Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sahar. Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

May 10, 2011, 06:20 AM
    Comment on sahar.'s post
    Your most welcome , I hope you leave her . ;)
    loveher4eva Posts: 77, Reputation: 3

May 18, 2011, 07:21 AM
    Me ex-girlfriend says she wants be back but does she?
    After a 2 year relationship my girlfriend left me for another man. They dated for two month, she ended it with him and now has said sorry manytimes for how she treated me after the break up. She admitted she kissed him when she was with me. We met for first time in 3 month yesterday and it went well and she told me she wants me and loves me but wants to start as friends and work our way up. I don't get the feeling that she truly means it. What do I do? Does she mean what she says?
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2011, 07:25 AM
    Go with your gut feeling! That's what I would advise. I can't tell if she truly means it but why was her feelings not strong enough to begin with?

She left you for someone "better", now she's come crawling back because the grass wasn't greener? Kick her to the curb!

May 18, 2011, 07:30 AM
    My gut feeling is she is a liar but also that if she loves me again we could be great together and I wouldn't want to throw that away. She did love me once but she felt we grew apart and she kept it to herself and has begged me to forgive everything and has promised to prove her love and trust to me but she wants to start fresh as friends and work our way to bigger things, its just she seems like she does not really want this even though she said it to my face
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2011, 07:39 AM
    Like I said, go with your gut! I know I'm not giving a lot of advice here but it's the best advice I can give, I have read your other posts and I know what I would do in this situation, it seems to me that she's just settling for you and you should not let someone treat you this way. You're better than just a "settle"
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 18, 2011, 08:33 AM

I get the impression that it is the relationship that you thought you had with her that you are wanting back. I am sorry but things will never be like you thought they were before again.

Look back and see where the red flags and warning signs were. This time be open to seeing them for what they are instead of overlooking or ignoring them. She didn't have the same feelings you had and chose to kiss and run off with another man instead of communicating.

Now, you don't trust her. You shouldn't. She is still playing games with jumping from one relationship to the next. Three months after she left you she is back with her baggage still dragging along behind her because she hasn't taken time to learn how to be on her own and deal with her issues. She needs to be on her own for awhile without keeping anyone (especially you) on a string while she figures out what she wants.

You need to take more time for yourself so that you aren't tempted by memories to pick up her baggage and add it to your own. Give yourself more time to heal.

May 18, 2011, 11:02 AM
    Well I honestly was doing better two months in to the break up and I was starting to realise the pain would leave but then she got in touch and we made peace with each other... that was great until she then told me she was in a relationship with the person she left me for... a few days passed and she broke it off with him and claimed to want me and a future with me blah blah blah.if she is actually feeling like this then that is great and I would wait its just not knowing for certain that's bothering me. Your rite I did not see the warning signs from last time but when I look back it only went sour in the last couple of mmonth between us but the majority of the two years we were together it really was love and I do want that feeling back with her I fear that I will live the rest of my life regreting not been with her if I mess it up now
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 18, 2011, 11:25 AM

If you get back together, make sure that you repair the damage properly (i.e. trust issues, reasons that broke you up, etc.).

Otherwise, things will blow up again and you will break up again anyway.

May 19, 2011, 01:02 AM
    Oh trust me I will learn from my mistakes I just hope she learns from hers too. We went out again last night and she said she had a really good time and we hit it off and kissed which felt amazing after so long. And I told her I will give her space and I will. I can ignore her though because if she wants me back we can't go from not seeing each other to been in a relationship. Something has to grow from these dates we have and so have I can see progress. I mean I went from thinking I would never hear from her or see her again to her texting me saying sorry, then phone calls, then we met!! And then the last thing was a kiss so I'm not saying its certain things will progress more but if the patern stays the same taking it slow is working. My main problem was I was too focused on a future with her when we were saving up for a house together that I neglected her in the present.we both agree though that if we learn from our mistakes we can make each other so happy.

May 19, 2011, 01:03 AM
    Comment on loveher4eva's post
    That was meant to say I can't ignore her not can lol
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 19, 2011, 06:52 AM

Giving her space is one thing, if she actually needs, but could she actually want the opposite?

There seems to be a lot of questions up in the air that need answers. Make sure you're both on the same page before you move forward.

