Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confuzed Posts: 34, Reputation: 6

Mar 7, 2006, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffatl
    I always thought I would crumble at the sight of her, and let her make me weak again. Now that I know she doesnt have that control over me anymore, I feel like I am a free man, and a new man. Its refreshing to know I hold no baggage for my new lady, we hung out today and had the best time. For all you new people that are going through a hard break up, take me as an example. I was a shell of a man (just read my 1st thread here!) I thought I would never be free. If I can do it, so can you!
    Words of wisdom! Just the knowledge that you didn't "crumble at the sight of her" must be very liberating. :D
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

Mar 7, 2006, 05:44 PM
    That is so sad.

I worry that something like that is going to happen to me with my girl. I would feel terrible even though it was the right thing. Sorry to be a downer but if you feel bad at all, that is what I am almost more afraid of happening than never seeing her again.

The ring is what makes it ALL her fault. I totally feel your right, but at this point I feel for her too. Regardless of if its horrible how she acts, it is still sad.

JC

Mar 7, 2006, 05:53 PM
    Jeff, just read your first post ever. Pretty big change. You sounded about how I feel now, except my girl has not said she will definitely come back and does not constantly try to contact me and tell me she thinks we will be together 4-ever.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Mar 7, 2006, 08:26 PM
    Yea, you don't feel too bad for her now do you! ;) Kidding, I felt bad for her too, but not enough to put myself through hell again like before. :p
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Mar 7, 2006, 11:04 PM
    Jeff,
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! (sorry, I can't contain myself!) Okay, so like I'm totally doing the running man here at my desk and everyone walking by thinks I'm nuts but that's why I have the big office and they don't! I just got out of a late night meeting with some clients, so tense and stressed and I read this and I am sooooooooooooooooooo damn proud of you! Omagosh! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh!:D :) :D :eek: :eek: :D
    Right on! You held together and did what you had to do. I know you have a heart of gold and didn't do it with the sheer intent of crushing her but you showed compassion and maturity and growth beyond belief. Wildcat was right, had you fallen apart with her, she would have dumped your butt and left skid marks. She knows she hurt you and tried to make you vulnerable again but she failed miserably. No stopping you now... good for you~
    M.

P.S. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh hahahha!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2006, 11:42 PM
    Excellent. You did this for yourself. You are now free from the past, you have dealt with it. Good for you. Like every other life experience it is a learning lesson.

Joe
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 07:56 AM
    Indeed!! - just think of all the new wonderful adventures awaiting you around the corner ;)
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 08:32 AM
    Jc - I think there are something you don't get. You need to know his whole story. It's not sad at all because of the way she treated him.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Jc - I think there are something you don't get. You need to know his whole story. It's not sad at all because of the way she treated him.
    I think JC realises that now. It's just he is in a bad place at the mo wildcat.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 08:37 AM
    I know - I missed the last thread - my bad.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    I know - I missed the last thread - my bad.
    No worries :)

Mar 8, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Yeah, I appreciate the happiness. I am personally feeling better. Just yesterday was probably one of the hardest days and it is great to see happy people coming out of my own situation. Good Luck.

Rock out with your clock out Jeff.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 09:18 AM
    I am glad you are feeling better JC. Never give up, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. We have all been in your situation and come out the other side, stronger, wiser and happier. I know now I can cope with anything thrown at me. A year or so ago I couldn't cope with anything.

So keep your chin up. We are all here if you ever need to get anything off your chest ;)
    blueiman Posts: 158, Reputation: 5

Mar 8, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Sweet! Good for you. We are all very happy for you. Congrats. LMF

Mar 8, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Yeah DJ. I never thought I would come to the internet for answers to questions like these. But being able to say what I feel and have people understand is great. I can tell I will feel better soon. Like waves of clarity come over me, but I still at some points feel that I lost a good friend more than a girlfriend which is what really makes me a little sad. Its so weird to feel OK when I type clarity then by the time I hit the last word in the sentence I feel broken up again.

Crazy, eitherway I am asking out a girl I worked with a couple of weeks ago. Student teacher from a college by me. What's the worst that will happen?

JC
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jc105
    Yeah DJ. I never thought I would come to the internet for answers to questions like these. But being able to say what I feel and have people understand is great. I can tell I will feel better soon. Like waves of clarity come over me, but I still at some points feel that I lost a good friend more than a gf which is what really makes me a little sad. Its so wierd to feel ok when I type clarity then by the time I hit the last word in the sentence I feel broken up again.

Crazy, eitherway I am asking out a girl I worked with a couple of weeks ago. Student teacher from a college by me. Whats the worst that will happen?

JC
    You will feel up and down for a while, but soon enough it will pass. You just have to remember the good times that you have and taking it all as a learning curve. The fact that you are asking a girl out is great. Another step in the right direction.

