Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smiley_faces Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 02:06 AM
    His ex coming to visit!
    Hi everyone,

My boyfriend (I have been with him about 6 months) is having his sister and his exgirlfriend (of 3 years) to visit. His sister and his ex are fairly good friends.

I will not be there. I am not worried that they will sleep together or anything, it just annoys me because I am convinced she is sniffing around. She seems incapable of letting him go and it irritates me. My boyfriend thinks I am mental because I constantly have problems with their friendship. In reality, I don't mind them being friends (lunch every so often, a drink here and there, christmas cards etc, meeting up if they are in the same city - completely fine). But making a special visit across the country and sleeping on his couch, with his sister? It seems a bit much to me,

Id be grateful for your responses... anything as this is driving me nuts! I want to explain to him how insensitive he is being, but he just says it is a problem with my self-confidence.

Smiley faces
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Apr 18, 2008, 07:20 AM
    How long has it been since they had broken up? Was it on good or bad terms?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 09:24 PM
    it just annoys me because I am convinced she is sniffing around.
    You either trust him or you don't. I understand not trusting her, and that's the real issue. You haven't been with him long, so it may be hard, but it is his call.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 11:11 PM
    The other issue is him dismissing your feelings by telling you that your instincts and doubts about the ex are all about your own lack of confidence. He either respects you and your feelings, cares that you are uneasy, and makes an honest effort to address the problem, or he doesn't. From what you've said, he's not. Does being told you are insecure make you feel more secure? In short, do his words make you feel better or worse?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First Gyn. Visit [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I'll be 18 in about two monthes and was thinking it was about time I had my first gyn. visit. So I was wondering what kind of questions I'll be asked and such?? I'm a tad shy about this stuff so I'd like to be as prepared as possible. :o

First Dentist Visit [ 1 Answers ]

I have several cavities in my mouth and my top two wisdom teeth are broken (almost half of each of them is completely gone). Up until yesterday, nothing has bothered me as far as having pain. I was chewing a piece of gum yesterday and bit my cheek really hard - now the wisdom tooth on that side...

New York visit [ 2 Answers ]

I am coming out of Boston and I want to drive to a location in Connecticut and take a train into the city. I want to enter at Grand Central and not Penn Station. Where in Connecticut can I do this and I also need to know about long term parking (4 days). My son is applying to NYU and any...

Visit me [ 2 Answers ]

visit me at my website which will soon have video game information on it. Site under construction I would like the people who go there to private message me

View more questions Search