Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2013, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinHardly View Post
    feel free to close the thread, some of you have given me insight, and made some valid points. Odinn7 really made it clear that i've been acting very wrong, and i shouldn't be talking to her for help. i do need a counselor and i thought this could give me council.
    You have a nurse, a teacher, a counselor, and another male weighing in with all the same advice. Find a real-life counselor now and work through this. And stop torturing her by asking for more details, please. And don't allow her to discuss it either.
    KevinHardly Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    It's real life....things are never going to be perfect...especially "perfect forever". The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.
    Ok obviously nothing's going to be perfect. I know that. By perfect I mean we'll be happy together forever, and I know that happens because my grandfather, was with my grandmother, bless her soul, till the end. I could see their faces light up even at the age of 80 when they talked to each other. I feel like I could have that, and I don't want anything in my stupid head getting in the way
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2013, 11:02 PM
    >This thread is closed.<
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 17, 2013, 11:35 PM
    I have to disagree with you as well. Why, because I have age and experience on my side. You, on the other hand, are still wet behind the ears.

Sharing a past is one thing, if you are mature enough to handle what you hear. It's apparent you aren't mature enough to handle what she has gone through.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Stop being so carried away by your own feelings guy, as you have moved too fast into this relationship and have no time to adjust to the intensity of it.

You just don't have the maturity or experience to process all that you are going through properly. That's the answer to all your questions, immaturity, and inexperience. The solution is to slow down. You have much to learn about your own self control, and are helpless to control anything other than you. So while you are running on hi octane after a few months, you better get yourself to throttle back and get yourself under control.

Let your head catch up to the events, so you can first cope with yourself, and then cope with whatever follows. You are so wrapped up in her, you ignore the obvious right in front of you, and reaction badly, and impulsively, in your rush for answers.

That's what those thought are telling you, you just aren't ready for forever, and it will be a long time before you will be. This whole thing will blow up in your face if you don't let your brain catch up with your feelings.

You have made such a simple thing so complex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I Get Over My Girlfriend's Sexual Past? [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for around five months, but have been friends for a few years (we are both 18). I lost my virginity to her, but she did not lose hers to me. She has a broader sexual past than I do (in all things including sex) and has had some casual hooking up type things...

Girlfriend had lots of sexual experiences in the past [ 55 Answers ]

HI there, My question is, I don't know if I can get over the fact that my girlfriend, who I'm thinking of possibly marring in the future, has had way more sexual partners than I have in the past. Has anyone been through something like this or any advice in how to deal with this. If this is...

Fantasizing About my Girlfriend's Sexual Past [ 16 Answers ]

I was hesitant to post this subject but there isn't a whole lot online that's been helpful. I am going out with someone who is a very conservative and very loyal person. Our sex tends to be very "vanilla flavored", that is, good but conventional. Yet, or maybe partly because of this, I'm...

Girlfriend's sexual past hard to swallow. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm an indonesian, and am living in indonesia, and I have a problem that I can't really share with my fellow Indonesian friends (since they're all so "traditional" and thick-headed). We don't have a lot of pre-marital sex here, and this is a problem, because my GF DOES have a sexual past. I'm...

View more questions Search