when it's a good time to come give the kids their presents"? She never called.
    On Christmas Day,they called our son because they needed a fourth person to play horseshoes. BUT,they told him to go through the back yard,not the house,because they only wanted family in the house. Our son turned them down saying,"If I'm not welcome in your house,then I'm not welcome in the back yard. He was very hurt. We all were.
    I wanted to call and ask what the problem was but my husband said NO,if they can't tell us what we have done and want us to guess,then they have lost some good friends.
    I saw her outside and she just put her nose up and walked into the house.
    I'm so confused. Any suggestions?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:12 AM

Whoa... random! I'm sure you've asked yourself if something has transpired over the last year, but has anything happened? Did your dog chew her prized petunias? Did your cat use her flower beds for a litter box?

This is very random and, if it is how you've said, very disturbing!

I guess I would bring a pot of coffee, a loaf of banana bread, and your listening hat over to her place after the holidays. I'd just ask her what's up; you guys have eleven years of friendship to back you up.

Honestly, I'd be just as clueless as you!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 08:18 AM

I personally would ask them about it and talk it out. Obviously they are mad about something and you should be able to know. If you don't remain close afterwards then at least you know why and you won't always wonder. They seem a little out of line to be acting the way they are. So just ask if you guys can talk.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Dec 28, 2009, 08:29 AM

You definitely need to chat it out. I would keep an open mind about what may have happened. It's possible they are going through something that is stressful for them and that doesn'tmean you did anything. It sounds like a long shot but people handle all things differently. The only thing to do at this point and since you still have the gifts, is to take advice given above and make time to chat it out with whichever of the two that you think would be most comfortable and find out. If they are upset with you about something the opportunity to work through it should present itself. Understand however, there could be some burden of the knowledge... Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Man being less than wonderful [ 2 Answers ]

I'm getting married this Sat and my fiance's best man is being less than great. It seems as though he's more excited about getting the "old group" back together for a free day of drinking than he is about us getting married. On top of that, his ex (who both have very strong feelings for each...

How do I get 'Mr. Wonderful' back? [ 5 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with 'Mr. Wonderful' for about 7 years. We fell for each other hard & fast. We moved in with one another within one month and he proposed marriage within 6 months (but I wasn't ready for that). He was/is hands down everything I've ever wanted in a man. I quit some jobs and...

If I am so wonderful, why am I still single [ 131 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Can someone please help me with this: I am an 23 year-old asian american, 5'4 130 pts with a beautiful face and cute figure. I attended a very good university, double major in Civil engineering and Accounting with an almost perfect GPA. I speak three languages with lots of...

Me and this wonderful girl but [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I know this girl. And I really like her. And she likes me a lot. And we've known each other for a while, but never really went out. Not friends. And not boyfriend and girlfriend. Yesterday I went to magic mountain with her and some of her friends. And I could tell she really liked me. She was...

View more questions Search