Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Feb 22, 2008, 08:41 PM
    I hate this. I feel like I'm worthless
    Everyone in my grade has something romantic going on except me! No one has really asked me out this year, and no one has officially admitted to liking me. And the guy I like is really shaky with me, I mean he never talk to me, but he has talked about me to my friends, and sometiemes I see him staring but that's it.

I feel so worthless, what's wrong with me!
    TechEmperor Posts: 93, Reputation: 8

Feb 22, 2008, 09:22 PM
    If you see the guy staring at you it's because he's terrified to talk to you. Go talk to him.
    Secondly, stop being so Emo. Confidence is attractive. Project confidence. Assume you are liked by everyone. The quote in your signature is applicable to this. The reason that people who are scared inside project the most confidence is because they know that showing that fear isn't productive. SHowing confidence makes other people treat you better.
    Be confident. No fear. High School is the most traumatic time of your life. It keeps getting better after that if you're any good at life.

Feb 22, 2008, 09:24 PM
    thank you =], the thing is, I act confident and bubbly but that doesn't help either, in fact a lot of times when I say a j0ke with out meaning anytrhing someone just disses me...
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 22, 2008, 09:31 PM
    What grade are you in? When I was a senior a young boy, cute, popular, baseball star, son of a coach, wanted by all the cheerleaders was always staring at me, but he wouldn't say anything. He asked me to the prom, but too late, I had a date. I never imagined I was pretty. I was never told this at home. Make sure you know how special you are. If a person stares at you is because they like you. Don't feel unwanted. All of us want to feel liked, it's part of being human. Be yourself, like yourself, achieve good things in school so that they can see how talented and smart you are. Join a club of interest. What do you like?
    TechEmperor Posts: 93, Reputation: 8

Feb 22, 2008, 09:32 PM
    "Bubbly" is not the same as confident. It can make you look like an airhead. Also, if you tell jokes that people DON'T GET because they are nitwits then they are going to this you. Think about your audience before you tell a joke. Tailor it to what you know they are interested in. Social interaction is a game, play it well and people like you.
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Feb 22, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Act like you have something else WAY more important on your mind if a guy is talking to you.
    Mystery is seduction disguised

Feb 22, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback. Oh and the guy I like another thing, might like me, I mewan I can see it, but were too different, his friends are all jerks... I feel like it can never be, and he is the only person on my mind right now... what can I do to tlk to him, wihtout getting all shy..
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 22, 2008, 09:54 PM
    I'd say talk to him even if you get shy. There is nothing wrong with shyness. It is a natural feeling that we all feel. The conversation will ease out after he starts to talk to you. I'd say ask the questions. It's always more comfortable to ask the questions than to answer them. People love to talk about themselves anyway. So, just approach him and ask him questions that come out natural.

Feb 22, 2008, 09:56 PM
    OK. But what if he's with his friends talking [like he usually is] and I'm jhust standing there like an idiot to talk to him [on and I'm in 9th grade] freshiee.. =/
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Feb 22, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Wait till he says something clever. Then say "thats deep, wanna see how deep i can be? *giggle*"
    That's all it took to make me instantly fancie you

Feb 22, 2008, 10:16 PM
    lol ^__^
    bagel sandwich Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiechick123
    Everyone in my grade has something romantic going on except me! no one has really asked me out htis year, and no one has officially admitted to liking me. and the guy i like is really shaky with me, i mean he never talk to me, but he has talked about me to my friends, and sometiemes i see him staring but thats it.

i feel so worthless, whats wrong with me!
    Ok , you do not need something romantic to be going on to have a life. It is more important at your age to have hobbies and a job goal for the future . Do things that you enjoy doing. Play a sport ! Draw a picture. Volunteer or get a job that you like .
    Your life should be about much more than a boy liking you . Enjoy being free and able to do whatever you like. You will have to deal with relationships later . Leave it go and have some fun , get your life started right. Focus on you and where you want to go and what you want to be . Then your future and future relationships will be better if you take the time to know who you are and want to become first.
    Being in a relationship does NOT make you important. Knowing who you are does.
    ryanlover_2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiechick123
    Everyone in my grade has something romantic going on except me! no one has really asked me out htis year, and no one has officially admitted to liking me. and the guy i like is really shaky with me, i mean he never talk to me, but he has talked about me to my friends, and sometiemes i see him staring but thats it.

i feel so worthless, whats wrong with me!
    Hi I'm samanta and I have the same problem!! So I'm going to try to help you and maybe it will help me... well maybe you should try to talk to him see how hw feels he might fe4ll the same way
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 08:19 AM
    You might want to reconsider basing your feelings of self worth on how popular you are with guys.

There are many other factors that are more important such as your values, character, and what you stand for as a person.

As far as your confidence, and the image others see, the guy you are interested in my be scared to make a fool of himself... wouldn't be the first time... so don't take his actions personally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Feel Worthless [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me this is my last hope for someone to help me. Im 13 and well I'm having a few problems at the moment. I've had some school issues but its an illness why I can't go and now I'm being home-schooled. Since I've been having the problems my mom and everything else around me has been...

I miss my girl friend, feel hate everything [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in love for more than 6 yrs. Allways we were together. We had all the stuffs. Last year I went abroad and when I returned she doest't care for me. She played a game and left me. I don't know what happened even. Now my full concentration on her only. I hate everything in this world....

I hate my parents I feel their inferior to me [ 16 Answers ]

:( :mad: I don't understand them my dads a phycologist and my moms a computer designer and I have what most would think is a perfect life but I think my parents are suffacating me so much I want to go back to a time 7 months ago when I was using drugs and alcohol to numb myself to the entire world...

Am I really worthless and selfish? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old girl and I could really use some help... I do not know what to do anymore. I'm always getting yelled at by both of my parents for being "worthless" and "selfish". This is constantly... like every day. For example, my mom went out of town last week to visit her parents. It...

I feel worthless, do I have anxiety? [ 7 Answers ]

I think I have some kind of anxiety disorder or something. I don't want to do things that I should want to do. Im 19 I have no license, no job, and I still live with my parents. I have no ambition to do the things normal people my age are doing, like breaking away from my parents and doing things...

View more questions Search