Try to think of the getting over period in terms of stairs. You are taking one step at a time to reach the top of the stairs. Once you have reached the top you will find a door - soon enough you will walk through that door and Close it, then lock it, leaving everything behind you and enabling you to walk/move forward.

You are on your way - so well done!
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Great way to look at it.

But...

As I always say - Heartache is avoidable!! Always.

You need to learn to have barriers - you can't let some one cross those barriers until they pass tests. You need to slowly develop the raltionship - anyone who rushes it WILL crash and burn and have heartache.

Heartache happens WHEN you put too much importance into someone. You make them your life... which is wrong. Your lover is PART of your life NEVER your life. They are an equal part of: Work, school, friends, family, religion, hobbies, WORKOUTS, etc.

Guys have heartache WHEN they put a women on a pedestal - women never deserve to be on a pedestal. They don't want this - too much pressure. Your lover should earn the right to be your equal - and this takes TIME. Even when they are your equal, there is always they chance they will leave - and when you make them your world - heartache.

Always keep busy with other thinsg in life. Always. And, early on - date others - you have to.

Mar 9, 2006, 11:29 AM
    I just lost my whole post by hitting the wrong button on my laptop...

Summary -

I never put my girlfriend on a pedestal, promise wildcat. I treated her like crap a lot of the time. I never gave her much to stay for, but that is because she threw herself at me in the beginning and I had no respect for her.

Personally I never NEEDED her. Not financially or for any reason, she was just always with me. She followed me to NYC and back upstate all without me asking.

She loved me then, and I could never tell her to go. Now I know I love her and she has left. So conlusion, NO PEDESTAL! For god sakes and the reason why I am broken up is because I was in love with her and she was my best friend. I have to look for a new person to fill a void that has always been filled.

I feel this way about her not because I put her on a pedestal but because of what we've been through and who she is to me. So in a way I guess you can say she was a large part of my life but not in a day to day sense but in a rest of my life kind of way. The person I knew I would love on my deathbed. That kind of love, and maybe that scared her away also because she knew she had me now...

Life's a b**** and then you die. Good luck and good bye.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Mar 22, 2006, 11:31 PM
    Girl I am talking to is also talking to her EX!
    BAH! I went out with this girls best friend last night to catch up (she is also a good friend of mine). And she tells me that the gal Im talking to is also talking with her EX! She almost married this guy before she moved. Now, I really like this girl a lot, but Im not an idiot. I want to bring it up to her, but I don't want to get her friend in trouble for telling me, and Im not sure if its even my place to do so. I am just a REALLY up front person, and like to have everything on the table. LOL!! What the heck am I doing to myself! I think I like projects or something. Should I take a step back and let her figure out what the heck is going on, or walk and not look back?:confused:
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 12:19 AM
    Talking to ex.

Well, sure that could mean she's still into him, or that could mean they're friends, or that could mean the friend gave you a little test or nothing or??

If it makes you feel better bring up the idea of her ex casually... you can ask her something about that prior relationship and steer it toward is she still talking to him.

Or you can just be blunt about it and say you heard blah blah blah...

You're not comfortable with it, so if she's not comfortable with you being upset, then maybe alls not perfect.

I guess I'm biased cause I dated a girl for a long time (6 yrs) and was friends w her after until her new guy told her he was not comfortable with that.

It cost us a friendship... long after the guy was gone.

So you don't have to be happy about it, but don't freak cause she talks to the man. Unless you have reason to believe otherwise she's not necess playing you. If it bugs you that much then just ask her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I screwed up [ 25 Answers ]

I called up girlfriend last night because we usually always talk before we go to sleep. I was drunk and for some reason I don't remember I ended up flippin out on her. I called her today and said I was sorry and asked if I could meet her at work for lunch so we could talk about it. She said that...

This is truly screwed up. [ 2 Answers ]

This is a little lengthy, so I'll try to make it short but clear. For Mother's Day, I had my hair colored a reddish brown and highlighted at a salon. I absolutely loved it. I've been contiplating on going back but haven't because of the money. My friend offered to help and we chose a color close to...

Company screwed up over membership fee [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have signed up with a company that advertises itself on TV, for a contract of 300-something dollars (~Jun-2004). Now, by about Oct-Nov I couldn't pay my membership fees (I am a student and had not had a chance to work at that time) so, I called them and told them that I want to cancel my...

I screwed up [ 4 Answers ]

I made a mistake and lied to my girlfriend. She told me she never wanted to see me or talk to me again. This girl is the only girl I have felt this way for and I cannot stop thinking about her. Right now she is now talking to me but it only about how mad she is at me and keeps asking why I did it....

Feel I'm Screwed... [ 2 Answers ]

?? :'( So, here's my dilemma. I'm twenty-one years old (female) and there was a guy that I used to date exclusively for almost three years. (We got together when I turned eighteen and broke up this past May.) We were extremely serious, we lived together for awhile, became engaged, your basic...

View more questions Search