Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Feb 22, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Coughing catty
    I have a 13 year old no previouse medical problems
    3 or 4 time a day she has been coughing like as if it's a furball but nothing comes out. Never had problems with furballs before. She is of siamese build if that helps.
    Tha hacking can last for a few minutes at a time, what's going on?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Is she outside a lot? It could be an allergy or asthma or worms.
    Try giving her some fish oil or a little olive oil and see if that helps
    If you think it could be worms I would take her to the vet so they can determine what type of worm medicine would be best.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 09:52 PM
    How long has this been going on? This could also be respiratory. Does her breathing seem labored or she's just doing a try hacking sort of thing? I had a cat that would do this for a while during the fall, which I think was due to dryness in the air, but it was never at this time of year. (Of course, I don't know where you're at.)

She may not have had previous problems that you know of. Cats hide things very well and we are then surprised when something is wrong. I would at least call a vet and see if they think you should bring her in. If you aren't doing it, at her age, and being Siamese, I would be getting lab work done on her a couple of times a year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coughing uncontroablly [ 1 Answers ]

I was coughing all night till this morning and having trouble breathing I take seizure and cholestorol medication and my doctor perscribes these medications to me it this a symhptom of another seizure coming.

Why Is My Puppy Coughing? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 month old puppy. He looks like a mix. When ever he's happy he coughs like he's about to die. It sometimes happens when were playing and when I get home. What do I do! Help!

Coughing while pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new to this site, and have a very important question... I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant and am coughing due to a cold.. Can I take cough drops? Confused

Persistent coughing [ 1 Answers ]

I picked up an infection at the beginning of April this year that seemed to go straight to my chest. It gave me an awful, persistent cough which always left me struggling for breath and trying desperately to suck back some air into my lungs (even while the coughing fits, which sometimes lasted for...

View more questions Search