May 20, 2011, 12:14 PM
    Well thank god things have moved forward and against all odds we ahd an amazing chat and vowed to learn and be better and she said sorry so much and wants to prove she loves me and will do forever. WE ARE BACK TOGETHER. There is still an uncertain feeling I have because of everything but hopefully when we spend more time with each other that feeling will go. I'm not going to get too atatched yet and this is her last chance, I hope for the best and I will try and hope she does.

May 21, 2011, 11:58 AM
    OK people just as I thought happy time was ahead I need help again!! The night we got back together was amazing we shared a lot of passionate kisses and she told me it was for ever this time and she promised me everything would be better and that she loved me and she really did have that look of love in her eye I once saw manytimes before. I walked her home and we had a hot kiss and grope fest and said goodnight. The next day she text and we spoke on the phone and she said she thinks we have moved too fast and she said she is scared that she will hurt me again and then she told me she thinks we should not have sex or even hug or kiss for about 3 month so that she knows its not just about sex!! ( its never just been about that to me ) and then she said she needs space again and does now know if it will work out but that she does want me and then basically we broke up again.I slept on it and rang her and said I can't give you even more space hoping that you will love me after you made me so happy that night and took it all away the next day and that we can never be together. She did not want to believe that we would not be together again.I told her we should meet up one last time to say goodbye once and for all and she said she does not want to ever say goodbye but she does want to talk in a few days, I told her until she knows what she wants don't contact me and she agreed to it. Any thoughts? I have many but am very confused about the whole thing
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 21, 2011, 03:03 PM

I think you need to get some distance from her and the memories.

Both of you need to use No Contact to end the confusion and to be certain that you are thinking of the future and NOT caught up in how good it was.

Please read the thread again and again until you are thinking about what has been said instead of counter arguments to the points made.

May 22, 2011, 01:08 AM
    I know I am in love still and I think she is scared to let me go and scared that a possible future with me won't end well because she told me she knows what she wants. She even wrote down a life plan and on it is a future with me and a family. Your rite what we had is gone and dead but I would like a future with her that could be better and we both fear it could also be worse. Its hard for us to let go of each other completely this much is true. We are in no contact until the next time we meet in a few days to talk. It very well could be a final chat for us. At least we have a few days to really think about things
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 22, 2011, 04:19 AM

End the confusion and end all contact with ''miss I'll crack my whip-you jump''.

Why be her puppy dog when you can be your own person-in charge of your own life?
    munshkin Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2011, 09:30 PM
    She sounds like a confused little thing, so is she into any one else? What did she do that hurt you? And if she needs space give it to her, let her know that if needs be you'll learn to move on but that you are willing to work on things and if she wants to take it slow for your sake its also for hers so listen
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 22, 2011, 11:53 PM

You did the right thing. Don't put your life on hold waiting for her to make up her mind.

Say goodbye and walk away. No contact. Date other people, find someone that wants the same things you want.

This girl is too confused. Let her figure out her life without continuously putting you on the back burner.

May 23, 2011, 01:03 AM
    Your right she is very confussed and changes her mind a lot. To answer you question she hurt me by dumping me for someone else who she is no longer with now. She said after a lot of meeting up that she does not want anyone else and she knows she wants me but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt these days.I will give her space but not hold my breathe waiting. We are meant to be meeting up for almost one last talk before we let go or start slow but again I can't see her sticking to her plans lol.. but I will tell her that I want to take it slow but will try to move on if she wants other things. I mean she the time she started liking this other guy was about January this year just at the same time her nan died and it made her go off the rails... she has since admitted this and all her troubles once she realised she did not love the man she left me for. So I befriended her talked her through it and said YOU NEED TO BE ALONE but once I said that she kept trying to come back into my life through texting calling and meeting up,I honestly can't see this girl I love ever been out of my life it's a scary thought
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 23, 2011, 05:15 AM

You should walk away and not turn around-she's messing with you-and you're letting her.

No contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long are liquid vitamins good for once opened? [ 3 Answers ]

Once my liquid vitamins are opened and refrigerated how long are they good for?

Main screen on the vairy touch mobile phone [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how I remove the short cut menu bar that runs along the middle of my screen, it blocks my view of my wallpaper, one of the boxes has an icon of a house the other is an icon of 4 squares, please help me to remove this.

The phone call [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I fell ij love with the man who helped me a lot to escape from my emotional and psychological problems. One day he suddenly did not want to see my anymore without explaing what happened.. I only got insight that he was angry about something but did not want to speak.( we saw each other for...

View more questions Search